raro

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob - was joking about the 10 year ban.... smile.png

Sorry you couldn't make it...

those new mods are always a bit hot on the trigger tongue.png

...and the next party in Bangkok is on December 1st (First....as in first day of the month...)

• Like 1

I would like to thank the organizers and sponsors for a great night. The band (Heart band?) were very good. Wow do those girls get a workout, no need for a gym session needed for them. The leopard was interesting, very pretty lass.

Any chance of some photos being posted. There were plenty of cameras about.

Totally forgot to mention that....as this is a public forum, please do NOT post pictures of other members unless you are 100% sure you have their consent. Identifying a person as a member is a bannable offense in our forum rules. This is thaivisa, not facebook B)

Totally forgot to mention that....as this is a public forum, please do NOT post pictures of other members unless you are 100% sure you have their consent. Identifying a person as a member is a bannable offense in our forum rules. This is thaivisa, not facebook cool.png

You can post mine if you want, no problems there.

Was a very good party. The band was exhuberant to say the least, and met all requests, even ACDC. The cat, and magician were special treats, and I did get lots of pics. Only a few suggestions for the next party, one of which was mentioned by my girlfriend, and one noticed by myself.

My girl friend noticed that although the food was excellent there was a marked lack of Thai food for those that prefered it, and I was a little set back having to pay bt95 for a soft drink, when the OP mentioned free soft drinks. Medication precludes me from alcohol, although I did nurse one beer all night just to remember the taste, and left half of it, as did my girlfriend. Are our two leftover punches good for the next party....lololol?

This should not be taken as us not enjoing ourselves, we did, there was ample entertainment for the cost, even without the drinks, but the party was tailored around Western food, and drinking alcohol, with no alternatives for those prefering Thai food, and no alternative to alcohol, except for extremely overpriced soft drinks, contrary to the OP. I don't think all members, or their guests, are solely Western food eater, or alcohol drinkers. The party was well planned, and executed though, and we did have a good time. These are just observations to maybe make the next one even better.

Edited by koolbreez

raro, I understand your concerns about 'facebook photos' I did not make myself clear, my bad!

I was hoping for some photos of the band (already plenty of videos on youtube but the quality is crap) and maybe the 'leopard' Given the excellent makeup no one not in the know could recoginize her. Is this too much to ask?

Also I would like to commend the guy who sang a couple of songs, he was very good. Thanks again for a great night.

Was a very good party. The band was exhuberant to say the least, and met all requests, even ACDC. The cat, and magician were special treats, and I did get lots of pics. Only a few suggestions for the next party, one of which was mentioned by my girlfriend, and one noticed by myself.

My girl friend noticed that although the food was excellent there was a marked lack of Thai food for those that prefered it, and I was a little set back having to pay bt95 for a soft drink, when the OP mentioned free soft drinks. Medication precludes me from alcohol, although I did nurse one beer all night just to remember the taste, and left half of it, as did my girlfriend. Are our two leftover punches good for the next party....lololol?

This should not be taken as us not enjoing ourselves, we did, there was ample entertainment for the cost, even without the drinks, but the party was tailored around Western food, and drinking alcohol, with no alternatives for those prefering Thai food, and no alternative to alcohol, except for extremely overpriced soft drinks, contrary to the OP. I don't think all members, or their guests, are solely Western food eater, or alcohol drinkers. The party was well planned, and executed though, and we did have a good time. These are just observations to maybe make the next one even better.

Well noted, we will do some more Thai food for future parties. Sorry for the soft drink, that was indeed supposed to be free. If you would have pointed this out to the thaivisa management (the table that certainly didn't see any softdrinks), we would have sorted that for you.

Hope to see you at the next party on December 1st and I'll buy you a drink or two

B)

raro, I understand your concerns about 'facebook photos' I did not make myself clear, my bad!

I was hoping for some photos of the band (already plenty of videos on youtube but the quality is crap) and maybe the 'leopard' Given the excellent makeup no one not in the know could recoginize her. Is this too much to ask?

Also I would like to commend the guy who sang a couple of songs, he was very good. Thanks again for a great night.

oh, ok..that is perfectly ok...misunderstood you indeed!

B)

Lujanit.. Bernard is a long time Friend of Checkinn and a regular crooner.

I actually did not take any clips of Bernard during the night .. but have attached one of the earlier numbers performed...by both Bernard and MOTH Band.

maybe more leopard photos will appear shortly.

Smokie - sorry I am travelling....

Parties & Functions from now until New Year

Every Sunday afternoon - we have Jazz. Its a fun relaxed Jam session back by the William Wait Quartet.

Thu Fri Sat evenings 6-8pm Mike Gilligan & Dave Vogel (East listening acoustic apetizers & Aussie Ballads)

Tue & Wed Mike Hall acoustic 6-8pm

27/28 Oct - Halloween Party Weekend. The big scare night will be Saturday. Huge fun to see the Three House Witches on Broomsticks singing Abba! Saturday night we will also be hosting the Bangkok International Rugby 7's Women's team Party... the blood n gore may be real!

Sunday Night.. Rock & Blues Halloween style!

Sunday 11Nov.. Blues Brothers Night. Our big event of the year.... Jake and Elwood (flying in specially) with a 10 piece band we've put back together. Come in for some Orange Whips and all the great classics from the Cult Movie. Its a full theme night so we will have black febro hats, Rayban voyagers and black ties at the door. min entry cost 900Baht, reserved seating 600 Baht general admission which will be100% redeemable against food & drinks. HUGE FUN! tickets at Checkinn or email me on checkinn99bkk[a]gmail.com (last one was a sell out).

Sunday 25Nov - Big band spectacular A huge surprise line up of Bangkok's best "big band" musicians... all the very best classics. (alternate scheduled night 16Dec)

Sat 1Dec Classic Aussie Rock Concert Night. (also my Birthday) A History of Australasian Classics and Rock by Music of the Heart (and some very special surprise Guests... Everything from the Seekers, Jo'K, SkyHooks, Daddy Cool, LRB, MondoRock, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Midnight Oil, Men at Work, Aussie Crawl, Icehouse, INXS, Crowded House, Cold Chisel ACDC, Black Sorrows, Angels and many many more. Finshing with a first time rendition of one of Australias most famous musical numbers. Will also feature a unique Aussie memorabilia wall. Name me one live concert or venue anywhere that has performed all these numbers in continuous sets ANYWHERE / EVER and you will get a lifetime VIP card! NOT TO BE MISSED

Sun 30Dec Rock Blues Night Guest Band

Mon 31 Dec New Years Count Down with Music of the Heart band.

Every other night - Music of the Heart with knock out cabaret fun & dancing

Sunday Night

• Like 2

Smokie - sorry I am travelling....

Parties & Functions from now until New Year

Every Sunday afternoon - we have Jazz. Its a fun relaxed Jam session back by the William Wait Quartet.

Thu Fri Sat evenings 6-8pm Mike Gilligan & Dave Vogel (East listening acoustic apetizers & Aussie Ballads)

Tue & Wed Mike Hall acoustic 6-8pm

27/28 Oct - Halloween Party Weekend. The big scare night will be Saturday. Huge fun to see the Three House Witches on Broomsticks singing Abba! Saturday night we will also be hosting the Bangkok International Rugby 7's Women's team Party... the blood n gore may be real!

Sunday Night.. Rock & Blues Halloween style!

Sunday 11Nov.. Blues Brothers Night. Our big event of the year.... Jake and Elwood (flying in specially) with a 10 piece band we've put back together. Come in for some Orange Whips and all the great classics from the Cult Movie. Its a full theme night so we will have black febro hats, Rayban voyagers and black ties at the door. min entry cost 900Baht, reserved seating 600 Baht general admission which will be100% redeemable against food & drinks. HUGE FUN! tickets at Checkinn or email me on checkinn99bkk[a]gmail.com (last one was a sell out).

Sunday 25Nov - Big band spectacular A huge surprise line up of Bangkok's best "big band" musicians... all the very best classics. (alternate scheduled night 16Dec)

Sat 1Dec Classic Aussie Rock Concert Night. (also my Birthday) A History of Australasian Classics and Rock by Music of the Heart (and some very special surprise Guests... Everything from the Seekers, Jo'K, SkyHooks, Daddy Cool, LRB, MondoRock, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Midnight Oil, Men at Work, Aussie Crawl, Icehouse, INXS, Crowded House, Cold Chisel ACDC, Black Sorrows, Angels and many many more. Finshing with a first time rendition of one of Australias most famous musical numbers. Will also feature a unique Aussie memorabilia wall. Name me one live concert or venue anywhere that has performed all these numbers in continuous sets ANYWHERE / EVER and you will get a lifetime VIP card! NOT TO BE MISSED

Sun 30Dec Rock Blues Night Guest Band

Mon 31 Dec New Years Count Down with Music of the Heart band.

Every other night - Music of the Heart with knock out cabaret fun & dancing

Sunday Night

This really deserves a thread of its own, I suggest create a new one for the up coming events and parties at Check Inn 99.

• Like 2

Im planing to attend this great event... would be great to talk and have fun with other members in real...

btw how to sign up for this party ?

Just post in this topic and the Thai Visa party guru will add you to the list.

He needs the other topic surely Sounders? This one has been and gone....

Here are the photos of the Thai Visa Party at Checkinn99. Excuse the hasty montage.. if there are any photos in there that shouldn't be I will change the original clip.. just PM me. It was a pleasure to host this party and great to meet the folks behind the avatars. A special thanks to George & thai Visa Management / Moderators for a well organised and thoroughly professional approach to the whole party...(the couple of SNAFUs were on my part alone) Good luck for the next parties.

Hope to see some of you back again .. Jazz every Sunday afternoon, Music of the heart 30 nights / month, last Sunday of the Month - big band / blues. 11November - Blues Brothers Night. 1Dec Australian Classic Rock Tribute. This Saturday night..27Oct. Halloween party.

Chris

Edited by CheckInn99

I have no objections either - and bazmlb above has agreed, so the photo with us and Khun Leopard could be put up to appease the curious...What do you think Barry?

Here you go then

Sounds like you lot had a great time, sadly I'm not in Thailand at the moment.

post-104736-0-94781900-1351025843_thumb.

Out of curiosity, was that eek?