Le Cordon Bleu Dusit--Bakery Course

'We looked very closely at Dusit/Cordon Bleu about five years ago and we thought at the time that Mrs CM might enrol in the degree program there. Our research showed that the school is a staffing vehicle for Dusit hotel kitchens, students have to work in Dusit Hotel kitchens during the summer breaks, free of charge, in order to complete particular course requirements, the attraction of the school is that students who graduate stand the chance of being offered employment by the hotel chain. Now, is the course material and curiculum any good, we didn't think so in fact we thought it very poor. It also appeared to us that school staff are on the make by frequently charging students cash payments for mandatory silly misc things such as internet access, required aprons plus fines for almost everything. Best avoided methinks.

It seems to me that a 6 hr course would not offer a whole lot in terms of "learning"

It seems like it may be a tourist class to pick up a couple "baking Tips" and a couple of new recipes

If this is your goal, then have fun, But if you are looking for something that will train you for a career in baking... No one can learn that from a 6 hr course

• Like 1

Unless there is something new, they do not offer a degree in culinary arts. Who is the Chef instructor for the course?

They do indeed, or rather they did several years back when we went to see them on their "'campus'" near Seacourt Towers - who is/was the instructor, no idea.

Unless there is something new, they do not offer a degree in culinary arts. Who is the Chef instructor for the course?

They do indeed, or rather they did several years back when we went to see them on their "'campus'" near Seacourt Towers - who is/was the instructor, no idea.

They offer certificates and diplomas in pastry arts and the culinary arts but not a culinary arts degree.

They offer certificates and diplomas in pastry arts and the culinary arts but not a culinary arts degree.

Whatever ypu want to say! I mean, my wife didn't really apply for enrollement and then get accepted for it only to withdraw before the start of term, we imagined it all.

The baking and pastry courses as well as all the French courses are top notch and are taught or supervised by Michelin Star Chef's. The Thai courses are not.

Michelin star chef's or Michelin starred chef's?

I think it is basically a chef that may of worked or passed through in an establishment that had been awarded a Michelin star,nothing to get excited about as the awards are based on the restaurant and not the chef as meant here.

Whatever ypu want to say! I mean, my wife didn't really apply for enrollement and then get accepted for it only to withdraw before the start of term, we imagined it all.

Yingluck is that you?