Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to drive my children to school on it. Is there a gas tank seat mod out yet? Perhaps use the frame sliders, one standing on each side?

Where is the sarcasm font when you need it whistle.gif

There was a school near my old condo. Many mornings at the traffic lights I'd see a policeman taking his two young kids to school on his bike. One on the rear seat, one splayed out flat on the gas tank, no helmets of course. Then running the red light if nothing was coming. Imagine the results of that in the West. Policeman sacked and possibly imprisoned, kids taken away to care.

• Like 1

I want to drive my children to school on it. Is there a gas tank seat mod out yet? Perhaps use the frame sliders, one standing on each side?

Where is the sarcasm font when you need it whistle.gif

There was a school near my old condo. Many mornings at the traffic lights I'd see a policeman taking his two young kids to school on his bike. One on the rear seat, one splayed out flat on the gas tank, no helmets of course. Then running the red light if nothing was coming. Imagine the results of that in the West. Policeman sacked and possibly imprisoned, kids taken away to care.

Most of the children round my way ride their own bikes to school...some of them don't look more than 10 w00t.gif

• Like 1

so how are you satisfied with the bike guys? Was it worth buying or are you tired of it already?

from most reports it's a great bike for what it is. For 200k it seems like great value if you're looking for something like that.

Can somebody make a youtube with a real bike sound,

No they can't. get one's lazy ass to a dealer and ride one,

I am totally satisfied with it. I can commute, tour ans go for a track at the same day. Great allrounder. Of course it should be better 20 horses more. For 200k great value for thailand.

What are people realistically expecting with a pipe, fuel controller and air filter?

Does the US version have more HP? if so, how?

I am totally satisfied with it. I can commute, tour ans go for a track at the same day. Great allrounder. Of course it should be better 20 horses more. For 200k great value for thailand.

What are people realistically expecting with a pipe, fuel controller and air filter?

15-20% is a quite reasonable expectation. Some 5-10 hp...still well below a ER6.

These are are global bikes meaning same power everywhere. Unlike the N250 which has (had?) carb'd versions that put out more power; regardless of the claims that the Thai FI was more powerful than the European version.

Edited by dave_boo

15-20% is a quite reasonable expectation.
Will be nice if a pipe,filter & ECU can gain 20%/9.4 HP

But I think that 20% off those mods may be hopeful these days.

Cams, porting etc? yes possible to see the 10hp+ gains

Pilm, there was a rumor originally that the US got a 54hp version rather than the 47hp

but that was just a rumor it seems.

Pilm, there was a rumor originally that the US got a 54hp version rather than the 47hp

That upper estimate was based on the 20-25% increase that the N250 (carb'd versions) are getting with the snorkel removal/full systems on the ninjette.org board.

I concur that most likely the 54hp is crankshaft...it dovetails quite nicely with the standard ~12% drivetrain loss.

That upper estimate was based on the 20-25% increase that the N250 (carb'd versions) are getting with the snorkel removal/full systems on the ninjette.org board.

I concur that most likely the 54hp is crankshaft...it dovetails quite nicely with the standard ~12% drivetrain loss.

Dave honda bigwibg dyno claims a 43,5 ho and tyga 43 hp. But leo vince dyno gives 47 hp.

Hope it is 54 hp crank.

When looking at new exhaust systems, the dyno sheet is only one aspect- dropping weight will increase performance just as much as adding power- find out how much the stock system weighs in comparison to the aftermarket system you might be considering.

Agree here 100%, unsprung weight reduction will definitely release a few ponies used to haul that extra weight. :D

• Like 1

From aftermarket pipes, you get nearly 4-5 kgs weight reduction. Remove some more and some aluminium parts maybe get another 5 kgs. Unsprung weight reduction starts from 30 or 40 k thb rims:lol:

unless of course, you have a Ducati that has been unsprunged a lot :D

• Like 1

How is everybody doing? Sorry for the long absence I was on the holiday and had my hands full. Aftermarket exhausts are great problem is they told me straight away in the BW that fitting one will void my warranty straight away. I can however buy it from them and they will do it which is fine. But they want 40k for Moriwaki and 50K for Mugen which is very expensive. I have get one from Europe nearly half of that. Besides I really want to hear how it sounds first each one before making decision on which one to get.

How is everybody doing? Sorry for the long absence I was on the holiday and had my hands full. Aftermarket exhausts are great problem is they told me straight away in the BW that fitting one will void my warranty straight away. I can however buy it from them and they will do it which is fine. But they want 40k for Moriwaki and 50K for Mugen which is very expensive. I have get one from Europe nearly half of that. Besides I really want to hear how it sounds first each one before making decision on which one to get.

They told me at Big Wing you only void the warranty of the part you replace. So if you change the exhaust, you only lose the warranty on the exhaust.

You change your brake lever, you only lose the warranty on your original brake lever, and so on and so on...

• Like 1

I will check again when I go there, in CM every single salesman says different thing.

I got this information from the mechanic that prepared my bike when I picked it up.

Jay, good guy and speaks decent English.

Same thing Kawasaki said

Does not void warranty but warranty will not change or replace aftermarket parts is all

Same for insurance claims. They will only use stock part prices regardless of how much your aftermarket parts cost :)