Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Huh. Ok. Got it. That one looks good too. I remember that. But pretty fixed on yoshi now and it needs to be a full system. Hard to decide on pipe man!

Yeah these days I think the manufacturers have the bikes so close already that you just pick what you like

for sound & looks. Because gains all look about the same & not that big.

All seem roughly equal with pipe,filter,ecu upgrade

I did not see the Alias/Corse full system for the Honda but did see this for the N250

Welds look good & titanium should be light & last awhile

Yep. That looks like good work. Nice welds too. How much was it mania?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the full system for the N250 was 16900 baht

PS:

Here is their FB page

The guy seems nice & was easy to talk with when I asked

a few Q's awhile back

https://www.facebook.com/Aliasnolimits?hc_location=stream

PSS: I see they have You tube clips of the 500 with their

slip on & both with & without the DB killer in

Seems they do not have the full system yet?

But looks like they are coming soon.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

PS:

Here is their FB page

a few Q's awhile back

https://www.facebook.com/Aliasnolimits?hc_location=stream

The Corse exhaust will be a full system later. They are dyno testing the full system now and it will be ready in a month or two.

The exhaust as it is now costs 13,000 baht.

I know the guy on the 500 in the pictures. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

it was all looking so good until i got to this picture

post-105817-0-64418200-1367415305.jpg

what is this thing ll

That one tanin is the plate holder of an alien spaceship. It dropped from the spaceship while it is passing over my house so i installed it to my bike of course. I suspect it is an alien alloy too out of earth:D

Edited by loserlazer

PS:

Here is their FB page

a few Q's awhile backhttps://www.facebook.com/Aliasnolimits?hc_location=stream

The Corse exhaust will be a full system later. They are dyno testing the full system now and it will be ready in a month or two.

The exhaust as it is now costs 13,000 baht.

I know the guy on the 500 in the pictures.

I know they guy in the picture now too!

Do yoh need to remove the cat to install it?

Edited by loserlazer

Appreciate your point of view, suggest you contact Honda and discuss with them...

Nah nothing to discuss as I do not own one.

But go ahead if your one of the guys having to pay wink.png

Not really a POV just facts

No Bike manufacturer in the world including the $40,000 dollar high rpm super bikes need

a valve check at 1000kms

Anyone who thinks it is justified on a twin cylinder 6 thousand dollar bike is being overly

brand sensitive.

given that the next inspection isn't scheduled for another 23,000k, don't you think you are making a big deal about this?

why is it so hard to fathom that the valves may need to properly seat and be adjusted before being fine for the next 23,00k?

i do think paying 95 baht is just silly, but it certainly is no deal breaker, i would just chuckle and pay the man.

I know they guy in the picture now too!

Do you need to remove the cat to install it?

No surely you dont but....if you did then you would not later buy the full system header.

I see the guy who make them was nice enough to chime in on this thread but his post got deleted?

Must be a rule about manufacturers being seen as advertising. Which is silly if they are not the ones to start the thread

but are just answering a question.

But in any case, I did see it & he said the header section is not ready yet as it is being dyno tested

He also said the slip on unlike other systems does fit the full header. That those who bought the slip on now will get the header

for a special low price when available.

That all sounded good

I like this system due to the materials used & the price seems more than fair.

Did you notice Akrapovic just came out with a Anniversary Edition Titanium & carbon slip on for the Honda 1000RR?

Looks like this Alias Corse except they want 45,000 baht.... Insane Price! smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Not sure why people are using 95 fuel in their 500s. Don't they have 91 in Bangkok any more?

If like the CBR250, there might be detonation with certain 91 fuels.

The 500s are designed to run on 91, NOT 95. If anyone thinks they will get better performance from 95 then they're fools.

Not sure why people are using 95 fuel in their 500s. Don't they have 91 in Bangkok any more?

The 500s are designed to run on 91, NOT 95. If anyone thinks they will get better performance from 95 then they're fools.

Several years ago I used to go production bike racing with a friend. His bike was designed to run on unleaded fuel. He chose to run his bike on a much higher octane rated fuel which gave an hp boost backed up by a dyno run.

My own Cbr250r runs with no pinking using 95. It pinks using 91 even though it says 91 is ok.

• Like 1

Just like the CBR250 is.

Yet 91 fuels often cause there to be detonation/pinging/engine knock. Using 95 cures it.

attachicon.gifpost-114750-13674086156324_thumb.jpg

what is this thing ll

That one tanin is the plate holder of an alien spaceship. It dropped from the spaceship while it is passing over my house so i installed it to my bike of course. I suspect it is an alien alloy too out of earth:D

They look quite nice once the plate is added. Here is a pic of one on our MSX. I also have a black one on my Versys.

• Like 1

what is this thing ll

Sorry, double post.

post-121278-0-47094800-1367831964_thumb.

Edited by SumetCycle

what is this thing ll

Sorry, double post.
Mmm there really not for me, I like the back of the bike to look as less cluttered as possible I prefer simply 2 nuts and bolts through the number plate attaché to a tail tidy, back view of bikes is one of my favourite angles to view a bike ,see the r6 the way it comes up to a sharp point now that's my fav rear end of any bike

Was riding from pattaya to bangkok yesterday afternoon as we had a company function there.

Took highway no 7. It was surprisingly empty. Gave the bike full throttle and see 189 kmh. (At the end somehow ended up at the highway tolls, i think missed the turn or maybe bikes cannot take number 7 until somewhere?:D as i dont go pattaya that much. anyway police pity me and let me continue until the next exit with a laughter:lol:)

There were still some more power left but suddenly ignition was cut between 189 kmh to 190 kmh.

This looks like cbr500r ecu is limited at 190 kmh as my bike does not go more than that.

But i have seen a video of cbr500r on a dyno and there the guys reach 191 kmh.

So confused a little but i am sure it was not the rev limiter that cut it at 189 kmh as there were still way to redline on rev counter. I think ecu is programmed in japanese style of 190 kmh limiter.

Any ideas?

LL Your saying you felt like you had a ignition cut off at a certain speed

but you were not near redline?

Did it just feel like a major bog?

Maybe it is a fuel feed related deal & not ignition per se'

Edited by mania

LL Mine reached 195 on a dyno.

Anyway I decided to give you update on my insurance. I used Tokio Marine from bigwing, Chiang rai office are dumb ......s they tried to say on the phone they dont deal with bikes, that they dont insure bikes. After calling to chiang mai office and sorting everything out, guy came to my place with a camera to take pics of damage. They tried to push me to do my repair in Chiang Rai claiming some shop here can fix this. I refused and said rather not loose my warranty and let me shop take care of this.

So on Saturday i drove to chiang mai god it was hard to drive a bike when gear switch always gets stuck in upward position. Arrived at bigwing and they told me let us fix temporary what we can like gear leaver (straighten it out not replacing) and clutch handle and you can come back in a month or so. I was like <deleted>? He took me to the workshop at the back and showed 5 bikes in the repair and said this one is waiting for replacement parts since DECEMBER!!!!! I was shocked. They didn't even have clutch leaver in stock to replace mine which is broken in half. In the end I decided to leave my bike there and they said it will take about a month or more to get it fixed. They also said my handle bars were bent the left one.

In regards to insurance they told me they will pay for fixing but I need to pay 5000 bht fee + 1000 bht excess!!! Considering my insurance cost me 9200 its a bit steep. But the repair will cost more than 10k they said so it still helps. I told them to claim on every single piece that is broken or even scratched.

When I was there I saw 2 CBRs 5 CBF and about 7 CBX waiting for pickup:) CBX actually looks quite nice.

• Like 1

Anyway I decided to give you update on my insurance. I used Tokio Marine from bigwing, Chiang rai office are dumb ......s they tried to say on the phone they dont deal with bikes, that they dont insure bikes. After calling to chiang mai office and sorting everything out, guy came to my place with a camera to take pics of damage. They tried to push me to do my repair in Chiang Rai claiming some shop here can fix this. I refused and said rather not loose my warranty and let me shop take care of this.

So on Saturday i drove to chiang mai god it was hard to drive a bike when gear switch always gets stuck in upward position. Arrived at bigwing and they told me let us fix temporary what we can like gear leaver (straighten it out not replacing) and clutch handle and you can come back in a month or so. I was like <deleted>? He took me to the workshop at the back and showed 5 bikes in the repair and said this one is waiting for replacement parts since DECEMBER!!!!! I was shocked. They didn't even have clutch leaver in stock to replace mine which is broken in half. In the end I decided to leave my bike there and they said it will take about a month or more to get it fixed. They also said my handle bars were bent the left one.

In regards to insurance they told me they will pay for fixing but I need to pay 5000 bht fee + 1000 bht excess!!! Considering my insurance cost me 9200 its a bit steep. But the repair will cost more than 10k they said so it still helps. I told them to claim on every single piece that is broken or even scratched.

When I was there I saw 2 CBRs 5 CBF and about 7 CBX waiting for pickup:) CBX actually looks quite nice.

May be late for you now sup but,

You know those parts you mentioned did not need to be Honda specific

Clutch/brake Levers,gear shifter lever & handlebar

Also you probably could have bought all three for less than the 6k your paying +

your insurance will probably go up big next year due to your claim.

For this kind of stuff your better off buying the accessory parts & let a shop install for free anyway

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yes mania. I was not near redline - but close - and it cut.

I thought about a fuelling problem but i redline every gear so why it needs to wait until 189 kmh at 6th gear magically?

Still cbr500r is smooth and very stable at 189 kmh. Not even a shake and wants to go faster as still there is more room up there. Cool bike.

I thought about a fuelling problem but i redline every gear so why it needs to wait until 189 kmh at 6th gear magically?

Still cbr500r is smooth and very stable at 189 kmh. Not even a shake and wants to go faster as still there is more room up there. Cool bike.

Yes I figured you redlined gears already at track etc & why I thought it may be a fuel feed problem.

Since it is at the top end only ( top end of speed not revs )

Glad it is going well otherwise.

I just saw a X or F? yesterday on the road & it looked a lot bigger than I thought from pics.

May be late for you now sup but,

You know those parts you mentioned did not need to be Honda specific

Clutch/brake Levers,gear shifter lever & handlebar

Also you probably could have bought all three for less than the 6k your paying +

your insurance will probably go up big next year due to your claim.

For this kind of stuff your better off buying the accessory parts & let a shop install for free anyway

Mania those are the least of my concern. I could get those form 250 or something they are almost identical. Both of my fairings are broken, properly broken. My left handle bar is bent. Front indicators both of them broken. I just didn't specify all the stuff in the post above.

Mania those are the least of my concern. I could get those form 250 or something they are almost identical. Both of my fairings are broken, properly broken. My left handle bar is bent. Front indicators both of them broken. I just didn't specify all the stuff in the post above.

Ahhh sad.png

Sorry to hear that. Did not realize you had such a crash

Ahhh sad.png

Sorry to hear that. Did not realize you had such a crash

I slid on the roundabout. But when I stayed with my baby and wife int he hospital someone tried to brake into our house and dropped my bike on the side while nicking gas tank from the kitchen. I didnt expect simple drop like that to bend my handle bar.

LL where did you get those front indicators? They look great! How much were they? We get jack s.... here in Chiang Rai. I also want to fit sliders.

LL 190may be the power limit. Just because you have a redline does not mean the bike can do it in top gear.

• Like 1