Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, when I test drove the 500 a few weeks ago at BigWing, it was the first day of the new tax, so the price went up from 204k to 210k. I stood at the counter long enough that they got busy and walked away. I was able to read a receipt on top of a pile that clearly showed a Thai paid 190k for the bike, then there was a list of swag/prices, bringing the total up to 204k. It also indicated that he had some kind of BigWing member card. I went back to my local dealer and bought the 250 instead, as planned!

Ever figure that he might have pre ordered it at the motor expo and was just one of the first to buy the bike.

If you weren't going to buy the bike why would you just stand there? You should have just told them that you wanted to pre order the bike and wait like everyone else has to.

But congratulations on your CBR 250. It's a great bike.

The CBR 500 comes with and adjustable rear shock.

Would that fix my problem?

i

PS Thai paid 190 is all BS today I guy payed 210 for his CBR500r at bigwing when I picked one up. He must have bought it before or on the motorshow. Yes there is bigwing membership card, but it gives you stuff like 10-15% off overpriced accessories that are 20% more expensive than they should be and some other minor benefits. Membership card cost 20000 bht.

BTW insurance I got today from Bigwing is 9200 for CBR 500 covers up to 80% if it gets stolen

Edited by sup3r1or

i

PS Thai paid 190 is all BS today I guy payed 210 for his CBR500r at bigwing when I picked one up. He must have bought it before or on the motorshow. Yes there is bigwing membership card, but it gives you stuff like 10-15% off overpriced accessories that are 20% more expensive than they should be and some other minor benefits. Membership card cost 20000 bht.

BTW insurance I got today from Bigwing is 9200 for CBR 500 covers up to 80% if it gets stolen

If you adjust the rear shock you can set it how ever you like. When I tested the bike today it was unbelievably soft. It was one of the first things I noticed.

i

If you adjust the rear shock you can set it how ever you like. When I tested the bike today it was unbelievably soft. It was one of the first things I noticed.

It is soft but when you go higher rpms my bikes vibrates like Iam sitting on the chainsaw

It is soft but when you go higher rpms my bikes vibrates like Iam sitting on the chainsaw

I would have that checked pronto

Although I am not sure by your description of ants on your legs & sitting on a chainsaw :)

But Honda's are usually quite smooth & I am pretty sure this should be no exception

In your ride report you said as soon as you hit 5k it starts to struggle?

But you also said this is your first big bike & you did all your shifts at 5k?

I am wondering if you are lugging the bike?

It is hard to tell if your bike has a problem or if inexperience might be playing a part also.

In any case due to your distance from the Big Wing, do you have any experienced riding friends out

there in Chiang Rai that could take a short spin & give you a 2nd opinion?

If not get the bike back to Big Wing ASAP. But what your describing is very odd.

BTW, when I test drove the 500 a few weeks ago at BigWing, it was the first day of the new tax, so the price went up from 204k to 210k. I stood at the counter long enough that they got busy and walked away. I was able to read a receipt on top of a pile that clearly showed a Thai paid 190k for the bike, then there was a list of swag/prices, bringing the total up to 204k. It also indicated that he had some kind of BigWing member card. I went back to my local dealer and bought the 250 instead, as planned!

Ever figure that he might have pre ordered it at the motor expo and was just one of the first to buy the bike.

If you weren't going to buy the bike why would you just stand there? You should have just told them that you wanted to pre order the bike and wait like everyone else has to.

But congratulations on your CBR 250. It's a great bike.

Thanks, I love it! No I really didn't think why, just letting those who are interested in buying one know what I saw, though I'm pretty sure it had that day's date on it. I was standing there trying decide which bike to buy and I would have "pre-ordered like everyone else has to," if I felt it was the right bike and time for me, but I decided it wasn't, just like I did at Real Motorsports when looking at the Ninja250! If the membership card is 20k, I guess it all makes a bit more sense.

Although I am not sure by your description of ants on your legs & sitting on a chainsaw smile.png

But Honda's are usually quite smooth & I am pretty sure this should be no exception

It is hard to tell if your bike has a problem or if inexperience might be playing a part also.

In any case due to your distance from the Big Wing, do you have any experienced riding friends out

If not get the bike back to Big Wing ASAP. But what your describing is very odd.

Tried Ninja 250 from my friend shifted at 8000 no problem. I wonder if it could be due to the new engine. They told me not to push the bike too much before it hits 1000km, would shifting at high rpm also include this?

Although I am not sure by your description of ants on your legs & sitting on a chainsaw smile.png

Tried Ninja 250 from my friend shifted at 8000 no problem. I wonder if it could be due to the new engine. They told me not to push the bike too much before it hits 1000km, would shifting at high rpm also include this?

Check the engine mounting bolts for tightness, loose ones can cause high frequency vibration as the revs rise. Any new bike I`ve bought here I`ve always done my own inspection as I`ve found mechanics can`t be trusted to do a thorough PDI. Take the bike back to your dealer and tell them you are having issues with the bike, oversee any adjustments they make. Don`t be fobbed off with BS. Edited by BirdsandBooze

Cannot compare the N250 with this 500

The 500 is a square engine so will be a lower rev type.

That aside the amount of vibration your describing cannot/should not be ascribed to a new engine

As B&B said you can check mounts but I would think they test drove the bike...maybe not ? :)

Anyway also as B&B said if you feel it is abnormal definitely take it back.

It is a shame you are so far from the shop though.

Also because you said this is your first Big Bike I would try to get a 2nd opinion from someone with experience if you

know any bike buddies near you.

As far as not pushing before 1000km that is standard break in speak from shops.

There is more than one type of break in though. In any case a few excursions to higher revs will

not harm anything. Just don't be over redline or missing shifts at high revs.

Good Luck

i

superior, my bike has no problems with vibrations and it never stops or lurches on 5000 rpm. And, Even it is smooth near redline so better show your bike.

Engine: it is smooth and it has good power starting from 1500 rpm right away and have power everywhere. I liked low and mid range power a lot. It lets you forget which gear you are as it goes all the time smoothly.

Sounds like you had fun Lazer

Good to hear a report on this bike.

Yes that is the benefit from a square engine. Pulls all the time

& gear choice is not as important. Especially nice in the city etc. No need to worry about what gear

Of course I am a little jealous of how easily you reached 175 @ low RPM

No replacement for displacement eh? :)

Congrats & hope you have many fun & safe rides.

Enjoy ;)

• Like 1

Well I never said it stalls at 5000 rpm, today I went to 8000 on 3rd gear. However mine is less than smooth these vibrations still there but less intense today. Called bigwing today they said shift below 5000 it's too much for a new bike. Wait until it gets over 1000 km. really ? 5k is too much? Also guy said it is expected to have vibrations.

Is there anyone around chiang rai with same bike? I already done 250km lol in 2 days. I will keep an eye on it, by the end of the month I should hit 1000 km when I go in for a service I will ask them to check all that.

Also loserlazer howdo u find suspension on the bumpy road? Mine is quite harsh:(

Well I never said it stalls at 5000 rpm, today I went to 8000 on 3rd gear. However mine is less than smooth these vibrations still there but less intense today. Called bigwing today they said shift below 5000 it's too much for a new bike. Wait until it gets over 1000 km. really ? 5k is too much? Also guy said it is expected to have vibrations.

Bad vibrations over 5000rpm on a brand new bike is expected? Sounds like BS to me. I would take it back, long journey or not.

Is there anyone around chiang rai with same bike? I already done 250km lol in 2 days. I will keep an eye on it, by the end of the month I should hit 1000 km when I go in for a service I will ask them to check all that.

Also loserlazer howdo u find suspension on the bumpy road? Mine is quite harsh:(

I found suspensions quite ok superior. But it depends on people and taste.

I change the oil and oil filter today at 140 km and bike runs well. No disturbing vibrations. Keep in mind though, this is a square twin cylinder not an inline four so of course there will be some vibrations.

They washed the bike after service and they refuse the generous tip in Japanese style as the head of mechanics told me that it is forbidden to take:lol:

Even the toilets have japanese style full electronic ass washers:D

By the way, i can confirm that, cbr500 redlines at 9000 - 9100 rpm definitely.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I change the oil and oil filter today at 140 km and bike runs well. No disturbing vibrations. Keep in mind though, this is a square twin cylinder not an inline four so of course there will be some vibrations.

They washed the bike after service and they refuse the generous tip in Japanese style as the head of mechanics told me that it is forbidden to take:lol:

Where do you live? Btw whats the mileage on yours

Edited by sup3r1or

Sup. If I were you after the about 300km just ride it like you stole it :D

The 250 had similar (and different) problems. But generally if you rode it hard for a few days. Everything was fine.:D

About your vibration. Maybe check chain adjustment. Ensure the rear wheel is in alignment. Also check the oil and Tyre pressure. You never know. This is Thailand :blink:

sent from my Q6

Hey LoserLazer

Did you know your picture is in the December SuperBike Magazine Thailand edition? smile.png

Yaeh i have seen it yesterday.:D first guy to receive a red cbr500 around the world they told me.

Funny really but just to inform everyone, i am the first guy with the card - japanese - on the left:lol:

Mania thanks a lot for making it digital so i can keep it as a memory.

Regards.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 2

Where do you live? Btw whats the mileage on yours

I live in bangkok and now it has passed 220 km.

Some updates:

Tranny is really loud and not as smooth as the one in cbr250 somehow. Clunky and you need to make an effort to shift. It is fine at exact rpms but mostly hard to shift. Similar of kawa tranny i rode on er6f. I need time with it maybe but normally i do not. But it is a honda style positive and reliable tranny. No misshifts and can find neutral like a breeze.

Now i am hearing a whine while revving on 1st and 2nd gears only. It was not there before.

But vibrations factor is still fine. Bike is smooth. Smoother than kawa 650s for sure.

And engine gets hot super fast and does not get cold fast. Especially on traffic. Even some parts of fairings were super hot yesterday on saturday traffic but not the seat god bless! Cooling fan works like a vacuum cleaner. A little loud man.

Superior does your bike get hot fast?

Now can lean more as tires get trusty but could not scratch the pegs yet:lol:

Now bikes accelerates fast and rev quicker. But man, what a torque. From 1300 rpm!

I might put a gear indicator as i forget which gear i am due to the high torque.

I love to ride it!

There is no substitute for displacement clearly.

Edited by loserlazer

Sup. If I were you after the about 300km just ride it like you stole it :D

The 250 had similar (and different) problems. But generally if you rode it hard for a few days. Everything was fine.:D

About your vibration. Maybe check chain adjustment. Ensure the rear wheel is in alignment. Also check the oil and Tyre pressure. You never know. This is Thailand :blink:

sent from my Q6

Better ride it like you stole it from the first km thaicbr:lol:

No need to waste time!

I hope motoman or hard break in is true way!

But do not experienced or heard any problems about it before.

Edited by loserlazer

'Some updates:

Tranny is really loud and not as smooth as the one in cbr250 somehow. Clunky and you need to make an effort to shift. It is fine at exact rpms but mostly hard to shift. Similar of kawa tranny i rode on er6f.'

Strange, all the 650s i have ridden have been super smooth and quiet when shifting..... 1st - 2nd was a little cluncky but that's the case with most bikes.

No problems at all shifting at any road - engine speed, it's no supersport gearbox but i wouldn't compare it to a 'loud & cluncky CBR500 gearbox'.... smile.png

Edited by karlos

'Some updates:

Tranny is really loud and not as smooth as the one in cbr250 somehow. Clunky and you need to make an effort to shift. It is fine at exact rpms but mostly hard to shift. Similar of kawa tranny i rode on er6f.'

Strange, all the 650s i have ridden have been super smooth and quiet when shifting..... 1st - 2nd was a little cluncky but that's the case with most bikes.

No problems at all shifting at any road - engine speed, it's no supersport gearbox but i wouldn't compare it to a 'loud & cluncky CBR500 gearbox'.... smile.png

I hope you rode both bikes before comparing them karlos. Bc i rode both of 'em.

Gearbox is definitely smoother than kawa 650 but similar on first two gears. Clunky and noisy.

Edited by loserlazer