Flood Level Markers - More This Year?

Greenside

I have noticed more of these around this year. Maybe they have re-calibrated them or put in more I don't know, but several new ones seem to have appeared in our area. I guess that they indicate the level at Narawat Bridge (since that's the benchmark in CM) but from memory not all areas that were below the maximum bridge level actually flooded last year so I imagine that some depressions are protected by higher ground which perhaps makes them of rather limited value. ermm.gif

i-RbZc26x-X2.jpg

For those that can read Thai.......

i-2mMnMQ7-XL.jpg

These are new markers put in since the flood of last year. They are all over the area south of the Chiang Mai Gate where there was a lot of flooding. They won't help with flooding but are supposed to give the populace advanced warning on what to expect if you know the level at the Ping River. They recently dredged most if not all of the canals, so you would thing the drainage will be better, and the flooding would be less on that account, making the markers inaccurate, but it was some kind of effort anyway.

re.

The river is well up on last week, anyone keeping an eye on those markers?? How do they compare?

if you mean whats the river level now compared to last week ?

its risen quite a lot in the last six days to yesterday !

pic 1 .. 6 sept 12

pic 2 ..12 sept 12

dave2

ps .. i dont know today coz ive not been down there

post-42592-0-75663500-1347547806_thumb.j

post-42592-0-59894400-1347547928_thumb.j