Thawil Denies Order To Kill Red-Shirts In 2010

webfact

Thawil denies order to kill reds in 2010

PIYANUCH THAMNIKASAETCHAI

THE NATION

30190287-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- There was never an order to shoot down red-shirt protesters in 2010, but security officers had to arm themselves in order to deal with unknown armed men, Thawil Pliensri, secretary of the now-defunct Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) told the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) yesterday.

Thawil, who was also former secretary of the National Security Council (NSC), said CRES and the government had followed the law and did not use force to disperse red-shirt protesters on May 19, 2010. He said they had only asked the protesters to vacate the Ratchaprasong intersection in order to make way for traffic. He insisted that it was the red-shirt leaders who had decided to disperse the crowds.

He also called on the DSI to deal with the case honestly and not be influenced by the current Pheu Thai government.

"I did not have problems speaking to investigators because all the information offered was factual," he said. "Though I worked with the political side, I was there to serve the people. Security officers were threatened and disturbances occurred between March 12 and May 19, 2010, which was a long period and affected people's livelihoods. We must admit that security officers had to carry weapons because an unknown armed group was ready to attack at all times, especially at night. As for the atmosphere of interrogation, investigators were not sweet with me because they needed to gather data."

The interrogation will likely continue today as Thawil was only questioned for three hours about the inception of CRES and events in March 2010. The topic of the armed "men in black" was not touched upon.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-13

There was never an order to shoot down red-shirt protesters .................

Thawil, who was also former secretary of the National Security Council (NSC), said CRES and the government had followed the law and did not use force to disperse red-shirt protesters on May 19, 2010. He said they had only asked the protesters to vacate the Ratchaprasong intersection in order to make way for traffic. He insisted that it was the red-shirt leaders who had decided to disperse the crowds.

Exactly!

What is needed is an a-political investigation, the investigators should put aside any political alegances and simply seek the truth, not allow themselves to be swayed by any influence from any political faction, then we may be able to have some hope of the true facts being presented.

I am sure the red spin doctors are about to jump in soon and misuse these atrocities for their political Thaksin's stained agenda! Pathetic.

KireB,

Kettle = black.... and, UNKNOWN men in black... Thank Newin for that faction - speaking of spin doctors.

GenJim,

Yes, the Red shirt leaders ordered their own shot and killed.... blink.pngwhistling.gif

I am sure the red spin doctors are about to jump in soon and misuse these atrocities for their political Thaksin's stained agenda! Pathetic.

KireB,

Kettle = black.... and, UNKNOWN men in black... Thank Newin for that faction - speaking of spin doctors.

GenJim,

Yes, the Red shirt leaders ordered their own shot and killed.... blink.pngwhistling.gif

I thought the Men In Black come from the same jungle Thida came from.

So this governement is not interested to find out who killed their officials and who are the Men In Black. blink.pngwhistling.gif

Strange don't you think so.

Edited by Nickymaster

KireB,

GenJim,

I thought the Men In Black come from the same jungle Thida came from.

So this governement is not interested to find out who killed their officials and who are the Men In Black. blink.pngwhistling.gif

Strange don't you think so.

AV's govt did do much to reveal who the MIBlack were tho' they accused them of being red shirt "guards".

For those who always wondered how to recognize a terrorist before shooting here an interesting article

"Feds Warn of Zombie Apocalypse! Buy emergency kit, but you might be a terrorist if...

Homeland Security warned, "The zombies are coming!" FEMA says get your emergency preparedness kit ready, but the LAPD adopted 15 of the DOJ's ridiculous lists regarding 'Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities.' The question morphs from how will we survive the zombie apocalypse, to how will we prepare an emergency kit without such "suspicious behaviors" and buying activities flagging us as potential domestic terrorists?

By Ms. Smith on Sun, 09/09/12 - 2:16pm."

http://www.networkwo...be-terrorist-if

For those who always wondered how to recognize a terrorist before shooting here an interesting article

"Feds Warn of Zombie Apocalypse! Buy emergency kit, but you might be a terrorist if...

Homeland Security warned, "The zombies are coming!" FEMA says get your emergency preparedness kit ready, but the LAPD adopted 15 of the DOJ's ridiculous lists regarding 'Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities.' The question morphs from how will we survive the zombie apocalypse, to how will we prepare an emergency kit without such "suspicious behaviors" and buying activities flagging us as potential domestic terrorists?

Meanwhile back on topic on the thread which is entitled "Traffic Control for Extreme Governments"

• Like 1

The thread is about denial - and the point is? Stop trying to drag up rubbish - who gives a dam_n who ordered what and who shot who. If Reds had not laid siege to Bangkok there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight. I have NO sympathy for the Reds or motor mouth stage idiots. This is soooo constantly boring and it achieves absolutely nothing. Stop wasting taxpayers money and get on with solving important issues like corruption, or is this all making you too busy to handle that?

The thread is about denial - and the point is? Stop trying to drag up rubbish - who gives a dam_n who ordered what and who shot who. If Reds had not laid siege to Bangkok there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight. I have NO sympathy for the Reds or motor mouth stage idiots. This is soooo constantly boring and it achieves absolutely nothing. Stop wasting taxpayers money and get on with solving important issues like corruption, or is this all making you too busy to handle that?

If there were no Yellow Shirts there would be no Red Shirts, if the Yellow Shirts were properly dealt with originally etc...

• Like 1

He also called on the DSI to deal with the case honestly and not be influenced by the current Pheu Thai government.

Says it all really...

as long as you looked at the DSI in the same way when the dems were in power, then you can make that statement fairly.

not saying you didn't do just that btw!! just putting that thought out there for you.

He said they had only asked the protesters to vacate the Ratchaprasong intersection in order to make way for traffic.

Correct. Mark & Suthep said the same.

you could imagine him saying, gosh why can't they just have their stupid little protest in klong toey instead.

edit: i know they made a half hearted effort to do this when it was all over btw

Edited by nurofiend

If Reds had not laid siege to Bangkok there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight. I have NO sympathy for the Reds or motor mouth stage idiots.

If Reds Dems & Army had not laid siege to Bangkok the democratic process there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight.

If there were no Yellow Shirts there would be no Red Shirts, if the Yellow Shirts were properly dealt with originally etc...

If the violence of the Red Shirts which started it all in July 2007 had been properly dealt with originally, then...

can't be that boring if it moved you to post your vitriole.

If Reds had not laid siege to Bangkok there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight. I have NO sympathy for the Reds or motor mouth stage idiots.

If Reds Dems & Army had not laid siege to Bangkok the democratic process there would be no deaths, no phantom men in black, no question of rubber bullets, no orders to do what had to be done and no setting Bangkok alight.

If Adam had been more careful with his ribs ...rolleyes.gif

(PS some red coloured text reset to default black)

Meanwhile back on topic on the thread which is entitled "Traffic Control for Extreme Governments"

The government run out of patience and ordered the military to open up the streets again. Mind you for traffic control, you first need to clear the streets to allow traffic againwink.png

We also still had this afterwards:

"Thousands of volunteers, including hundreds of high school students, descended on the commercial district with brooms and garbage bags, carting away refuse and scrubbing graffiti off the walls"

People were warned not to touch any suspicious package / article but to mark it and call a supervisor, just in case.

No one with a brain would order some to intentional kill another but do not hesitate to defend yourself on the other hand is good advice, I went to the hospital , this group envaded, a couple of times and they were a dangerous mob believe it or not sharpen bamboo stakes will kill you. I felt sorry for the patients as they had to listen to the endless music and political speeches into the night. These people had no consideration for the rights nor the safety of others.

Are we talking Yingluck and PTP?