Water Shortages....are Upon Us!

pluto_manibo

I have noticed many water trucks delivering water around the Moo bans in and around Pattaya, normally the water truck parade doesn't start untill mid-march but unfortunately this year, they started around mid-january. There was also a notice today in my housing estate, that water will be cut from 11 pm-5 am, from now untill further notice. Yet, there is no news or notice for Pattaya residents to ration water. I am afraid it is going to be a very dry year..... :o

I have noticed many water trucks delivering water around the Moo bans in and around Pattaya, normally the water truck parade doesn't start untill mid-march but unfortunately this year, they started around mid-january. There was also a notice today in my housing estate, that water will be cut from 11 pm-5 am, from now untill further notice. Yet, there is no news or notice for Pattaya residents to ration water. I am afraid it is going to be a very dry year..... :o

For once Pattaya council are actualy using forward thinking.

Rationing water now will enable us all to have plenty to throw for this years extended Songkran Festival, roll on April :D

I live "On the Hill" just off Pratamnak Road.

We have had a month of no daytime mains water . Last week we had 7 days with no mains water whatsoever and had to call out the tanker to refill our very large tank.

In the last week we have had several days with mains water during the day...luxury.

Given that Thais never think ahead, I think that the reservoirs must be disasterously empty already.

I live off Soi Country Club and we have been without mains water for about 6 days now, apart from very low pressure (not enough to operate the shower) on a few occasions.

No explanation notices in our village, but a Thai neighbor told my wife that there had been a failure in the large water pipe bringing the water into our area in Banglamung.

Hope it doesn’t take another six days to fix it. :o

Also over the last month or so we had had many other periods of rationed water a few times a week, but generally full pressure back at night.

Thinking that it is time to invest in a large tank and pump.

Mike.

I really don't think the water has been tationed. their are many leaks that spring up especially around the siam country club area. I have a pump, and an 800 litre tank. Without the pump pressure is low. the reason is leaks, but the water dept will not address this problem until the leak gets so bad that you no longer have water.

Barry