Uk Army Sevice Plaques

techno

A friend of mine was in the British Army for 27 years but last year he passed away and l am storing about 15 plaques that he received whilst serving overseas. He has family in the UK but they are not interested in the plaques and because of the cost to ship them back to the UK. Do any TV members know what l can do with the army plaques as l do not want them and would prefer them to go to a good home free of charge and will be appreciated and taken care of.Many thanks

Edited by techno

The people you need to speak to on this is the Royal British Legion, and they are represented here in Chiangmai. Their primary concern is for the welfare of ex service men's families. I'm sure they can help in the placement of these plaques one way or another.

The people you need to speak to on this is the Royal British Legion, and they are represented here in Chiangmai. Their primary concern is for the welfare of ex service men's families. I'm sure they can help in the placement of these plaques one way or another.

I will contact Pedr at the Olde Bell where the Chiang Mai British Legion are based. Many thanks for your thoughts

I will contact Pedr at the Olde Bell where the Chiang Mai British Legion are based. Many thanks for your thoughts

The Olde Bell has nothing to do with the British Legion! I have passed the details of this thread onto the president of the Legion in Chiangmai, and he will contact you personally.