Thai Police Applicants Told They Cannot Have Genital Implants

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where else in the world has this problem? As if Thai police don't have enough to be embarrassed about...

Try Japan; earlier this year the Governor of Osaka started "inspections" of all public servants. Any found to have a tattoo (no matter where on their body, visible to the general public or not) face the stark choice of have the tattoo removed or resign.

Presumably, physical and emotional stability should be a requirement. I have still not found some sound reason for getting tattoos. Why would someone's body and skin not be adequate enough. So perhaps emotional stability could be in question here. Perhaps in the same fashion as women dying their hair red, or blue for that matter...

I mean really!!!! They are worried about implants???? What about tea money, which is a nice way of saying CORRUPTION. What about their inability to enforce the law. And their inability to follow the laws of this country. The situation in this country is a total joke. Priorities????? What priorities!

Hey relax.

If the type of corruption in Thailand was so bad, Thai people would not be agreeing to it in majority. This tea money is exchanged basically to keep a blind eye on small problems. Some gambling activities are allowed with some tea money, as well as for selling pirated DVD movies for example. No thai victims are complaining, only millionaires in Hollywood.

Police in Thailand do not get a very good salary. And the police service do not provide radars for example, or police cruisers. Policemen have no incentive to purchase that on their own.

There is no joke about it.

Many farangs accept this as a fact, and live by it, ans in many instances, prefer it to the way of life in their own countries.

• Like 2

I can see some logic to this, there is a group of people in Thailand that are career criminals who I would prefer werent police, you can distinglish these people by their tatoos and penis implants, not to mention violent and intimidating behaviour, if you spend any time in Thai jails its easy to regonise them

• Like 1

Where else in the world has this problem? As if Thai police don't have enough to be embarrassed about...

Try Japan; earlier this year the Governor of Osaka started "inspections" of all public servants. Any found to have a tattoo (no matter where on their body, visible to the general public or not) face the stark choice of have the tattoo removed or resign.

To be fair aren't tattoos in Japan a Yakuza trait; traditionally the only Japanese with tattoos were the Yakuza; Mafia?

A good mate of mine has been working in Tokyo for a few years now and was really surprised by the overtly negative responses to his "body art". In contrast tattoos in Thailand are actually very popular and quite fashionable for some groups... they are no longer solely the realm of the bar girl.

As far as preventing anyone stupid enough to inject paraffin or olive oil into their penis from becoming a policeman, well fair play, it's direct proof of complete stupidity let alone an inferiority complex!