Where Can I Sell My Uk Iphone 4 In Pattaya?

TheShockMaster

I've moved over to Pattaya with an iPhone 4 locked to the UK O2 network (it's legit, not stolen) and I'd rather sell it and get a cheap phone and Thai sim than bother with unlocking or using a Gevy sim (that's another story, in another thread so let's not go into that in this post).

Is there anywhere in Pattaya that buy iPhone 4's? It's a 64GB black model, cracked on the back but it works perfectly. I've read that there's a Cash Convertors in Pattaya but what are the selling rules and regulations etc.

Thanks.

Edited by CalzoHoudini

There are no rules and regulations, you just sell it and they give you baht. If you have a computer or laptop it is pretty easy to unlock yourself with a program called redsn0w. It is all automated pretty much unless you have updated your phone to a point where it cannot be unlocked that way yet. I doubt you will get much for it if you sell it a shop as it is damaged, old, locked and they want their profit as well.

There are no rules and regulations, you just sell it and they give you baht. If you have a computer or laptop it is pretty easy to unlock yourself with a program called redsn0w. It is all automated pretty much unless you have updated your phone to a point where it cannot be unlocked that way yet. I doubt you will get much for it if you sell it a shop as it is damaged, old, locked and they want their profit as well.

Yes, I have attempted to unlock both iPhones myself but the Firmware is beyond that, hence the Gevy sim also won't work. Thanks for replying though.

I don't know why "redsn0w" wouldn't work to both unlock and jailbreak it like one poster said?

Cash converters world wide in now closed and ironically the owner lives here on the dark side.

tukcom won't give you much at all especially if it is cracked on the back...just buying power for them however sure you can sell it there.

Like one said try the classifieds here or: www.bahtsold.com or even craigslist.

Even paying the 6000 baht might be cheaper then giving it away and having to buy new as the 4gs are new iPhones

The 64g goes for 28,000 baht so maybe easier to pay to have it unlocked if you can't use "redsn0w" or "absinthe" Both of which you just download on your computer to unlock and jailbreak... And no, jailbreaking is NOT illegal.

I don't know why "redsn0w" wouldn't work to both unlock and jailbreak it like one poster said?

Cash converters world wide in now closed and ironically the owner lives here on the dark side.

tukcom won't give you much at all especially if it is cracked on the back...just buying power for them however sure you can sell it there.

Even paying the 6000 baht might be cheaper then giving it away and having to buy new as the 4gs are new iPhones

The 64g goes for 28,000 baht so maybe easier to pay to have it unlocked if you can't use "redsn0w" or "absinthe" Both of which you just download on your computer to unlock and jailbreak... And no, jailbreaking is NOT illegal.

If he has updated the firmware to one that is not jailbreakable then he may not be able to.

Can you please post what version you are on? My 4s is 5.1.1 (9B206) you will find this in the settings - general - about section.

If he has updated the firmware to one that is not jailbreakable then he may not be able to.

Can you please post what version you are on? My 4s is 5.1.1 (9B206) you will find this in the settings - general - about section.

The phone is also on 5.1.1 (9B206) and a Gevy sim won't work. I'm taking along to Tukcom today to see if they are interested in buying it.