Thai Airways To Hire Flight Attendants Up To Age 60

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can see flying Thai airways most of the business class air hostesses are already close to 60 years old ( I mean that sincerely, not being funny) . Older air hostesses also tend to be ruder and provide poorer service than young keen hotter ones.

"poorer service" Well, apart from serving you the grub and alcohol, what else do you excpect, cuddling and exchanging phone-numbers with the younger ones? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

IMHO it is a regretable decision and one which will bite them in the ass.

Thai has already become a very so-so airline and in no departments (read areas) can compare or compete with SIA which sells it service on two things

namely the average age of their aircraft (2 years) and their iconic Singapore Girl.

If you want to be served by a fat a** old cabin attendent fly ANZ or Qantas and now Thai are joining them.

But they know the rules when they accept their employment contracts.

OK, people have the right to expect reasonable terms of employment but you don't see any old crones on the fashion catwalks of the world.

Edited by johnlandy

I am all for this change in the retirement age of air hostesses. Older ladies are usually more caring, so it will increase the quality of service. It will also increase passenger safety as the trolley-dollies are only interested in keeping the pilots busy all night during their overnight stop-overs. I have been told about cases of totally over-tired pilots suffering also from hangovers flying their planes back home.

If it means, that the sex tourists will have to wait a little bit longer before groping the targets of their dreams in Pattaya, where they have just celebrated the female condoms, who cares?

Hooray for old people!

Maybe this will set a precedent against age discrimination in other fields.

I'd rather have a young fit bird serving me coffee if I was honest. But the most important things for me is that they know what they're doing and I'm as safe as possible.

Turkey or condor?

Recently United Airlines Ron Akana retired at the age of 83, I personally would have loved to have flown a sector with him. I think the bidding process based on seniority is out of date, that's why you end up with a very senior crew especially on long haul flights, give me a balance of experience & gender and I'm happy.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1837389.html

Then on what basis would you handle the bidding process?

I feel this is not a good decision. The job of a flight attendant is demanding and requires high energy. I've seen with so many USA airlines how poor the service is with the older attendants.

I agree. Especially on the American airlines, the attendants all seem bitter and tired. Even the young male ones are already bitter and sullen. On a recent United Airlines flight, I was suffering from a migraine, and felt about to puke, when I asked them for an aspirin, and was told they didn't have any. I know they are not doctors or nurses, but I don't think it would kill them to dispense an aspirin.

Against all airlines rules to give out aspirin.

I have had flight attendants on several american carriers whose rear ends had gotten so big that they literally waddled up the aisle and could not squeeze past the carts...just not sure that would be a great "asset" during an emergency to have an attendant that blocks the entire aisle.

Many flight attendants are courteous and friendly no matter what age....others are cranky and grumpy and obviously seem to hate the passengers and see them as a necessary evil. Unfortunately it seems that you get a lot of the older grumpy cranky ones on american carriers....no doubt many of them have seen and heard it all but when it gets to the point that you really do appear to simply not like your job or your customers maybe it is in everyone's best interest that you find another job rather than just hold on for a pension or more seniority?

I think this is a good idea for Thai Air. If all the old "ladies" are employed by Thai Air the younger ones who are stunningly attractive can be hired by Qatar and other good quality airlines. As I never fly Thai (tried them once) this is a great arrangement.

I fly business with Qatar every time now, and am very happily served by an array of very attractive young ladies who are very attentive and give great service. I am sure that they have all the skills necessary to open doors and give instructions - should the need arise if any of us are still alive after a crash. But forget the crash scenario, as hopefully most of us in business class will be full of good food and champagne and enjoying the ride down to oblivion gazing at the beautiful flight attendants. Just imagine the same ride down with a 59 year old 'knuckle dragger' for company!!

To be in the company of very attractive (and often beautiful) ladies when flying is part of the pleasure.

• Like 1

What's the matter? Young hi-sos in short supply these days? sad.png

I think they've been picked-up by Farangs, you can read it on the forum quite often. smile.png

O come now! A Thai Hi-So wouldn't be seen dead with a farang, unless of course, he was/is a merchant banker!whistling.gif

IMHO it is a regretable decision and one which will bite them in the ass.

Thai has already become a very so-so airline and in no departments (read areas) can compare or compete with SIA which sells it service on two things

namely the average age of their aircraft (2 years) and their iconic Singapore Girl.

If you want to be served by a fat a** old cabin attendent fly ANZ or Qantas and now Thai are joining them.

But they know the rules when they accept their employment contracts.

OK, people have the right to expect reasonable terms of employment but you don't see any old crones on the fashion catwalks of the world.

see here:

http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Singapore%20Airlines.htm

And that makes the rest of you post... void.

Hooray for old people!

I'd rather have a young fit bird serving me coffee if I was honest. But the most important things for me is that they know what they're doing and I'm as safe as possible.

"I'd rather have a young fit bird serving me coffee" - don't fly Quantas then cheesy.gif

What's the matter? Young hi-sos in short supply these days? sad.png

I think they've been picked-up by Farangs, you can read it on the forum quite often. smile.png

O come now! A Thai Hi-So wouldn't be seen dead with a farang, unless of course, he was/is a merchant banker!whistling.gif

Are you telling me that forum members are lying about their Hi-So wifes/gf's? I'm shocked.

Hooray for old people!

"I'd rather have a young fit bird serving me coffee" - don't fly Quantas then cheesy.gif

Or American Airlines. sad.png

It fine to remove the discrimination against age for THAI flight attendants, but they should also remove other discriminatory barriers. It's tough for an older Thai woman to keep her weight down -- so the limits should be age 60 and weight 120 kg. Then they will have a fine surly crew like so many other national air.lines

Edited by tigermonkey