Thai Airways To Hire Flight Attendants Up To Age 60

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray for old people!

Maybe this will set a precedent against age discrimination in other fields.

I'd rather have a young fit bird serving me coffee if I was honest. But the most important things for me is that they know what they're doing and I'm as safe as possible.

Qantas have been employing older flight attendants for years and its a good thing. sure I too would prefer a pretty blonde girl serving me but its good to see the older comunity being given a fair go for a change.

I'm well past it..... at 70. Good to see the younger generation given this chance-really. will the zimmer frames be an problem if passengers had to get off quickly?? also taking an order from a passenger would they remember who it was for ?? Anyway good luck to them, Some of them could have had experience serving on the D.C. 4's even.

The best solution is for International Airports in the Western worlds to inforce the laws that they make us obide by which would mean that Thai Airways would also have to hire blacks.

That would make me laugh if they weren't able to land because of their racist policies. ...even though I do like their flight attendents.

How Thai have come up with the age of 60 ??? my guess is that 3 is a lucky number and using that number x the average age of the aircraft they use on European routes. ( near past sell by dated Jumbo's)

Probably because it is the defacto senior citizen age in Thailand from everything from discounts to receiving government retirement income.

Edited by Nisa

The service on American carriers is utter crap. They should all be subject to service evaluations and fired if they don't pass muster, irregardless of age. Just paid 20% more for tix on an Asian carrier, even though United was $200 cheaper per ticket. Voting with my wallet. United crews, the angriest people in the air.

HAHA! What's the defn. of hi-so? Simply "not BG?"

What's the matter? Young hi-sos in short supply these days? sad.png

I think they've been picked-up by Farangs, you can read it on the forum quite often. smile.png

Hi-sos don't become flight attendants; they travel at LEAST business class.

rolleyes.gif

You'll be surprised how many hi-so kids joined TG to see the world in the 80's. They're still there because of the perks. Working was never part of their equation though. :(

How Thai have come up with the age of 60 ??? my guess is that 3 is a lucky number and using that number x the average age of the aircraft they use on European routes. ( near past sell by dated Jumbo's)

Probably because it is the defacto senior citizen age in Thailand from everything from discounts to receiving government retirement income.

I was aware of the fact of the Big 60 age in Thailand, and would not knock the elderly, I frequently help a health and environment officer (friend) in her project work for the disabled and elderly, I was in fact having a dig at the Thai Airways aged aircraft on Euopean routes, so the age thing is within keeping with their aircraft age policy. I use Thai domestic only (R-Orchid member) because of newer aircraft. and the price is good value. On Principle I will not Pay high price for flying in old -non updated aircraft.