What Is The Best Dslr Camera Out There Right Now?

Due to the question (best DSLR with an expected price under $2,000) I'm not sure the OP should be buying a DSLR!. Check out micro 4/3rds or even a decent compact such as Canon S100. If you must have a DSLR, I'm happy with a Canon 60D with a 15-85 'everyday' lens, but, that is after 30 years of using an A1. Nixon will have an equivalent. The Canon 650D looks good value IMHO if you shoot video.

There is an old saying and it applies especially to Photography. It's not the bow, it's the indian. That basically means that all the major camera manufacturers, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus have excellent starting DSLR systems that will do the job. Just do your research but do not dwell on it too much and buy what is compatible to your budget and shoot, shoot and shoot. In the end the most important thing to learn in the digital era is, Photoshop! I am a Professional photographer for many years and just a bit of advice for the newbies.

There is an old saying and it applies especially to Photography. It's not the bow, it's the indian. That basically means that all the major camera manufacturers, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus have excellent starting DSLR systems that will do the job. Just do your research but do not dwell on it too much and buy what is compatible to your budget and shoot, shoot and shoot. In the end the most important thing to learn in the digital era is, Photoshop! I am a Professional photographer for many years and just a bit of advice for the newbies.

Lightroom does it!

Also, the best lenses are nit necessarily the most expensive. Had great experience with Tamron.

Due to the question (best DSLR with an expected price under $2,000) I'm not sure the OP should be buying a DSLR!. Check out micro 4/3rds or even a decent compact such as Canon S100. If you must have a DSLR, I'm happy with a Canon 60D with a 15-85 'everyday' lens, but, that is after 30 years of using an A1. Nixon will have an equivalent. The Canon 650D looks good value IMHO if you shoot video.

I would give that advice to anyone asking about what DSLR to buy. Except in a few cases, there are more appropriate options.

Incidentally, the new EOS-M camera has the same guts as the 650D. With an adaptor it will take the same lenses too.