Double Re-Entry For 2000 Baht, Why For Only 3 Months?

First off, do I need to leave the country and pay for a visa in laos or cambodia before being stamped back in for re-entry in Thailand? What is the advantage of having a the double re-entry tourist visa? I still must pay for the visa in a neighboring country right?

I guess not having to stay the night and wait for the new visa is the only advantage right?

You have to be stamped out of Thailand and enter another country which may require a visa for that country before returning to Thailand. It is the same for any visa that has more than one entry allowed or simply crossing the border and returning for a visa exempt entry.

The 90 day validity (not 3 months) is just the policy of all nearby Embassies and consulates. It appears to be done as a deterrent for people that stay long term in Thailand on tourist visas.

Getting a proper visa every six months is a lot better than making border runs every 2 weeks.

Edited by ubonjoe

You have to be stamped out of Thailand and enter another country which may require a visa for that country before returning to Thailand. It is the same for any visa that has more than one entry allowed or simply crossing the border and returning for a visa exempt entry.

The 90 day validity (not 3 months) is just the policy of all nearby Embassies and consulates. It appears to be done as a deterrent for people that stay long term in Thailand on tourist visas.

Getting a proper visa every six months is a lot better than making border runs every 2 weeks.

So I am confused, sorry but thanks for the help. I paid 2000 baht for a double re entry visa in Laos and they put 2 dates on my passport. On the actual thai tourist visa it says must enter thailand before october 30th but the other stamp says its good until september 30th this year? SO when do I actually need to get out????? thanks

Your permission to stay ends on 30th Sept.

You can get a 30 day extension from Thai Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

You will then have to exit and return before Oct. 30th to get another 60 days.

This can also be extended by 30 days at Immigration.

SO if I dont want to pay the 1900 baht for a month extension and If I leave to Cambodia and come back again on september 30th for re entry will they give me the extra 2 months for leaving and re entering the country without going to any consulate? Thanks again!

Yes, you get two month after re entry to Thailand after you go out, if you have a Two Entry Visa!

No need to go to any Consular section.

But, the re entry, must be before 30th of October.

If you want to save the Visa costs for Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia, you can only go to the Malaysian border and exit Thailand there,

no costs for a Visa than, but the trip will be more expensive and very far.

Or you find a cheap flight and fly a One day, Out and In flight from TH to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

As I said, no Visa costs there, but the flight, including return, with a Budget Airline, Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Jet Airways,

will set you back about 3.500 - 5.000 Baht.

Edited by ALFREDO

Your permission to stay ends on 30th Sept.

You can get a 30 day extension from Thai Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

You will then have to exit and return before Oct. 30th to get another 60 days.

This can also be extended by 30 days at Immigration.

Yes it depends on your visa. It will expire same time as your visa