Army Behind Thai Protest Death: Inquest

Lite Beer

- deleted for quote limits -

Meaning what ??

Are you banned?

just hasn't drawn the lucky number yet...

But it sounds almost as if you would welcome having a monolithic "ditto"-based debating environment on TVF. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, did you pick up on your reading error already?

"But it sounds almost as if you would welcome having a monolithic "ditto"-based debating environment on TVF. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong"

I don't know. Just don't have much in common with people that support terrorism and criminals. Therefore you might get the impression that I only prefer to talk to people with some common sense.

Who are you to make a comment on an issue concerning my post?

I have challenged you numerous times in other topics but you always disappeared.

"Who are you to make a comment on an issue concerning my post?"

I guess I am somebody who can read a blatantly obvious post asking "why don't you get banned, too?" and then make a comment on it.

"Just don't have much in common with people that support terrorism and criminals."

That makes two of us.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some accountability ??

These are disciplined forces with officers present,have rules of engagement,are supposed to be upholding the principles ( nearly misspelled that ) of Thai society, there is a chain of command in place, the rule of law exists and they have a duty of care to the citizens of Thailand.

Responsibility and all that..........

You must be talking about a different Thailand. "Disciplined forces"????

But that doesn't reduce the responsibility of some of the red shirts.

Interesting that you posit that the Royal Thai Army is not a well disciplined force........

Why is that interesting? Do you think that they are?

How are the red shirts responsible for an innocent civilian getting shot by the military?

They aren't specifically responsible for this civilian getting shot. That doesn't stop them for being responsible for other deaths (either directly or indirectly).

These are disciplined forces with officers present,have rules of engagement,are supposed to be upholding the principles ( nearly misspelled that ) of Thai society, there is a chain of command in place, the rule of law exists and they have a duty of care to the citizens of Thailand.

Interesting that you posit that the Royal Thai Army is not a well disciplined force........

probably because it's pretty much admitting that they were the likely killers of the unarmed protesters & civilians.

but that's just my suggestion of what phil possibly meant.

Edited by nurofiend

Good question WB,

"You must be talking about a different Thailand. "Disciplined forces"????"

Is what you said.

How are the red shirts responsible for an innocent civilian getting shot by the military?

They aren't specifically responsible for this civilian getting shot. That doesn't stop them for being responsible for other deaths (either directly or indirectly).

so you are agreeing with the sentiment of the question then, nice to see.

• Like 1

welcome back, bucholze and we missed you.

blink.png

Welcome back? I haven't gone anywhere.

43 corrections later and it's still B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z

just wondering, rubl like in my wonderings, if you can substantiate your earlier remark.

I guess not.

How do you know that the double H is the grammatically correct form, it's not actually your name, is it ??

My name is Philip, and it can be spelt single l or double l, without controversy or offence.

Think of it as endearing.

Anyway, back to subject, what are the likely verdicts of the pending court decisions and how could that adversely impact AV and co ??

Edited by philw

It's nice to see that you're agreeing with the sentiment of my statements too. thumbsup.gif

It's nice to see that you're agreeing with the sentiment of my statements too. thumbsup.gif

where are you seeing that?

• Like 1

blink.png

just wondering, rubl like in my wonderings, if you can substantiate your earlier remark.

I guess not.

How do you know that the double H is the grammatically correct form ??

My name is Philip, can be spelt single l or double l, without controversy or offence.

Sounds better than.......no no that wouldn't be nice.....B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z deserves his proper title as he wishes to see it

The same place that you're seeing that I am agreeing with the sentiment of Tom's question ... whatever the sentiment of his question is...

The same place that you're seeing that I am agreeing with the sentiment of Tom's question ... whatever the sentiment of his question is...

mine made sense, yours didn't.

nothing new.

mine made sense, yours didn't.

nothing new.

In your mind only ...

blink.png

Seem like you've never been away B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z

I go away all the time, but not today, which made the remark rather odd, but... oh well.

Another good point. Let me try to answer:

Uuhhh...by creating a dangerous environment without law and order... ? They do carry some responsibility don't you think so.

Please allow me to ask you 1 question. Which department is in charge of law and order in this country?

Under an SOE, the military is in charge.

Trying to make the red shirts responsible for the military's mistakes is like making your wife responsible for your infidelity.

And why was there, eventually, an SOE?

Correct! Because the police couldn't/wouldn't uphold law and order. If they would have done their job an SOE wouldn't have been necessary.

Edited by Nickymaster

blink.png

How do you know that the double H is the grammatically correct form, it's not actually your name, is it ??

My name is Philip, and it can be spelt single l or double l, without controversy or offence.

How do I know if I spelled my chosen nick correctly? :huh:

uhmm... because it is how I chose the spelling.

It's coincidentally how the person in my avatar spells his name.

Maybe you should learn how to read.

The court acknowledged that there had been conflicts between the testimony of civilian and army witnesses to the event.

Military personnel said the van driver ignored instructions to stop and soldiers opened fire because of fears over a potential car bomb.

In his testimony to the court, the van driver said he had been dropping off guests at a hotel in the Thai capital and had got lost trying to get home.

When he got lost he was suddenly driving into a millitary checkpoint.... during a period when there was total anarchy in bangkok and many soldiers had already been attacked and killed.

Seems like you need the reading lessons 'master'!

"Phan Kamkong, 43, was caught in a volley of gunfire when he ran out of a central Bangkok apartment block to see what was happening after hearing soldiers open fire at a minibus" Phan had not been driving the van and did nothing more incriminating than coming outside to see what was going on...if not murder definitely manslaughter!

Yes you are right I was wrong. Philw read the correct thing.

Refreshing, sir. An appreciated gesture that statement.

Thanks birdpooguava . Better than disappearing, isn't it?

blink.png

I guess not.

How do you know that the double H is the grammatically correct form ??

My name is Philip, can be spelt single l or double l, without controversy or offence.

Sounds better than.......no no that wouldn't be nice.....B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z deserves his proper title as he wishes to see it

Thanks. Buchholz is fine. It's only 8 letters and hopefully not too difficult for most to master. Although it seems it takes around ten posts just to get to that point.

Perhaps now it finally will.

Are you banned?

just hasn't drawn the lucky number yet...

But it sounds almost as if you would welcome having a monolithic "ditto"-based debating environment on TVF. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, did you pick up on your reading error already?

"But it sounds almost as if you would welcome having a monolithic "ditto"-based debating environment on TVF. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong"

I don't know. Just don't have much in common with people that support terrorism and criminals. Therefore you might get the impression that I only prefer to talk to people with some common sense.

Who are you to make a comment on an issue concerning my post?

I have challenged you numerous times in other topics but you always disappeared.

"Who are you to make a comment on an issue concerning my post?"

I guess I am somebody who can read a blatantly obvious post asking "why don't you get banned, too?" and then make a comment on it.

"Just don't have much in common with people that support terrorism and criminals."

That makes two of us.

"I guess I am somebody who can read a blatantly obvious post asking "why don't you get banned, too?" and then make a comment on it"

You are really too smart.

I was honestly making a joke. I didn't expect him to get banned twice within a short period of time. I was really expecting him to jump into this topic.

Edited by Nickymaster

Philw. I see you still sniping away with your one liners, without ever letting people know what you would have done to get these people off the streets. People who were paralysing the city, people who invaded a hospital, people who eventually, after being let down by their leaders, set fire to the Mall they said they were occupying. People who had listened to their leaders talking up petrol bombs. People who were infiltrated by organised para military gangs. People who were told time and time again that their gathering was illegal. People who expressed a wish for early elections, which were granted, only for their so called leaders to turn down that concession. If they had gone home when their demands were met, there woud have been very few deaths. I asked you twice on another thread what you would have done to bring it to a peaceful conclusion, you didn't answer. I think you don't have any answer, you just troll these riot threads and get your kicks out of peopes outrage. A veritable keyboard warrior if ever there was one

• Like 1

Philw. I see you still sniping away with your one liners, without ever letting people know what you would have done to get these people off the streets. People who were paralysing the city, people who invaded a hospital, people who eventually, after being let down by their leaders, set fire to the Mall they said they were occupying. People who had listened to their leaders talking up petrol bombs. People who were infiltrated by organised para military gangs. People who were told time and time again that their gathering was illegal. People who expressed a wish for early elections, which were granted, only for their so called leaders to turn down that concession. If they had gone home when their demands were met, there woud have been very few deaths. I asked you twice on another thread what you would have done to bring it to a peaceful conclusion, you didn't answer. I think you don't have any answer, you just troll these riot threads and get your kicks out of peopes outrage. A veritable keyboard warrior if ever there was one

AV should have stepped down with his tail between his legs as soon as he realised the outrage at his and others' actions of perverting democracy. The protests were more than justified in response to the blatant act of stealing the electorate's mandate.

AV used the military to get power and then, once the people couldn't stand to have his lying, deceitful backside wrongly in the PM's seat, he used them again to shoot the people.

It is obvious where the blame lies.

• Like 1

2010 POLITICAL VIOLENCE

Criminal Court rules taxi driver killed by troops

The Nation

30190539-01_big.jpg2

Nittaya, daughter of Kam weeps during an interview before the court delivers the verdict.//Photo : Watcharachai Klaipong

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court Monday ruled that a taxi driver was shot dead by troops deployed to tighten security around Rajprasong Intesection in May 2010.

Phan Khamkong was shot dead between 12.05am and 1am on May 16. He was shot in the left chest and the bullet also pierced his right arm.

The court ruled that troops who were carrying out the operation fired at a van driven by Samorn Maithong when it was trying to break through the security checkpoint of troops in the Rajprasong.

Phan was shot by .223 bullet, which was a type of ammunition used by Army troops.

The court ruled that he was killed as a result of the security keeping operations ordered by the Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situation.

The case of Phan's death was the first of 19 deaths arising from the 2010 political violence sent to the court by public prosecutors.

Public prosecutors told the court that Phan went to rent his taxi to drive in Wat Saket area on May 14.

At 8pm on May 15, Phan called his daughter to day that he was hiding at a condominium construction site in Rajprarop. This was the last time his daughter heard from him.

The Department of Special Investigation have yet to prove whether troops in the area shot at Phan on their own or were simply carrying out an unlawful order. If carrying out an order, they would not be held responsible. Legal action would be taken against those who gave the order.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-17

Well it is indeed a perplexing article. The only thing we know for sure is he sas killed and the weapon used was a milatary one. The article goes on to say

"The court ruled that troops who were carrying out the operation fired at a van driven by Samorn Maithong when it was trying to break through the security checkpoint of troops in the Rajprasong."

Now if he was innocent why would he be trying to break through the check point? Why not do as ordered? So all this time and money spent and that is all they can find out. For all any one knows it could have been a red shirt who bought the gun on the Black Market.

I wonder if they are ever going to investigate who gave the order to illegally seize public property that started all the trouble. A peaceful protest and then go home nothing wrong with that but some one made the decision to turn it into a illegal protest. WHO. We will never officially know as that is not what the PT wants to become public.

AV should have stepped down with his tail between his legs as soon as he realised the outrage at his and others' actions of perverting democracy. The protests were more than justified in response to the blatant act of stealing the electorate's mandate.

AV used the military to get power and then, once the people couldn't stand to have his lying, deceitful backside wrongly in the PM's seat, he used them again to shoot the people.

It is obvious where the blame lies.

If you knew any thing about government with the parliamentarian system you would know that he was elected by the same system as his predecessor yet you seem to think it was OK for him to get elected that way but not a Demarcate.

Is there any particular reason you choose to say it is OK for one party not another. Makes no sense to me. Of course I had no money to be made or lost who ever got in. All I know is how they do it and I really don't agree with the system but no one asked me. Is that it your ego is hurt because they didn't ask you what system to use in electing a Prime Minister?

Well it is indeed a perplexing article. The only thing we know for sure is he sas killed and the weapon used was a milatary one. The article goes on to say

"The court ruled that troops who were carrying out the operation fired at a van driven by Samorn Maithong when it was trying to break through the security checkpoint of troops in the Rajprasong."

Now if he was innocent why would he be trying to break through the check point? Why not do as ordered? So all this time and money spent and that is all they can find out. For all any one knows it could have been a red shirt who bought the gun on the Black Market.

I wonder if they are ever going to investigate who gave the order to illegally seize public property that started all the trouble. A peaceful protest and then go home nothing wrong with that but some one made the decision to turn it into a illegal protest. WHO. We will never officially know as that is not what the PT wants to become public.

VERY perplexing for many army apologists it seems (please read earlier posts for enlightenment). Certainly says something about their general and simplistic understanding of the whole situation, if they can't make sense of a simple report.

• Like 1