What Is Latest We Can/should Arrive At Ban Rak Amphur?

bangkokburning

• 5 months later...
May I ask why you are going to the amphur if you already are married?

Fair point Beano. Ha ha. I completely misread the thread as being about registration of marriage. Thanks to Mario for answering though! Just on that, presumably the ID card only requires updating if the wife wants to assume her husband's surname? Or any other alterations?

Edited by TCA

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread, can someone give me directions to Bang Rak amphur? Can't find a thing on Google. Near Sala Daeng BTS right? Walking distance?

Also whilst searching for the above, I read a post about interpreters being required use at this amphur for non Thai speakers getting married? Surely the wife-to-be would do if ones Thai wasn't up to it?

Edited by TCA

Rather than start a new thread, can someone give me directions to Bang Rak amphur? Can't find a thing on Google. Near Sala Daeng BTS right? Walking distance?

Also whilst searching for the above, I read a post about interpreters being required use at this amphur for non Thai speakers getting married? Surely the wife-to-be would do if ones Thai wasn't up to it?

Not walkingdistance. Take a taxi from Sala Daeng, costs arround 40 baht. If the driver dont know where Bangrak Amphur is, tell him to take you to the Bangrak Police Station, guess most of the drivers know where that is (just across the soi for the amphur, distance 30 meters).

Thanks for replying olek. In the end we just got a taxi all the way from our hotel. Had to try more than one driver to be sure he knew where he was going, but he got us there ok.