Hospital,help.

splodger

A couple of years ago i got sick and a taxi driver took me to a govt.hospital,yes it was crowded,but i got great treatment and was released 2 days later for the grand price of 2100 bht.Now i cant remember name,not Banglamung,but not far from Banglamung.

Thanks

Banglamung is the only government hospital in that area so it must be that. I've been there once and i was impressed at the speed of treatment. Better than the NHS!!

I've always found the government hospitals to be very good. Sure you wait a little longer but that's not important. The important bit is the level of care you receive. I find in government hospitals the care is just as good if not better than the rip off private hospitals. To be honest it's the same set of Doctors anyhow.

A good friend of mine , his wife had their baby at Bangkok hospital in Samui. Cost 50,000bt. 2 night stay. My wife had our baby at the goverment hospital in Nathon. A private room overlooking the beach for 2 nights. Cost 5,000bt. You'll also find on many occasions that any patient with complications or a really serious problem will be transfered from a private hospital to the Government hospitals where they have the facilities to deal with it.

Edited by nanapong

Banglamung is the only government hospital in that area so it must be that. I've been there once and i was impressed at the speed of treatment. Better than the NHS!!

I concur 100% with that.

Great treatment for me too after my motoring accident.

Apart from clinics like the one on Soi Buakhow (spelling) there are no other govt hospitals in Pattaya. Yet this clinic has beds and most facilities so if it was not the govt hospital, then maybe one of the larger clinics.

• Like 1

I've always found the government hospitals to be very good. Sure you wait a little longer but that's not important. The important bit is the level of care you receive. I find in government hospitals the care is just as good if not better than the rip off private hospitals. To be honest it's the same set of Doctors anyhow.

A good friend of mine , his wife had their baby at Bangkok hospital in Samui. Cost 50,000bt. 2 night stay. My wife had our baby at the goverment hospital in Nathon. A private room overlooking the beach for 2 nights. Cost 5,000bt. You'll also find on many occasions that any patient with complications or a really serious problem will be transfered from a private hospital to the Government hospitals where they have the facilities to deal with it.

We had our first born at PBH for a cost of like 80k I think it was...

We had the 2nd at Banglamung for a cost of <10k and that was with the private room.