Don Mueang Airport Plans Full Services For No-Frills Airlines

webfact

Don Mueang Airport plans full services for no-frills airlines

BANGKOK, Sept 18 – Airports of Thailand (AoT) announced the full service operation of the Don Mueang Airport to serve low-cost airlines, including Thai AirAsia, in October.

Check-in counters have been renovated and a system test will be conducted on Thursday and Friday. Thai AirAsia with 24 aircraft is due to start operations at Don Mueang Airport on October 1, offering 146 daily flights.

Regarding the immigration section, the Royal Thai Police will deploy more officers at Don Mueang Airport, increasing the number from 42 to 391, based on a calculation that the airport will serve 6.5 million passengers per year. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-18

To be honest, we all pay the passenger movement tax / airport Tax ... or what ever the name is so that I hope that the service will be equal, if not better then Suvarnabhumi.

Not a high service level to clear ... though I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why they would need immigration if only local? Must be planning on international service. flew into there a couple of times lately and ghost town compared to what it used to be. Almost eerie.

All Air Asia flight will operate from Don Mueang also international flights, that's why.

Edited by ost22

Not sure why they would need immigration if only local? Must be planning on international service. flew into there a couple of times lately and ghost town compared to what it used to be. Almost eerie.

It's OK. Next time you will have some of the 391?????????????????? cops to keep you company

I think its a good idea the two Airport solution.

As Suvarnabhumi, was planned to long ago and built to late and

is now to small to keep up with the next years increasing traffic and passenger numbers!

A train connection, Suvarnabhumi - Don Muang with a short ride, would complement the whole thing!

do we know yet which airlines will be operating out of don mueang?

use brains-, yes I know thats a big ticket-Q for TV-users: that will change any week and never will be the same as last week or next. Airlnes fail, move, think again etc. Best way is to learn to LOOK at the airport codes they use.