Things To Mitigate Dissatisfaction In Thailand For Gf

Aurelllian

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What criteria does someone have to be to be one of her peers ?

There are something like 67 million people in this country. Can you not find one person that she has things in common with of who you think is good enough for her ?

Is the problem really that back home she could go to a club where other wonderful people hang out and find other wonderful people with her interests and tastes in restaurants and clubs etc while over here the Thai people that can do that, who have the money who do come from rich families are way above hers and yours social status (unconnected farangs will most likely always be unconnected farangs unless they make it big in business here or marry someone who is) and aren't interested in a farang air hostess.

While the other people in these clubs and restaurants ( most likely the vast majority) are wannabes spending credit or what's left of their parents money, most likely from land sales, desperately trying to climb the social ladder.

A solution would be for her to get a job here and mix with people of a similar intelligence to her which she would find by natural selection in what job she would be able to get. Or maybe join some farang societies or clubs.

If you and her just want to go to social climbing clubs and restaurants, go back home and do it there. People with real social status or money here aren't interested in Thai or Farang social climbers, real people yes, but people that want to hang in the 'best' places with the 'best' people. I'm afraid you're wasting your time. Only wannabe's will be interested in you especially if you tell people the same things you've said on here.

People with real money/status/ connections in this country keep it dam_n well quiet. Because they know how many gold diggers, social climbers, people lokking to get in on the act there are in this country.

If you do really want genuine friends then get involved with people as said through jobs or societies and meet other middle class or upper working class people like yourselves and your stay will be much more enjoyable.

Very well said indeed!

So anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I'm struggling to understand why it's so important that your missus finds someone to click with during the handful of weeks she stays here at a time. People can stay in Thailand for years and still find it hard to find someone to click with.

If the social scene isn't doing it, why not concentrate on things that can be done with you or just on her own? Why not encourage her to get into a hobby if she hasn't got one already. Reading, writing, creating something - anything - can be very satisfying as well as time consuming, which is what you all want. She must be into something. And between you I'm sure you could fund whatever hobby she wants to take up and she could go out and about getting whatever materials are required for it without getting harassed (I'm guessing MBK doesn't come to a standstill when she walks in).

I'm not saying it would fill up the entire time, but it will definitely ease the situation.

Surely it's not just all about the social networking is it?

Human beings are social animals. Most people do not substitute a book for love or camaraderie. Hobbies are a distraction of varying utility.

Most of us are men who opt to come here are loners by nature. The girls I bring her are not naturally inclined to reside in a place like this and have different dispositions--which I now believe to be incompatible.

As stated before, she reads, goes to Yoga. takes tennis lessons, etc...a little yellow ball does not diminish the need for sorority.

Will she suck it up? Likely. But I would like to make her happier within the confines of my budget. I cant spend 10 or 11,000 USD per month here anymore.

people need friends. dudes need homies and girls need girls.

I have dated a few model type women and they have more problems than less physically blessed women by far with reference to meeting friends and dating. That's why you see beautiful women with other beautiful women.

As Dlock eloquently put it: they are often the subject of unwanted attention solely because of their beauty. It sounds cool, but it's not. The female English teach crowd sneers at her when she walks in and the Thais just get weird. It's hard to describe unless you have seen it before.

The pro athlete analogy is astute. In Vegas or LA, in certain places, its no big deal to see Kobe, Matt Damon, Ashton chillin at the bar. People might say hello but they are generally left alone.The staff and patrons know how to deal with celeberties and they are not star struck.

They are not a rarity.

LA and Vegas is full of hot bombshell women. No biggie.

Imagine if Ben Afleck was in Iron Ferrry? This is the dilemma.

I dont care that she is hot. so what? its that her looks are erecting a barrier to meaningful interaction in Thailand.

My question is how to knock that wall down.

We do not network here as we have no business interests here.

What you are saying is not really correct. You got a MA from Stanford in like Asian studies or something. Good for you..but it's not the same..no need to say more.

What exactly do you mean by this? So to you if someone went and got a master's degree from Stanford, it is not the same because you went to undergrad at Princeton? (Which by the way I was accepted to and learned about the little eating clubs during a tour of the campus.) Even though you yourself dropped out of law school. Soooo basically I have more education than you and should consider you an uneducated heathen?

What you are saying is not really correct. You got a MA from Stanford in like Asian studies or something. Good for you..but it's not the same..no need to say more.

What exactly do you mean by this? So to you if someone went and got a master's degree from Stanford, it is not the same because you went to undergrad at Princeton? (Which by the way I was accepted to and learned about the little eating clubs during a tour of the campus.) Even though you yourself dropped out of law school. Soooo basically I have more education than you and should consider you an uneducated heathen?

calm down.

Drooped out? Ehh, I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to serve my country when needed. I don't regret it one bit. Tons of Ivy League lawyers out there..only a handful of folks have held policy relevant positions during a watershed historical event.

I am a patriot and believe in serving my country when asked.

Whose flag do you fly under?

calm down.

Drooped out? Ehh, I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to serve my country when needed. I don't regret it one bit. Tons of Ivy League lawyers out there..only a handful of folks have held policy relevant positions during a watershed historical event.

Well all I know and what I know of any law school is that if you need to leave, you can back in a few years and finish your program. So basically when you've been bragging about your accomplishments, you are yourself really a drop out. Just a thought.

If your in love you don't usually need third parties to keep you occupied or happy, especially in an exotic country like Thailand. In fact, it's usually exactly the opposite.

Is this a romantic relationship, or more of a coupling for convenience and show off?

This sounds like a relationship issue where she needs other people around and/or she is trying to fill some unmet needs.

Why do you assume every hot girl is with a hot guy for money? This is erroneous.

Who said anything about love? Why is this relevant.

The question is: My gf does not like it here. How can I make it better for her here for two months or so.

I date young hot beautiful women because I am a young, successful, good looking, in great shape man.

It's not about the money dude. No, I am not broke, but I am not a sugar daddy.

Her only unmet need is not having peers in Thailand.

I am trying to find some for her.

There are something like 67 million people in this country. Can you not find one person that she has things in common with of who you think is good enough for her ?

Is the problem really that back home she could go to a club where other wonderful people hang out and find other wonderful people with her interests and tastes in restaurants and clubs etc while over here the Thai people that can do that, who have the money who do come from rich families are way above hers and yours social status (unconnected farangs will most likely always be unconnected farangs unless they make it big in business here or marry someone who is) and aren't interested in a farang air hostess.

While the other people in these clubs and restaurants ( most likely the vast majority) are wannabes spending credit or what's left of their parents money, most likely from land sales, desperately trying to climb the social ladder.

A solution would be for her to get a job here and mix with people of a similar intelligence to her which she would find by natural selection in what job she would be able to get. Or maybe join some farang societies or clubs.

If you and her just want to go to social climbing clubs and restaurants, go back home and do it there. People with real social status or money here aren't interested in Thai or Farang social climbers, real people yes, but people that want to hang in the 'best' places with the 'best' people. I'm afraid you're wasting your time. Only wannabe's will be interested in you especially if you tell people the same things you've said on here.

People with real money/status/ connections in this country keep it dam_n well quiet. Because they know how many gold diggers, social climbers, people lokking to get in on the act there are in this country.

If you do really want genuine friends then get involved with people as said through jobs or societies and meet other middle class or upper working class people like yourselves and your stay will be much more enjoyable.

You miss the point entirely. Off by a mile. I am revoking your rangetime.

I am unaffiliated here;no pull or wastaa at all. Not connected nor do i want to be connected. Thailand for me is simply a place where I vacation--preferably for less than 3 weeks at a time.

I think its a very nice place to holiday. The best actually. And I have been around.

We are not trying to climb the proverbial social ladder here or in Vegas....the only place where I kiss a little butt is DC...gotta grovel for my supper..,.thank you very much.

Get a job here?? <deleted>..How deft are you?,,maybe sling drinks at Nana, righhhht?

We do not wish to integrate here. She wants friends. I am fine with my xbox and kindle.

Dude, read my last few posts then you should get it.

calm down.

Well all I know and what I know of any law school is that if you need to leave, you can back in a few years and finish your program. So basically when you've been bragging about your accomplishments, you are yourself really a drop out. Just a thought.

You need a time out. Go sit in the corner and stop posting until you behave.

Go.

I think education is all about fulfilling your goals. I have a close friend who was debating whether to drop out of school and hop on the tour. I told him he should and would do it again. Just as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg should have..most should not...i should have.

By what you have written I am convinced you are a fraud or a flake or a combination of both...some things just don't add up about you.

Sorry to be blunt.

And who is bragging? heck,not only did I drop outta law school....I am unemployed now to boot...you can toss that one back at me too:)

I know people at the top and I ain't one of them.

Maybe i should return to law school... Chicago is so darn cold..Thanks for the advice. You might be right.

Edited by Aurelllian

We do not wish to integrate here. She wants friends.

Dont' you see that you already found the answer? She does not find anybody in tennis, fitness etc etc... you don't wish to integrate or start networking...

Soooooooo.... She will NEVER find the friends she is looking for, as those friends don't exist in BKK under your conditions...

End-of-Story.

Me-drop-out-this-post

• Like 1

I dont care that she is hot. so what? its that her looks are erecting a barrier to meaningful interaction in Thailand.

Aurelllian, you do care that she is hot.

If she was not hot you would not be with her.

thats a hard question to answer. I like her. She is cool and nice...but I normally date a certain type of woman..tall model types..these things just kinda happen...

her looks sure are a hassle here though.

Dont' you see that you already found the answer? She does not find anybody in tennis, fitness etc etc... you don't wish to integrate or start networking...Soooooooo.... She will NEVER find the friends she is looking for, as those friends don't exist in BKK under your conditions...End-of-Story.Me-drop-out-this-post
It took me three years to find someone here that I like to hang with so it's possible...I actually think there are girls she can hang with here...it will just take time..most likely we will be gone by the time it could occur..but u never know..maybe a poster will pop on and have a wife in the same boat as my gf. Edited by Aurelllian

Dont' you see that you already found the answer? She does not find anybody in tennis, fitness etc etc... you don't wish to integrate or start networking...Soooooooo.... She will NEVER find the friends she is looking for, as those friends don't exist in BKK under your conditions...End-of-Story.Me-drop-out-this-post
It took me three years to find someone here that I like to hang with so it's possible...I actually think there are girls she can hang with here...it will just take time..most likely we will be gone by the time it could occur..but u never know..maybe a poster will pop on and have a wife in the same boat as my gf.

Why don't you have her join Thai Visa? You are not one of those kind of guys who must control their women are you? Can't she talk or write to whom she pleases? All sorts of nice guys here.biggrin.png

If your in love you don't usually need third parties to keep you occupied or happy, especially in an exotic country like Thailand. In fact, it's usually exactly the opposite.

Is this a romantic relationship, or more of a coupling for convenience and show off?

This sounds like a relationship issue where she needs other people around and/or she is trying to fill some unmet needs.

Why do you assume every hot girl is with a hot guy for money? This is erroneous.

Who said anything about love? Why is this relevant.

The question is: My gf does not like it here. How can I make it better for her here for two months or so.

I date young hot beautiful women because I am a young, successful, good looking, in great shape man.

It's not about the money dude. No, I am not broke, but I am not a sugar daddy.

Her only unmet need is not having peers in Thailand.

I am trying to find some for her.

You miss the point entirely. Off by a mile. I am revoking your rangetime.

I am unaffiliated here;no pull or wastaa at all. Not connected nor do i want to be connected. Thailand for me is simply a place where I vacation--preferably for less than 3 weeks at a time.

I think its a very nice place to holiday. The best actually. And I have been around.

We are not trying to climb the proverbial social ladder here or in Vegas....the only place where I kiss a little butt is DC...gotta grovel for my supper..,.thank you very much.

Get a job here?? <deleted>..How deft are you?,,maybe sling drinks at Nana, righhhht?

We do not wish to integrate here. She wants friends. I am fine with my xbox and kindle.

Dude, read my last few posts then you should get it.

The club you mentioned several times and places abroad you also mention are places of a similar ilk. Full of social climbers, yes ? So that's the kind of people you will most likely meet there. You complain the people only want to know you're girlfriend to increase their social status so obviously the places you go aren't working out for you in helping your girlfriend make friends and confirming my point.

. Although I struggle to see how on earth a farang or Thai (for that matter) air hostess could increase anyones social status. The meetings you've asked for on here are at places like this, yes ?

If you don't want to integrate where will you meet friends ? If she hasn't got a job here then she's going to be bored. Thailands great for a holiday or nights out, but during the day if you don't work it's boring, much the same as everywhere which leads to frustration and unhappiness to some degree. When your in this state and looking miserable it's much harder to make friends and people don't want to approach you.

What places do people usually meet new people in the west : work , sports, social clubs, through existing friends and families ? It's the same here.

It seems your social life consists of BASC etc and you playing with your x-box on your own. Maybe if she hasn't got friends to go out with to other places to make friends you should take her to other places , not send her, as you say. Be the person who makes the first move in meeting other people so people can get to know her personality and not just her looks.

I think the best thing you can do is to send her to a beach resort (for example Phuket or Koh Samui) for those 2-3 months you are talking about. It's to short time to find a new BFF anyway.

Rent a motorbike so she can explore on her own. Encourage her to speak with "ordinary" people in the beach. She may even find some hot tourist girls that meet her standards, I've seen them (most will be Russian though).

I'm a little confused about you financial status. In some posts you come across as quite affluent and in others like you have to think twice about every Baht spent.

It's not that expensive to rent a condo/room in a beach resort for a couple of months. I do it every year on an average salary in my home country and can also afford the air fare from Europe and spending money (plus mortgage etc at home). The domestic air fares in Thailand are not so expensive.

She may not be very happy with this solution but maybe a little happier.

I conclude that she doesn't have any money of her own, because she needs either to stay in you condo in Bangkok or Vegas or you have to pay for her accomodation elsewhere. Does she have any family were she can stay until the situation in Vegas is solved? Unless it is essential that she stays in Thailand, of course.

In my opinion these are your options. It's not perfect and it will cost you some, but may be worth it.

Sorry for any language mistakes. English is not my first language.

Good Luck!

We finally get to the root of the problem.

She is unhappy because he is too tight to pay for air conditioning. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

thats a hard question to answer. I like her. She is cool and nice...but I normally date a certain type of woman..tall model types..these things just kinda happen...

her looks sure are a hassle here though.

There is nothing wrong with only wanting to date hot women.

The club you mentioned several times and places abroad you also mention are places of a similar ilk. Full of social climbers, yes ? So that's the kind of people you will most likely meet there. You complain the people only want to know you're girlfriend to increase their social status so obviously the places you go aren't working out for you in helping your girlfriend make friends and confirming my point.

. Although I struggle to see how on earth a farang or Thai (for that matter) air hostess could increase anyones social status. The meetings you've asked for on here are at places like this, yes ?

If you don't want to integrate where will you meet friends ? If she hasn't got a job here then she's going to be bored. Thailands great for a holiday or nights out, but during the day if you don't work it's boring, much the same as everywhere which leads to frustration and unhappiness to some degree. When your in this state and looking miserable it's much harder to make friends and people don't want to approach you.

What places do people usually meet new people in the west : work , sports, social clubs, through existing friends and families ? It's the same here.

It seems your social life consists of BASC etc and you playing with your x-box on your own. Maybe if she hasn't got friends to go out with to other places to make friends you should take her to other places , not send her, as you say. Be the person who makes the first move in meeting other people so people can get to know her personality and not just her looks.

I have no clue why someone's looks would increase another person's social status. None at all.

Social Climbers do go to posh places but all posh places are not exclusively inhabited by social climbers.

I am not a social climber in the sense that you envision.

I do like partying with good looking and beautiful women. That's the extent of my fascination with the nightlife at posh places...that and some good hip-hop or rock.

Thanks

What is BASC?

We finally get to the root of the problem.

She is unhappy because he is too tight to pay for air conditioning. rolleyes.gif

HA HA HA HA HA...lame

What started out as a post looking for ideas turned into Aurelllian getting called out on almost everything he said. He simply defended himself, albeit in a confident, if not cocky manner.

I have just been promoted from newbie to member clap2.gif and I guess that means I can slowly build up my own opinion about things.

What caused this discussing to go off topic, and to become quite personal, is the way Aurellian defended himself. I think all will agree to that.

English isn't my native language, but I would have been able to make a better point without the bragging and without talking about X grand per visa run, YYYY for utility bills (or should this now be considered bragging as well?).

I think I can also get the message across that I am an ok guy without putting on the table where I have my sushi, mojito and champagne. For the record: I don't like champagne so don't drink it.

There is no second chance for a first impression and Aurellian didnt score well on that first impression.... bah.gif

I still have serious doubts about Aurellian's story but it's time to get the discussion back on topic and refer the personal stuff to PM.

My age isn't important but I have a 29 year old Thai gf that is 26 years younger then me. I guess that puts her in the same age category as Aurellian's missus.

She is a 5'2" Thai pitbull that doesnt care how tall his gf is, doesnt care how good she looks and I'd be surprised if she's interested in her cup size. She is a teacher and she is studying to get a master's degree,. she takes care of me (not an easy task I assure you), her mother and a youger sister. She is loyal to her roots, which are in a slum area around Bangkok's Rama 3, and that's where she stays when she is in Bangkok. Not in a hotel or condo.

What I am trying to say is that she is an intelligent, hardworking, both feet on the ground girl that will not be impressed by the model's looks nor will it make her feel uncomfortable or make her stare at the gf. She will judge your gf on how she really is. She has a number of friend that do just that.

I'll give you a 2nd chance for a 1st impression: come over to pattaya's dark side for the weekend and we will help her get a life here...

What started out as a post looking for ideas turned into Aurelllian getting called out on almost everything he said. He simply defended himself, albeit in a confident, if not cocky manner.

I have just been promoted from newbie to member clap2.gif and I guess that means I can slowly build up my own opinion about things.

What caused this discussing to go off topic, and to become quite personal, is the way Aurellian defended himself. I think all will agree to that.

English isn't my native language, but I would have been able to make a better point without the bragging and without talking about X grand per visa run, YYYY for utility bills (or should this now be considered bragging as well?).

I think I can also get the message across that I am an ok guy without putting on the table where I have my sushi, mojito and champagne. For the record: I don't like champagne so don't drink it.

There is no second chance for a first impression and Aurellian didnt score well on that first impression.... bah.gif

I still have serious doubts about Aurellian's story but it's time to get the discussion back on topic and refer the personal stuff to PM.

My age isn't important but I have a 29 year old Thai gf that is 26 years younger then me. I guess that puts her in the same age category as Aurellian's missus.

She is a 5'2" Thai pitbull that doesnt care how tall his gf is, doesnt care how good she looks and I'd be surprised if she's interested in her cup size. She is a teacher and she is studying to get a master's degree,. she takes care of me (not an easy task I assure you), her mother and a youger sister. She is loyal to her roots, which are in a slum area around Bangkok's Rama 3, and that's where she stays when she is in Bangkok. Not in a hotel or condo.

What I am trying to say is that she is an intelligent, hardworking, both feet on the ground girl that will not be impressed by the model's looks nor will it make her feel uncomfortable or make her stare at the gf. She will judge your gf on how she really is. She has a number of friend that do just that.

I'll give you a 2nd chance for a 1st impression: come over to pattaya's dark side for the weekend and we will help her get a life here...

I suspect an offer that Aurelllian will resist