• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Anyone Want To Play?

Gone

Music that is. tongue.png

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up in a bar or on the beach or renting a studio out and playing some acoustic? Banjos, fiddles etc. would be nice but....

There are a few good bars around in NaJomtien and other areas around Pattaya and yes you ARE allowed to sit around a table and pull out a few acoustics as long as you are not on stage or have a tip jar etc. Just have a few wobbly pops and play. I have confirmed this with City Hall already. Most guest houses that have a bar/restaurant downstairs are good also.

Or if anyone has any suggestions? We have even had fires on the beach in NaJomtien and played away.

• Like 1

Cool. Well it seems the rain is with us once again so the beach thing might not be a good idea however you never know with the proper planning.

Bluegrass is my main music but of course I can play everything else too. South Pattaya is a very big area but I will send you a PM and if anyone else wants to join lets do it. I have few friends that play too.

Maybe someone has a nice back yard with a covered area or something? The main thing is that we keep it LEGAL.

Edited by Gone

I played one time in a well known small bar down town, but the external noise was too much, could not hear what the other musicians were doing, very stressful and not enjoyable at all.

It's a poor state of affairs when anyone planning an acoustic jam has to consider whether they might be breaking the law.

True that however if you play on stage or have a hat in front of you then you could be charged with working/volunteering without a work permit and deported after spending a few nights in the slammer and/or paying a fine.

That is about the only thing I miss about back home is the music scene, jams etc.

I played one time in a well known small bar down town, but the external noise was too much, could not hear what the other musicians were doing, very stressful and not enjoyable at all.

True that. And if you are playing a Martin or any acoustic then you have to crank the mic up to the point where all you hear is feedback.