Starbucks On Beach Road R.i.p

BugJackBaron

Ha ha ha, just listen to the anger on here when the subject of starbucks come up....are peoples lifes here really that empty that they have to throw a volley of abuse at a coffee shop??

These forums are packed of very sad individuals. Nerds.com

Gratefully, nerds have gained something of a foothold in international culture the past couple decades. Their slags at coffee shops, their offbeat opinions and tastes, and their deviations from the herd are welcomed by some.

It's a start. :)

Used to go there now and then..now You can't smoke even outside so I don't go there anymore. There's a small french cafe' just beside Friendship, when You come from Second Road. Very good coffee. Espresso 40 baht with a glass of water and a smile..

Freedom of choice...that is what we all have when choosing a place to drink coffee. You can spend 80 -200 baht if you wish for a cup of coffee (and its location). No one needs to complain about StarBucks coffee price since there are other choices. Part of Starbuck's attraction is its good service (most clerks seem to be well trained and speak decent English -- wonder if they get paid more than the "ordinary" clerks I find in other coffee shops); the ambience of comfortable seating and newspapers to read. The negative for Starbucks is the charge for "wi-fi" - a totally outdated procedure. If one buys coffee there, the wi-fi should be free. True, one could stay there for ever, but just have a 1 hour limit sign on the tables. I no longer go to Starbucks since at Coffee World the wi-fi is free.

Probably enough people have realised that you can get better coffee at half the price elsewhere.

Starbucks is to coffee what McDonalds is to burgers.

sent from my Android phone

I have nothing against Starbucks other than what you have pointed out. However, it does not apply to McDonald's as you can't get better burgers at half the price elsewhere. You may or may not like McDonald's hamburgers (I enjoy them from time to time), but they are not expensive compared to most other places.

Oh no! Does that mean that Starbucks is on it's arse?... no, it merely means that they will pop up in a better location. Although, not sure how long the Avenue Starbucks will last. Why do I care? I can't stand Starbucks.

Thais like it. The one in Rayong is packed and never a Farang in sight. I don't know why anyone would like burned Seattle style beans for that price.

Well its because it sends out a message to ther less fortunate Thais that they "can" afford to pay the stupid prices. Its big on "face." and at the end of the day Starbucks does do nice coffee imo

Probably enough people have realised that you can get better coffee at half the price elsewhere.

Starbucks is to coffee what McDonalds is to burgers.

I have nothing against Starbucks other than what you have pointed out. However, it does not apply to McDonald's as you can't get better burgers at half the price elsewhere. You may or may not like McDonald's hamburgers (I enjoy them from time to time), but they are not expensive compared to most other places.

point taken about the burger analogy. McDonalds is at least cheap, whereas Starbucks isn't.

To comment on the member who said that you can choose coffee between 80 and 200 Baht... You can get coffee as cheap as 30 Baht at some places. And those coffees are good.

To comment on the member who said that you can choose coffee between 80 and 200 Baht... You can get coffee as cheap as 30 Baht at some places. And those coffees are good.

15 Baht at one place near my office in central Bangkok, 20 Baht at most other places nearby. Starbucks isn't really selling coffee for 200 Baht though, is it? blink.png

15 Baht at one place near my office in central Bangkok, 20 Baht at most other places nearby. Starbucks isn't really selling coffee for 200 Baht though, is it? blink.png

The above is really a Zen post. So much wisdom. oooooommmmmm.......

Starbucks On Beach Road R.I.P

The one on the corner is now gone.

What are you talking about?

The one one the corner? Which corner??

The Starbucks on Beach Rd at Soi13/1 was still there this morning, and nicer than before.

Aren't there two Starbucks on beach road ? one on soi13 & one down by the walking street ?

The hot coffee is crap but the Frappucino is good, you have to admit that

Waste of breath to point that out. Starbucks haters won't admit there are any other products sold at Starbucks besides the cheapest (relatively speaking) cup of black coffee although millions of people happen to like that coffee. There are no other kinds of coffee, there's no frappucino, there's no tea, there's no fresh orange juice, there are no sandwitches and cupcakes. There's no service, there's no wi-fi, there's no ambience, there's no relaxing, tasteful (for a chain) environment, there's not even any air conditioning as a respite from the Thailand heat. It's just all bad!

• Like 2