Chicago Live In Bangkok 2 Nov 2012

webfact

Chicago Live In Bangkok

poster.jpeg

Chicago is an American rock band formed in 1967 in Chicago, Illinois. The self-described "rock and roll band with horns" began as a politically charged, sometimes experimental, rock band and later moved to a predominantly softer sound, generating several hit ballads.

They had a steady stream of hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Second only to The Beach Boys in Billboard singles and albums chart success among American bands, Chicago is one of the longest-running and most successful rock groups in history.

Source: http://en.wikipedia..../Chicago_(band)

For concert information: http://www.thaiticke...il.php?sid=1484

-- Thaiticketmajor.com 2012-09-19

footer_n.gif

I don't know whether to be nostalgic or faintly horrified at the sight of thousands of saggy old farangs descending on the stadium...............let me think about it coffee1.gif

I've decided, I'm horrified. mellow.png

Will we ever get peace from this middle of the road American crap soft rock.....it was crap the first time around and it's even worse now!! Those poor Thais,

what did they do to deserve this violin.gif

• Like 1

I don't know whether to be nostalgic or faintly horrified at the sight of thousands of saggy old farangs descending on the stadium...............let me think about it coffee1.gif

Will we ever get peace from this middle of the road American crap soft rock.....it was crap the first time around and it's even worse now!! Those poor Thais,

Glad you are not going. Your physique would have put us all saggy farangs to shame.cheesy.gif
  • Like 2

I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have never ever listened the their music and never attended a 'Chicago' concert. Man, that's music, great music!!

I feel sorry for you that you have missed it....

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

Bletherer, can you offer a sensible critique of this bands music or do you just need to spew bile?

Do you mind? annoyed.gif I'll let the band speak for themselves............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFM6R53gui8

Go on......defend yourself!!! Even the US military refused to use these songs against the Taliban as they constitute Cruel and Unusual punishment. Quite shocking really, if you ask me. coffee1.gif

Glad you are not going. Your physique would have put us all saggy farangs to shame.cheesy.gif

Jealousy is a terrible thing you know coffee1.gif

I can just picture the young, energetic Thai crowd erupting as they shuffle onto the stage on Zimmer Frames to the opening refrain of "If you leave me now". I have a particular hatred of this song because one of my sisters played it morning noon and night for about a month when it came out, the soppy cow. I still have nightmares.

• Like 1

Will we ever get peace from this middle of the road American crap soft rock.....it was crap the first time around and it's even worse now!!

What an amazingly narrow-minded and self-important comment.

Why would you get so nasty and critical about something that truly has zero affect on your life?

What a terrible attitude you display. Here is a group of undeniably popular and successful musicians who have such a passion for their life-long commitment to music that they choose to tour as they grow older, but that bothers you so much tat you have to 'crap' all over them. <deleted> amazing. If somebody is forcing you go to the concert or listen to their music, express you irrationally nasty thoughts to that person -- not these innocent artists.

Perhaps a psychologist could help you figure out why you have a need to criticize these people when they have absolutely no influence on your well-being.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're a natural comedian laugh.png

Either that or you can't tell the difference between a genuine critique or some gentle leg pulling thumbsup.gif

Some people take things far too seriously coffee1.gif

Will we ever get peace from this middle of the road American crap soft rock.....it was crap the first time around and it's even worse now!!

Why would you get so nasty and critical about something that truly has zero affect on your life?

What a terrible attitude you display. Here is a group of undeniably popular and successful musicians who have such a passion for their life-long commitment to music that they choose to tour as they grow older, but that bothers you so much tat you have to 'crap' all over them. <deleted> amazing. If somebody is forcing you go to the concert or listen to their music, express you irrationally nasty thoughts to that person -- not these innocent artists.

Perhaps a psychologist could help you figure out why you have a need to criticize these people when they have absolutely no influence on your well-being.

They choose to tour as they need the money. I don't have a problem with that, but let's not pretend that they are doing this just because of the music.

(And they suck as well - just my opinion)

• Like 1

I loved them when Terry Kath was the lead...they were edgy and psychedelic. Then he ate a bullet and they became a milquetoast band.

True. And they'll still do some of the edgy songs. But in a country whose 2nd national anthem is Hotel California, many will enjoy the milquetoast stuff as well, though I wouldn't.

So, there'll be something for everyone. Great musicians, no question.

• Like 1

They choose to tour as they need the money. I don't have a problem with that, but let's not pretend that they are doing this just because of the music.

(And they suck as well - just my opinion)

Be careful of passing your opinion, you might be referred to a psychologist if Wavefloater has his way coffee1.gif

I even like Air Supply. w00t.gif. Sorry Bleth, but there is some stuff that hits the spot from life's ups and downs.

I am one that watched live, The Yardbirds, Beatles, Stones, Small Faces, Kinks, Who, and a few others, and l would like to watch this lot too.thumbsup.gif

BUT, l was a bit out of line with my comments regarding N. Gallagher, sorry, but his stuff does absolutely nothing for me. sad.png , Sorry again.

• Like 1

He would have stood out like a sore thumb with his kilts on.

Can't quite wrap my mind around a bag pipe country citizen would criticize a rock group.

Good thing the English were into Australia first if the Scots had they would have bands with bag pipes and didgeridoo's in them.clap2.gifcheesy.gifsorry.gif

• Like 1