Big, Comfortable Sofa

Tiger7Moth

Index

sent from my Android phone

Probably more than you want to pay but Decorum on Thrappasit (sorry if spelling wrong) road has some very nice stuff. There is also another shop a lttle further up (towards Suk) that had a lot of good expensive stuff - if it is still in business? Otherwise I would agee with raro.

An outside option would be Ikea in Bangkok

There is a great plush ultra soft & very reasonable couche or couch set at big C used to be Carrefour in the indoor room next to the krungsthai bank(may be misspelled.) the Shop has the softest couch I have seen in Pattaya & almost 1/2 the price of Stefen Ocho. we just got ours delivered today 17,000 baht without purchacing al 3 -just the couch 3 seater. you will know the couch it is the one that just about everyone snags after going into the shop. they make them custom order your color & material upcountry. Really nice people & speak English well. Check em out. No one can touch their quality or their prices.

I had mine made to order by one of the companies that set up at the front entrance of Homepro.

Happy with the quality and price.

You can choose the dimensions of the sofa cushions and overall width as well as the colour and material.

Remember to always barter with them as they start at a high price and expect to be lowered.

You should head straight over to Sofa Lounge on Sukhumvit..its between Soi Watboon and Tesco Lotus..ask for Paul Ryan. He is the owner and has been in business here for years. He has a huge showroom and custom orders are about 2-3 weeks. I have bought many leather sofas from Paul and his prices and service are excellent. The quality is as good as Decorum and Index but prices are considerably less. He has farang sized sofas and are available in leather or fabric. His shop is on the same side of the street as Lotus Tesco/Makro. There is a small high end car showroom next door to the shop

Edited by ericg1953

There is a great plush ultra soft & very reasonable couche or couch set at big C used to be Carrefour in the indoor room next to the krungsthai bank(may be misspelled.) the Shop has the softest couch I have seen in Pattaya & almost 1/2 the price of Stefen Ocho. we just got ours delivered today 17,000 baht without purchacing al 3 -just the couch 3 seater. you will know the couch it is the one that just about everyone snags after going into the shop. they make them custom order your color & material upcountry. Really nice people & speak English well. Check em out. No one can touch their quality or their prices.

We got a nice one from Stefen Ocho. We had it custom made. Pretty nice for the price. I think we paid 36k, but had the upgraded fabric and one side extended almost a meter. Gotta have a place to lay down while watching TV!!!!!

This was 2 1/2 years ago. We were frustrated with the poor selection in Pattaya.

totally agree

i have a wonderful leather sofa set from the lady there

she used to work for stefan ocho and has now set up on her own

same quality but half the price

when i ordered she gave me a delivery date and thats exactly when it was delivered, even arrived on time at 10-30 am

i was very impressed with her and the service

she is highly recommended to all

totally agree

when i ordered she gave me a delivery date and thats exactly when it was delivered, even arrived on time at 10-30 am

I agree. She is called 'Oh' and she has the sofas made up in Lop Buri. She learned the trade from Stephan Ocho and went her own way. They made me a lovely two piece with that 'Pu' covering. Same design as Ocho but 10K less in price.

Thailand is way too hot for leather. Bought mine at Lazy Boy Gallery on Sukhumvit near the Emporium, maybe Soi 32 or near

Well put. My neighbor got this extremely expensive all leather couch. It's a beauty. Within 6 months had it covered with fabric.

Might be worth going to Ikea in Bangkok, we got a 3 seater, memory foam sofa for 15k, very very comfortable, 10 year garuntee and it looks really nice plus you can pick up some frozen meatballs at the same time! =]. Its the best value sofa I've ever had.

I had a sofa from index it cost me 10k looked nice at first, it started to fall apart after a year and became very uncomfortable. SB furniture is ridiculously over priced.

totally agree

I agree. She is called 'Oh' and she has the sofas made up in Lop Buri. She learned the trade from Stephan Ocho and went her own way. They made me a lovely two piece with that 'Pu' covering. Same design as Ocho but 10K less in price.

That makes sense. When we first went in the couches reminded me of Stephan Ochos Same quality but about 50% of the price. You gotta dicker on the price she will accomodate a great deal! Very nice people work there....family business geared to satisfy Farangs as well as Thai's. I have to fight my girl to sit on the couch...its too comfy she hogs up the whole couch laying on it!

Edited by Beardog

• 1 year later...

totally agree

>>> Does anyone happen to have phone number of this lady or shop or web address??? I dont live in Pattaya so not physically possible to visit. any help will be highly appreciated. Need to order a new sofa within this week.

Thx

A

• Like 1

I bought a very nice leather sofa for 56k reduced from around 100k from Index around 2 years ago.

While it is still very comfortable, it hasn't aged that well and it is beige colour and has started to darken particuarly the side where I park my arse. Also not helped that my daughter has 'penned it' which does not come off.

Next time I will go for a darker colour and probably a fabric and will go to this place on Sukhumvit that is being talked about.