Ranong - Visa Run To Myanmar

Hi

Any one done this visa-run, recently? For various reasons I'm not looking for an organised trip, mainly cos i enjoy spending half a day walking around the island.

Is the cost of the songthaew from Ranong to Saphan Bpla still 15baht?

Do I still get my exit and entry stamp at the pier and not at the Immigration Office?

Last time i paid 50baht each way with the boat - What is the going rate now as a passenger on a reasonable full boat?

What will Burmese Immigration look for? USD$10, photo? photocopy of?

Thanks

• Hi, I did the Ranong visa run in June, drove up from Surat Thani, only 3 hours. I went via the Andaman club(you can get directions from any of the hotels), the trip costs $10, you do all the paper work inside immigration(you pay at the counter(thai Baht) to the left as you walk in, they will give you your vouchers), go over to the immigration people, then walk out on the pier and get on the enclosed boat, they leave every hour and can carry a lot of people. Once you arrive at the island you hand over your passport then a mini bus takes you up to the club for an hour or so then you head back to the pier, collect your passport and go back to Ranong and go back through immigration.
  • All up it was pretty simple, I cant speak thai so my wife did all the talking.