Repair Or Recover Data From 1 Tb External Hard Drive?

nivram4491

What symptoms does the disk have?

e.g. Is it completely dead, or does it making clonking noises?

It's not completely dead. The light still flashes but the computer can't read the data.

OK, then if you are using it on a Windows machine, it is worth trying to access it on a Linux one.

I have done this a few times successfully.

If you don't have easy access to linux, you can visit me and i'll try for you..........

OK, then if you are using it on a Windows machine, it is worth trying to access it on a Linux one.

I have done this a few times successfully.

If you don't have easy access to linux, you can visit me and i'll try for you..........

Thank you for your kind offer. I will PM you.

Get a copy of 'Hiren's Boot Disk.' There are dozens of programs on that disk that will help in all kinds of problems, especially ones such as yours. There are programs that will 'recognize' a drive even when Windoze refuses to do so, giving you the opportunity to copy the data onto a new drive while you work to try to fix what ever problem the old one has.

• Like 1

If the disk is making a clattering noise its pretty much a lost casue unless you want to send it to a clean room . If the drive is dead the freezer trick works wonders it will usually stay active long enough to transfer the data although in a few cases I have had the drives become totally operative after being froozen for a few days ............