Thailand Sees Growing Numbers Of Mental Patients

webfact

" Public Health Minister Surawit Khonsomboon said Thailand currently has more than 3 million mental patients, but only one-third of them are receiving treatment, at the country’s 17 mental hospitals nationwide."

Yeah, they're also known as politicians and would be politicians.....

• Like 1

It doesn't follow that an increase in mental patients represents an increase in mental illness. It's just as likely that any increase in patient numbers arises from a more vigorous healthcare program and a more efficient patient record system. Changes in fashion for psychiatric diagnosis can result also in apparent increases in rates of mental illness as a result of more soft diagnostic categories being included e g: Vulnerable Emotional personality.The incidence of mental illness is surprisingly consistent throughout the world.

In Thailand this is true only because there are not enough competent people to measure the mental illness.

• Like 1

Internationally mental illness, severe depression and suicides are on the increase.

This is because the world has become a much more competitive place and people can be under tremendous pressures these days in the high tech, fast paced, every man for himself, we`re taking no prisoners, 21st century of high expectations.

It`s a side affect of the times we live in.

I thank my lucky stars that I am now in a situation of being able to relax and out of industry. But I pity the younger generations of this succeed or go under modern world. It`s no wonder that people are cracking up under the strain.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

It doesn't follow that an increase in mental patients represents an increase in mental illness. It's just as likely that any increase in patient numbers arises from a more vigorous healthcare program and a more efficient patient record system. Changes in fashion for psychiatric diagnosis can result also in apparent increases in rates of mental illness as a result of more soft diagnostic categories being included e g: Vulnerable Emotional personality.The incidence of mental illness is surprisingly consistent throughout the world.

In Thailand this is true only because there are not enough competent people to measure the mental illness.

and that too.

"Urbanisation will be more intensified in eastern Thailand and family size will be smaller, while more women will become family leaders, Dr Surawit predicted."

Looks like I'm way ahead of the game; I do what I'm told from the missus already!

And you're not the only one clap2.gif

What is wrong with you guys? Be men and stand up for your selves! post-4641-1156694005.gif

I don't do what my missus tells me!

Well at least till I piss her off and she starts to beatdeadhorse.gif me! crazy.gif

How can we be sure that Public Health Minister Surawit Khonsomboon is not depressed and simply trying to bring everyone down to this level?

On another note, building cages to put depressed people is simply an admission that one is not ready to deal with the problem at a core, family level.

I detest "government". I really do. It is a flesh-eating cyst on human society's nose, and simply turns it's acolytes into worthless, double-standard, deceitful blobs of oily flesh.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

How can we be sure that Public Health Minister Surawit Khonsomboon is not depressed and simply trying to bring everyone down to this level?

On another note, building cages to put depressed people is simply an admission that one is not ready to deal with the problem at a core, family level.

I detest "government". I really do. It is a flesh-eating cyst on human society's nose, and simply turns it's acolytes into worthless, double-standard, deceitful blobs of oily flesh.

You could write scripts for horror films !cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Greed, not caring for others anymore with those who are higher in the food chain showing the example in the way of corruption - is probably not good for the hearth and mind.

So you pay and take care of all the elder/sick in your family? You talk the talk but do you walk it?

I know a few X Pats that could use some help perhaps?

Especially the ones in Pattaya and Phuket! LOL smile.png

Oh you'll make the bottom feeders mad if you talk about them.

"Urbanisation will be more intensified in eastern Thailand and family size will be smaller, while more women will become family leaders, Dr Surawit predicted."

Looks like I'm way ahead of the game; I do what I'm told from the missus already!

And you're not the only one clap2.gif

What is wrong with you guys? Be men and stand up for your selves! post-4641-1156694005.gif

I don't do what my missus tells me!

Well at least till I piss her off and she starts to beatdeadhorse.gif me! crazy.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Greed, not caring for others anymore with those who are higher in the food chain showing the example in the way of corruption - is probably not good for the hearth and mind.

In that case, maybe the country should adopt Buddhist principles?

What u mean? begging for money or running religion as an out and out business?