Yingluck Mum On Pheu Thai Mps, Red Shirt Protest Against Truth For Reconciliation Report

webfact

Quite statesmanlike to make a diplomatic and reasonable statement on what is clearly a very contentious issue.

Gives her some political leeway.

Clever.

"No comment" is not a statement.

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)

Looks a bit different from "no comment", does it not ??

Firstly it's "no comment" then "let OTHER PEOPLE decide" and finally "I'll let one of my numerously set up committee's deal with it as I'm not going to touch this (like everything else) with a barge pole".

How can you say this is statesman like and clever????cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra refused to comment

the government has assigned a committee .

Thats Yinglucks political life in a "nutshell"

What political life??

She didn't have one beforehand and she is not involved in politics now!!!

• Like 2

Quite statesmanlike to make a diplomatic and reasonable statement on what is clearly a very contentious issue.

Clever.

'Statesmanlike'! to say nothing at all. The most amusing post of the month for sure.

I knew you would like that.

Clever.

'Statesmanlike'! to say nothing at all. The most amusing post of the month for sure.

Can't you see he is taking the p*** out of your stupid comment!!!

No!!! you probably can'tclap2.gif.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE
  • Like 2

MUM is the Statement! What she doesn't say is the critical point.coffee1.gif

she's got more mum here in the latest Yingluck non-speak :

Thai PM dismisses reports on Cabinet reshuffle

BANGKOK, Sept 21 (Bernama) -- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dismissed on Thursday reports on a Cabinet reshuffle, insisting that time is not right for a change in her Cabinet line-up, Thai News Agency reported. Yingluck affirmed that a new Cabinet reshuffle will take place at only appropriate time.

Yingluck reiterated that self-exiled ex-Thai prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, her elder brother, has nothing to do with any domestic matter, including a Cabinet shake-up.

Yingluck was responding to recent reports

Continued:

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/77866

Bernama - Sept. 21, 2012

Edited by Buchholz

Clever.

Can't you see he is taking the p*** out of your stupid comment!!!

No!!! you probably can'tclap2.gif.

Hard to tell, who's taking the piss, then ??

Clever.

well, you are right, but you forgot to make a slur about the PM, call her a clone or mention how attractive she is, so your post won't get many 'likes'.

The TRC report (btw, anyone have an english link to it) comes from a group which Abhisit set up with no teeth. Given politics in Thailand, I imagine that some people may see bias with the people on the TRC. For these 2 reasons alone, it is not surprising that there will be criticism.

But I agree with you about the PM. She handled the situation in a politically astute fashion. She may get ridiculed by opponents for saying 'nothing', but they are unlikely to ever be supportive - regardless of the situation. It seems she is not the barbie-doll people make her out to be.

Clever.

well, you are right, but you forgot to make a slur about the PM, call her a clone or mention how attractive she is, so your post won't get many 'likes'.

The TRC report (btw, anyone have an english link to it) comes from a group which Abhisit set up with no teeth. Given politics in Thailand, I imagine that some people may see bias with the people on the TRC. For these 2 reasons alone, it is not surprising that there will be criticism.

But I agree with you about the PM. She handled the situation in a politically astute fashion. She may get ridiculed by opponents for saying 'nothing', but they are unlikely to ever be supportive - regardless of the situation. It seems she is not the barbie-doll people make her out to be.

Maybe she's only a Ken doll in disguise...

Clever.

Maybe she's only a Ken doll in disguise...

Well it is a good looking ken doll from the shoulders up.

I was thinking about it and maybe she did think it was a group which Abhisit set up with no teeth.

When they came out with the report she was stuck for words as she figured they would never put any blame on the Army and the Dems. And when they did she couldn't get to a phone to call her brother and find out how to reply to a honest opinion.

Clever.

"No comment" is not a statement.

“I’d not say if the TRC’s report is acceptable or not. I’m willing to do anything that is acceptable by all parties for the country’s peace and happiness. The best way is to let the committee work on it first,” she said. (MCOT online news)

Looks a bit different from "no comment", does it not ??

That is an answer you can give to 99% of all questions, which she in fact does. Same meaning as "No comment"'

What she should have said is:

"I have no idea how to answer that question because I have to support my brother who told me he needs to be cleared of all corruption and terrorism charges".

in the first statement she has no opinion - in the second statement if you read between the lines - there is dissatisfaction with the independent report and is having it spun a different way by her own committee, in other words PT don't accept the report or perhaps MrT doesn't accept it

The independence of the report will now be lost = waste of time

didn't really expect anything different - the reds don't want to accept any report that portions some of the blame on them - nothing more than zero

Clever.

Loosely translated: She made the best of a bad job. She is talking rubbish but I/we can dress it up to appear plausible (Politically astute).

The TRC was issuing interim reports every 6 months.

I don't think any of the Thai politicians were surprised with the final report.

Yingluck was shocked. If she had reports every 6 months she would have been prepared for it when it came out. If she were a man one could say she got caught with her pants down and was unprepared for that kind of a report. On the other hand she could have been ignoring all previous reports and truly been surprised at it.

My bet is if she had another hour before she was questioned the phone line to Dubai would have been being used and she would have had a reply.

Just a guess could be wrong.

It would be interesting to publish just how many active committees are currently operating, who sits on them & what stipend along with expenses is being paid. I am sure there is a huge waste of public funds on these committees that never seem to produce anything of substance except to perhaps whitewash or lay blame elsewhere.

They exist so they can be seen to exist

A very clever ploy by whoever the leader of PTP is.

No need to stick your neck out when there's a contentious question. Just let the PM read a statement that comment is premature until the committee produces its report.