Bangkok Gangs Danced " Gangnam Style " Before Ekkamai Gun Battle, Report Claims

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The attackers fired at least 50 bullets from an 11mm gun and carbine rifle – miraculously failing to hit their targets.'

I wouldn't exactly call it a miracle. cheesy.gif

Difficult to shoot straight when you're dancin'...................coffee1.gif

Gangnam is a fairly boring business district in SE Seoul, I lived there through 2011 and early 2012.

Cannot understand this "Gangnam Style" BS, theres nothing going on there to remark upon, some swank hotels, serviced apartments, office buildings and oh yes a Hooters plus local, inter and Jap style bars that are all expensive so the W#nkers here could not afford them.

Gangnam is pretty much crap, whats the deal here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangnam_District

Gangnam is considered to be the wealthiest and most powerful district in all of South Korea. Many of Korea's largest and internationally known corporations have headquarters and offices in Gangnam. It is also home to a large number of elected officials, and the home of many celebrities from South Korea. It is also where most of the transit systems converge. Gangnam also sends a large percentage of young adults to universities. 41% of all Seoul University students come from Gangnam.

Gangnam is a fairly boring business district in SE Seoul, I lived there through 2011 and early 2012.

Cannot understand this "Gangnam Style" BS, theres nothing going on there to remark upon, some swank hotels, serviced apartments, office buildings and oh yes a Hooters plus local, inter and Jap style bars that are all expensive so the W#nkers here could not afford them.

http://en.wikipedia....angnam_District

Gangnam is considered to be the wealthiest and most powerful district in all of South Korea. Many of Korea's largest and internationally known corporations have headquarters and offices in Gangnam. It is also home to a large number of elected officials, and the home of many celebrities from South Korea. It is also where most of the transit systems converge. Gangnam also sends a large percentage of young adults to universities. 41% of all Seoul University students come from Gangnam.

please learn how to use quotes, or at least attribute properly.

the corrected quote is below:

apparently, unlike the Korean popstar Psy, you are impervious to satire

Edited by tinfoilhat

gunbattles in public places.

I can't help recalling the daily "amazing Thailand" promo on BBC channel were wining and dining shopping and "secure' holiday is shown in fashionable style

I 'trust my noodle soup next door......no stray bullets, gangs, or intimidating body moves.....safe for my family (FOR NOW!!)

Gunmen open fire over gangnam conflict

BANGKOK, Sept 22 – A near-brawl at a Korean gangnam pop dance the previous night led to a salvo of gunfire into a car fired by a group of furious teenagers on Soi Ekamai 30 off Sukhumvit Road on Friday morning.

Klongton police inspected the scene where a bronze-coloured vehicle was hit by scores of 9mm and 11mm bullets which also damaged nearly motorcycles and shophouses.

Pol Lt-Col Apichart Thongchandee, chief of Klongton investigative police, quoted eyewitnesses as saying that three men on motorcycles opened fire at a group of teenagers in a restaurant on Ekamai Soi 30. There was no report of injuries.

He said the initial investigation found that the attackers are teenagers in a nearby community who are frequently engaged in conflicts with the other group.

It was reported that the two groups went to a pub in Petchphraram area and were angry over their competitors who were dancing in the Korean gangnam style. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-22

.Bangkok gangs danced 'Gangnam Style' before Ekkamai gun battle, report claims

So, in Thailand the real tough guy's are dancing in the streets?Where I come from they were called pussy's

badass.jpg

7903_bad_ass_chain.jpg

Edited by KRS1

My car was hit while I was driving past Ekamai.

post-46810-13482165791448_thumb.jpg

Sure it is not one of those taxi/pickup stickers?

Like drug, abuse of this dance contribute nothing, can lead to death.

Hence like drug, if should be ban, and any one caught doing it should be punish by law to the fullest.

It is time to call back Thaksin to solve this social ill.

Edited by chotthee

My car was hit while I was driving past Ekamai.

post-46810-13482165791448_thumb.jpg

Sure it is not one of those taxi/pickup stickers?

Like drug, abuse of this dance contribute nothing, can lead to death.

Hence like drug, if should be ban, and any one caught doing it should be punish by law to the fullest.

You really do live a sheltered life. How do them crack downs end?

Say what you like about the man this was one area where he succeeded in making a difference.

We may not have agreed with pogroms like the 'war on drugs' but they were universally popular and boy did they make a difference.