No One In Thailand Wants To Listen To The Hard Truth

webfact

Such as the co-founder, along with Thaksin, of the Thai Rak Thai Party, on the TRCT.

Several of the committee members have direct links with the PAD

Since buchholz doesn't actually mention who he means, I guess he is talking about the chairman, Kanit Na Nakorn

Sondi was also a Thaksin fan - his paper once called Thaksin "Thailand's best prime minister ever".

Coming back to the TRCT chairman, Kanit Na Nakorn, a former TRT member, was also appointed by the junta to investigate the deaths in Thaksin's war on drugs. I am certain the Junta would have picked a close ally of Thaksin for that task. wink.png

so I see that B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z went on a tear but forgot to mention which TRCT committee member he meant when he stated that a TRT co-founder was on the committee.

It he meant the chairman, then no one should confuse him with a possible ally of Thaksin. AFAIK, Abhisit did not appoint any Thaksin allies to the TRCT.

But perhaps B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z will clear that up.

I'm enjoying your quotes of yourself quite a bit. Always funny to see someone talking to themselves. :lol::D

As there's only one member of the TRCT that was a co-founder of the Thai Rak Thai Party with Thaksin, there's no pot of gold at the end of your investigative prowess rainbow to discover it was Kanit..... well, duh.

As for Abhisit having "allies" on the TRCT that I asked of birdpooguava, I see he's indisposed now to reply. Do you have information on that which doesn't originate from the same Red Shirt Chairwoman Thida who pooh-pooh's the whole report?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth hurts.

You know what it can be like sometimes when you try to call a spade a spade here. When you tell your wife or girlfriend something and they put their fingers in their ears singing 'la la la la'.

If Thailand can start accepting the truth and learns to not take itself so seriously, then progress can be made. There are many ways of judging a culture and society. The best way for me is to see if a culture or society is able to make fun of itself and laugh.

Why is it always the Western "truth" that is always used to judge other cultures and societies.

Why does it always fail in every country that the West tries to impose it on ?

I know what you are saying. Westerners should not try to make other societies conform with their own preconceptions of what it is like back home.

The point you are missing is much of Thai society goes against precepts of Buddhism, a very Asian concept. My Japanese friends living in Thailand pretty much echo what is said on these forums.

It can be interesting to observe, and even entertaining.

Those criticizing should be careful of what they hope for, cause if Japanese societal values and education came into effect in Thailand, those walking street prices would skyrocket as well as housing, utilities, etc etc.

Since when there more than version of the truth. It either is or isnt? Values can change truth is still truth.

Since when there more than version of the truth. It either is or isnt? Values can change truth is still truth.

Can you rewrite this? Perhaps english is not your main language. I believe the truth = the truth from an empiric standpoint. I don't think I presented a conflicting viewpoint to what you are saying?

I don't know which of the below possibilities you meant.

# Since when is there more than version of the truth?

# Since when there is more than 1 version of the truth.

It's quite amazing how people love to go off topic here. The topic of this thread is whether or not the Thais want to hear the truth, not who came to power because of, or not because of, or maybe because of a coup, or whether any analogies can be drawn to Australian politics. Thai politics is such a joke I suggest we treat it as such and have a good laugh, personally I don't give a rat's ar*e how many coups they have had or are like to have or if the voting system is democratic or whatever ,the great thing is I can choose to go home when I like.

You were the one that brought Australian politics into it when you said that parties weren't thrown out office in the US, UK, Aus etc.

You were the one that brought the coup into it when you said Abhisit became PM as a direct result of the coup.

You seem to be the one who loves going off topic.

:lol:

And he doesn't give a rat's arse in the first place.

• Like 1

- deleted for quote limits -

Several of the committee members have direct links with the PAD

Since buchholz doesn't actually mention who he means, I guess he is talking about the chairman, Kanit Na Nakorn

Sondi was also a Thaksin fan - his paper once called Thaksin "Thailand's best prime minister ever".

Coming back to the TRCT chairman, Kanit Na Nakorn, a former TRT member, was also appointed by the junta to investigate the deaths in Thaksin's war on drugs. I am certain the Junta would have picked a close ally of Thaksin for that task. wink.png

so I see that B-u-c-h-h-o-l-z went on a tear but forgot to mention which TRCT committee member he meant when he stated that a TRT co-founder was on the committee.

It he meant the chairman, then no one should confuse him with a possible ally of Thaksin. AFAIK, Abhisit did not appoint any Thaksin allies to the TRCT.

I'm enjoying your quotes of yourself quite a bit. Always funny to see someone talking to themselves. laugh.pngbiggrin.png

As there's only one member of the TRCT that was a co-founder of the Thai Rak Thai Party with Thaksin, there's no pot of gold at the end of your investigative prowess rainbow to discover it was Kanit..... well, duh.

As for Abhisit having "allies" on the TRCT that I asked of birdpooguava, I see he's indisposed now to reply. Do you have information on that which doesn't originate from the same Red Shirt Chairwoman Thida who pooh-pooh's the whole report?

You post a comment with very selective information and the clear implication that the TRCT might have Thaksin's "allies" appointed to it.

Well that is not the case. And you know it is not the case. Now you have been called on it.

Furthermore, you go on in the following posts to claim that I "railed" against the report when in fact I said the report said many things that I agree with. You presume to know what I think of Spooner, which you do not. And then you take Spooner's comments out of context to give them your own color in contrast to the point he was actually making.

Taken with a healthy dose of baiting & selective post-snipping on your part, I would not claim that your contribution has been very helpful to the forum which is why I continue to leave you on "ignore"... I don't miss anything of value.

Can you rewrite this? Perhaps english is not your main language. I believe the truth = the truth from an empiric standpoint. I don't think I presented a conflicting viewpoint to what you are saying?

The question waa why does the west impose its version of the truth on Thailand. What is the difference between western truth and Thai truth?

In matters of truth there aren't multiple versions? It is either true or a falsehood. U can half half truth but that is exactly what it is. Incomplete. If people want half truths and lies so they feel better, that's ok, but by definition, that isn't the truth.

I'm enjoying your quotes of yourself quite a bit. Always funny to see someone talking to themselves. laugh.pngbiggrin.png

You post a comment with very selective information and the clear implication that the TRCT might have Thaksin's "allies" appointed to it.

Well that is not the case. And you know it is not the case. Now you have been called on it.

How do you know that's not the case? How do I know it's not the case? Are you privy to the inner relationships between co-founders of the Thai Rak Thai Party? I'm not. Certainly on the surface it looks suspect... and no more suspect than the claim I was responding to that claimed that Abhisit had allies on the committee. To date, that's not been expounded on. But you wish to focus only on the other side of the fence. hmmm.....

At the end of the day, as you always say, look at the message, not the messagener. That would mean focusing on the report and not the makeup of the committee.

Furthermore, you go on in the following posts to claim that I "railed" against the report when in fact I said the report said many things that I agree with. You presume to know what I think of Spooner, which you do not. And then you take Spooner's comments out of context to give them your own color in contrast to the point he was actually making.

Taken with a healthy dose of baiting & selective post-snipping on your part, I would not claim that your contribution has been very helpful to the forum which is why I continue to leave you on "ignore"... I don't miss anything of value.

hahaha... your often ignored placement of me on "ignore", more hypocrisy.

As for Spooner, I was just going by your complimentary post of his comments. IF you disagree with him, say so.

How do you know that's not the case? How do I know it's not the case? Are you privy to the inner relationships between co-founders of the Thai Rak Thai Party? I'm not. Certainly on the surface it looks suspect... and no more suspect than the claim I was responding to that claimed that Abhisit had allies on the committee. To date, that's not been expounded on. But you wish to focus only on the other side of the fence. hmmm.....

At the end of the day, as you always say, look at the message, not the messagener. That would mean focusing on the report and not the makeup of the committee.

As for Spooner, I was just going by your complimentary post of his comments. IF you disagree with him, say so.

Don't flatter yourself... it is not that often. Only when I notice you trolling my posts with your little brown pearls of wisdom.

Responding to the rest of the nonsense you just posted would entail additional back which I have no intention of participating in.

Goodbye

The question waa why does the west impose its version of the truth on Thailand. What is the difference between western truth and Thai truth?

In matters of truth there aren't multiple versions? It is either true or a falsehood. U can half half truth but that is exactly what it is. Incomplete. If people want half truths and lies so they feel better, that's ok, but by definition, that isn't the truth.

Truth is dependent on a persons outlook or even the outlook of a culture or society. it is the perception that is important. here is an article from an Asian American that I find interesting as it looks at mis-perceptions

http://goldsea.com/Features2/Essays/get.html

O

Truth is dependent on a persons outlook or even the outlook of a culture or society. it is the perception that is important. here is an article from an Asian American that I find interesting as it looks at mis-perceptions

http://goldsea.com/Features2/Essays/get.html

So we are all sheep? I prefer to not take any statement that could have a political connotation at 100 percent face value. Do your own research to add whatever this committee has given would be the smarter thing to do.

In fact its quite liberating to treat omniscient pooyais with a good dose of cynicism irrespective of which side they are on.

Your article is dealing in the most ridiculous stereotypes. It is a thai asking thais whether they want to accept hard truths. Where did I say that Thais do or don't want to accept it? I asked a genuinely open question to ask what is the difference between western and thai truth? There isnt any as far as i am concerned. Whether or not people want to fund it out for themselves is the issue, since no committee appointed by a government is going to tell u tge whole truth.

To deal in stereotypes would say that Thais dont challenge pooyais to get the truth. Ergo, this committee is not telling the whole unadulterated truth because tge people don't want it.

That has nothing to do with western values of truth, it is an opinion about thai culture, but it doesn't change the fact of the whole truth one iota.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Don't flatter yourself... it is not that often. Only when I notice you trolling my posts with your little brown pearls of wisdom.

Responding to the rest of the nonsense you just posted would entail additional back which I have no intention of participating in.

Goodbye

Good riddance to your hypocrisy.

It's often enough.

Take your trolling, your replies to yourself, and your non-answers to others elsewhere.

Edited by Buchholz