Mexican Food

Ratakhun

Ok well thanks to laceman's recommendation, I checked out bourbon st.'s tuesday mexican buffet yesterday and was impressed. For 320 ++ a person(i think..) you get a pretty good selection of enchiladas, quesadillas, rice, beans (veg and non veg) as well as some mini burritos (more like chimichangas) and other items i cant remember. But the best part was the expansive taco bar. They had about 6 different meat options, and just about every topping you could want. My only complaint with the tacos was that there hard shells were the mini-size, so it made it very difficult to fill the shell with the good stuff.

Decent dessert selection, my gf and i tried the apple pie, lemon tart, and brownie and enjoyed all three. I got there at 6 so things were still fresh and unpicked through because it starts at 5.

anyways, all in all a pretty good experience.

Ok well thanks to laceman's recommendation, I checked out bourbon st.'s tuesday mexican buffet yesterday and was impressed. For 320 ++ a person(i think..) you get a pretty good selection of enchiladas, quesadillas, rice, beans (veg and non veg) as well as some mini burritos (more like chimichangas) and other items i cant remember. But the best part was the expansive taco bar. They had about 6 different meat options, and just about every topping you could want. My only complaint with the tacos was that there hard shells were the mini-size, so it made it very difficult to fill the shell with the good stuff.

Decent dessert selection, my gf and i tried the apple pie, lemon tart, and brownie and enjoyed all three. I got there at 6 so things were still fresh and unpicked through because it starts at 5.

Glad you enjoyed it. Get yourself over to LaMonita at Phloenchit BTS. Don't settle for anything less. They are the best in Bangkok.

Next time just crunch up as many of the shells as you like on a plate and make a taco salad.

I would also recommend La Monita at Ploenchit, and Sunrise Tacos.

In the past Sunrise Tacos wasn't that good, but I think that they have changed over the years by finally adding the ground beef and improving the overall taste of their menu...

Is Tacos and Salsa still open? It used to be very good. The main problem, for me, was the new location at the end of a soi and odd hours. La Monita is where I eat frequently, but it is not cheap. Sunrise Tacos should change its name to Sunrise Burritos :) They make pretty good burritos. No place makes real Tex-Mex (even though many posters here who have no idea what Tex-Mex is will claim otherwise). And no place makes really good Mexican food at a decent price (all are overpriced). And not one makes beef fajitas that you can eat. I would welcome Taco Bell. No, TB is not really that good, but for the price it serves a niche and can get you over the Mexican food craving stage.