Terrorism

PRAVDA

Muslim rebels kill two soldiers, two civilians in Thailand

13:16 2006-01-30

Suspected Muslim separatist rebels fatally shot two soldiers, a teacher and a government bureaucrat in the latest violence in Thailand's restive south, officials said Monday. About 10 suspected rebels opened fire Sunday on soldiers guarding a railway station in Narathiwat province's Ruesor district, killing two soldiers, said Police Maj. Gen. Yongyuth Charoenwanich.

A few hours later, suspected rebels shot dead 38-year-old schoolteacher Hama Daeyideen as he returned from work in nearby Pattani province's Yarang district, Police Maj. Gen. Kokiart Wongworachat.

Also in Yarang, two gunmen stormed the house of bureaucrat Somsak Musamee, 41, and shot him to death, Kokiart said.

More than 1,200 people have been killed in the past two years in attacks the government has blamed on a shadowy group that wants to create an independent Islamic state in southern Thailand, a predominantly Muslim area where many have long complained of discrimination in the Buddhist-majority country.

Since the beginning of 2006, 38 people have been killed in Thailand's three southernmost provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat, reports the AP.

I.L.

=================================================

:o Mod's, why can't I post this on 'Thai News Topic' ?

Muslim hack the Website from Thaiimmigration!

The website

Rather strange that the immigration website seems to be hosted in Denmark :o:D

THAIIMMIGRATION.COM

Image updated 2005-10-15

Alexa Related Sites: 1

thaivisa.com

Website Title: THAIIMIGRATION.COM

Meta Description: Thai Immigration information direct from Thai officials so you can get it right about Visa Rules in Thailand

Meta Keywords: Thai, visa, rule, immigration

Response Code: 200

SSL Cert: No valid SSL on this Host, Get Secure

Alexa Trend/Rank: 0 (1 Month) 4,601,371 (3 Month)

Website Status: Active

Reverse IP: Web server hosts 181 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login)

Server Type: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 PHP/4.3.11 PHP-CGI/0.1b

(Spry.com also uses Apache)

IP Address: 195.128.174.104 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

IP Location: - Copenhagen - Copenhagen - Nn-talkactive

Muslim hack the Website from Thaiimmigration!

The website

Rather strange that the immigration website seems to be hosted in Denmark :o:D

... "IP Location: - Copenhagen - Copenhagen - Nn-talkactive"...

Maybe it's because the servers are more on-line overthere ? :D

:D

More than strange, I'm living in Denmark, and over the last 10 years we have mannaged to accumulate 200,000 Muslims here.

I have forwarded the info to the authorities, and I hope they will take care of the situation

More than strange, I'm living in Denmark, and over the last 10 years we have mannaged to accumulate 200,000 Muslims here.

I have forwarded the info to the authorities, and I hope they will take care of the situation

:D The Malay-Muslims account for 2.3 million people of Thailand's 63 million ... ' Asia News '

or more accurately, "someone" purporting to be Muslim hack the Website from Thaiimmigration.

:o ... maybe they would like to emigrate to Thailand; it's cold overthere in Denmark ... thèrefor they maybe started/hacked that website ? To get some sun ... :D

or more accurately, "someone" purporting to be Muslim hack the Website from Thaiimmigration.

:o ... maybe they would like to emigrate to Thailand; it's cold overthere in Denmark ... thèrefor they maybe started/hacked that website ? To get some sun ... :D

What I was alluding to is that it could have just as easily been Danish (or ANY nationality)

anti-Muslim hate-mongers responsible for the hacking.

What I was alluding to is that it could have just as easily been Danish (or ANY nationality)

anti-Muslim hate-mongers responsible for the hacking.

You are right, it could be anyone, but I still forwarded the info in thé hope they will find who ever did it, I'm not anti muslim, I have a lot of muslim friends after working 30 years in the Middle East, and most of the muslims here in Denmark is against the action, just a stupid newspaper cartoon.