British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least the Thai police actually caught her and her accomplices, the BiB could have believed her done nothing.

They believed it was her from first minute.

Be that as it may, the BIB are to be applauded for not accepting the 'easiest' explanation (given by the wife).

Indeed. If it hadn't been an expat, that might have been the outcome.

why ?...........mai kowjai

Quite frankly I truly believe from experience that Thais love Thais and only tolerate us for our money. I was married to a Thai briefly less than two years. Yes she was a many years younger than me and I was cautious at first and even when I had plans for marriage I called it off, ran away from her village a few weeks before the Buddhist marriage but in the end she found me and I finished what I promised and got married. My instincts were correct because in less than two years I uncovered a Thai boyfriend she was feeding my money to and a few Farlangs she was still talking too. When she was confronted with the facts through the Vonage phone system records she denied everything and become violent and even threatened to kill me in my own house. She also said that she wanted my money and a ticket back to Thailand. I gave her one out of the three wishes. She was a little over 5 feet tall and I was in excellent shape almost 6 feet. Fortunately I had videoed our conversation. I then showed her the Video tape and told her quite simply, "In your country you can say I will kill you and also you could kill me and nothing would happen to you, but this is America Baby! In my country with this tape I could get you up to 10 years in prison or deported back to your country. I have no money to give you but I will give you some cash to take the bus from BKK. You will sign divorce documents today and I will send you and your daughter on a plane tonight. Needless to say she was not happy but gave in and it all happened that day. In the end she said she was most disappointed because I never gave her that new house and new car in Thailand. I learned my lesson but I should have listened to my gut feelings and also friends that told me I was making a big mistake. Now she is back in her hometown with nothing again and has tried to aplogize and wants to come back. I truly believe that if I was back retired in Thailand she would have had me killed if we were still married and the house and car was already in her name.

Congratulations are in order!

I was poisoned. Went through years of hell and know from bitter experience and experience of others that marrying and moving to that place is about the worst decision a person could ever make. Sorry to all those who disagree and best wishes to all those that made it work and are happy, but I will always say it really is not worth the very high risk that it most certainly is.

• Like 2

I can give you a few scenarios I had witnessed while in Thailand. I had a friend, Guenther from Germany who built an new house for his Thai wife next door to my ex Thai's shack. Guenther had brought his Thai wife to Germany a few years back and now for retirement he made the move to Thailand in a small province in North Central Thailand. I met Guenther and we talked. He seemed like he was a bit upset everyday during the building of his house. One day we went to dinner to a restaurant with his wife and mine. At the dinner table his wife told me in his native language, German that he was an ugly buffalo and she could not stand to be with him. I looked over at Guenther and he made no expressions as if he was accustomed to the abuse. I asked my wife about his wife and it was well known in the village that she had many Thai boyfriends and would make trips on the weekend to leave him and be with them. He was probably 66 years old and she was maybe 46. He eventually built the house but I was already divorced and back in country. Whenever I was in Pattaya or BKK I would see other Farangs bring their family and extended family for a meal at the local buffet or restaurant but I have rarely seen a smile on their face but a look of total defeat and discontent. I realize there are success stories out there and I hope they succeed in the tropical paradise dream but beware that Paradise is just a dream and in Thailand it can turn into your biggest nightmare quickly!

I have lots of stories like that where bar girls have been taken from sleeping on the bar floor to having their own house, then seems they become a hi-so and dumping the farang, Had a bloke in the back ground all the time and now they have a house. sad.png
  • Like 2

I would like to point out that this kind of thing happens all over the world NOT just in Thailand.

i was waiting for this one ,...........sure, bad education

corruption

old guys "falling from condos"

jet ski scams

business rip offs

dual pricing

road deaths etc etc ,..........happens everywhere else too,..but its all about %, ...it does'nt happen in the same numbers

• Like 1

I wonder what drove his partner to have him knocked off? I find it hard to believe that this sort of thing would happen to a perfectly happy couple. Still, I'd believe anything in this God forsaken country where money is worshipped as their God.

RIP Mr. Phillip. I hope justice is served and your death, avenged.

Edited by theajarn
  • Like 2

Gentlemen (and ladies of the gentlemen who wish to chime in),

Why get married to someone who can mostly, if not only, see you as a meal ticket? Can one not enjoy all that Thailand has to offer while at the same time treating Thais and Thailand with respect, all the while pumping a fair amount of M1 into the economy, without becoming anchored down? I admire the men who make it work / have found an honorable woman, but the risks seem too great to bear.

Best regards,

(another) Drunken Sailor

• Like 1

I wonder what drove his partner to have him knocked off? I find it hard to believe that this sort of thing would happen to a perfectly happy couple. Still, I'd believe anything in this God forsaken country where money is worshipped as their God.

RIP Mr. Phillip. I hope justice is served and your death, avenged.

A pension, a flat in tge uk, an isa and some cash.

Quite frankly I truly believe from experience that Thais love Thais and only tolerate us for our money. I was married to a Thai briefly less than two years. Yes she was a many years younger than me and I was cautious at first and even when I had plans for marriage I called it off, ran away from her village a few weeks before the Buddhist marriage but in the end she found me and I finished what I promised and got married. My instincts were correct because in less than two years I uncovered a Thai boyfriend she was feeding my money to and a few Farlangs she was still talking too. When she was confronted with the facts through the Vonage phone system records she denied everything and become violent and even threatened to kill me in my own house. She also said that she wanted my money, no divorce but pay while she was in Thailand, and a ticket back to Thailand. I gave her one out of the three wishes. She was a little over 5 feet tall and I was in excellent shape almost 6 feet. Fortunately I had videoed our conversation. I then showed her the Video tape and told her quite simply, "In your country you can say I will kill you and also you could kill me and nothing would happen to you, but this is America Baby! In my country with this tape I could get you up to 10 years in prison or deported back to your country. I have no money to give you but I will give you some cash to take the bus from BKK. You will sign divorce documents today and I will send you and your daughter on a plane tonight. Needless to say she was not happy but gave in and it all happened that day. In the end she said she was most disappointed because I never gave her that new house and new car in Thailand. I learned my lesson but I should have listened to my gut feelings and also friends that told me I was making a big mistake. Now she is back in her hometown with nothing again and has tried to aplogize and wants to come back. I truly believe that if I was back retired in Thailand she would have had me killed if we were still married and the house and car was already in her name.

You're too good a man!

For several years in northern Thailand, I showed fellow farang around town - showed houses and properties for sale. The majority had a Thai wife or g.f. with in toe. Roughly 25% of the women looked 'hard' to me, I use the term 'dead eyed'. Apparently, the farang men couldn't see it. They were so dazzled by hanging with much younger, coffee-colored attractive gals with which they shared touches and beds. Even if it cost a guy Bt2,500/day or more, he must have felt it was well worth it.

Message to farang: Don't feel your only prospect for finding a Thai g.f. or life partner is in a bar. There are some good gals in bars, but they're rare. If you want to find a real quality gal, chances are you got to work at it, and hang in better places than bars. It's not a whole lot different than trying to get cozy with attractive ladies in western countries.

Sorry for the guy in the OP. Same age as me. Indeed, it might have been me, if circumstances were a bit different - and instead, he could be writing this blurb.

Here's a little trick you can try, if you want to see whether your Thai g.f. really likes you. You'll need a small room with two mirrors facing each other. Hug and kiss your gal, and look closely at her expression when she thinks you can't see her. If she's expressionless or bored looking, you can surmise she doesn't really care for you, but is just going through the motions to keep you around for your frequent trips to the ATM. It also works with glass doors or windows, if the lighting is right.

Edited by maidu
  • Like 2

You know, I don't know what to say........the urban myth made real. That poor gentleman looking for some companionship and retirement in the Sun, shot down by a greedy vicious little bitch.

A shocking and disgraceful act, cowardly and reprehensible.....that poor man. That bitch should face the death sentence herself, along with her accomplices,

Complete and utter scum,

agree totally ...but u know mate it happens a lot more than we realise....the philippines is the same .....the usual method is gradual poisoning

Premeditated murder can result in a life sentence or death penalty but executions is rarely carried out nowadays.

Too often, perpetrators can slip away completely, or with a light or mitigated sentence. She could be out angling for a new farang walking ATM boyfriend quicker than you can hear a pretty lady say 'hello, hansom man.'

I would like to point out that this kind of thing happens all over the world NOT just in Thailand.

i was waiting for this one ,...........sure, bad education

corruption

old guys "falling from condos"

jet ski scams

business rip offs

dual pricing

road deaths etc etc ,..........happens everywhere else too,..but its all about %, ...it does'nt happen in the same numbers

agree totally by god it gets tiresome

For several years in northern Thailand, I showed fellow farang around town - showed houses and properties for sale. The majority had a Thai wife or g.f. with in toe. Roughly 25% of the women looked 'hard' to me, I use the term 'dead eyed'. Apparently, the farang men couldn't see it. They were so dazzled by hanging with much younger, coffee-colored attractive gals with which they shared touches and beds. Even if it cost a guy Bt2,500/day or more, he must have felt it was well worth it.

Message to farang: Don't feel your only prospect for finding a Thai g.f. or life partner is in a bar. There are some good gals in bars, but they're rare. If you want to find a real quality gal, chances are you got to work at it, and hang in better places than bars. It's not a whole lot different than trying to get cozy with attractive ladies in western countries.

Sorry for the guy in the OP. Same age as me. Indeed, it might have been me, if circumstances were a bit different - and instead, he could be writing this blurb.

Here's a little trick you can try, if you want to see whether your Thai g.f. really likes you. You'll need a small room with two mirrors facing each other. Hug and kiss your gal, and look closely at her expression when she thinks you can't see her. If she's expressionless or bored looking, you can surmise she doesn't really care for you, but is just going through the motions to keep you around for your frequent trips to the ATM. It also works with glass doors or windows, if the lighting is right.

The only place I met attractive women in Western countries was in bars must of been doing something wrongsad.png

• Like 1

The only place I met attractive women in Western countries was in bars must of been doing something wrongsad.png

Consultant ecologist at work is gorgeous.

Gold digging is never motivated by love or attraction. It is obvious there is only one reason a woman would want to be with a guy old enough to be his grandfather, greed. You play with fire, you risk getting burned. It is so easy for us to make every Thai woman out to be a monster, but this is a universal across gender and across the planet, a very HUMAN trait, not a Thai trait. And it is so easy to criticize a culture, especially when you have no idea what it is like to grow up impoverished, with foreigners coming around and flashing their money in your face. It certainly does not justify murder, but desperate people tend to commit desperate acts. If you want love, find someone on your own level of attractiveness, intelligence, and lifestyle. If you want a trophy, expect a hallow and meaningless statue.

• Like 2

N

I saw a program (cops I think) about a lady in the US who hired someone to kill her husband. There are criminals all over the world, not just in Thailand.

Well looking at the stories available only in the last year, if there are bad people everywhere, why arent thai men being popped off in the same ratio?

Gold digging is never motivated by love or attraction. It is obvious there is only one reason a woman would want to be with a guy old enough to be his grandfather, greed. You play with fire, you risk getting burned. It is so easy for us to make every Thai woman out to be a monster, but this is a universal across gender and across the planet, a very HUMAN trait, not a Thai trait. And it is so easy to criticize a culture, especially when you have no idea what it is like to grow up impoverished, with foreigners coming around and flashing their money in your face. It certainly does not justify murder, but desperate people tend to commit desperate acts. If you want love, find someone on your own level of attractiveness, intelligence, and lifestyle. If you want a trophy, expect a hallow and meaningless statue.

Spot on.

The pickup truck payoff for cold, calculated, conspiracy to commit murder. The death sentence for these partially evolved vegetables. It took so long to pin this down and a British newspaper to track it down.

you cant call the sun a newspaper ,its a filthy rag,only fit to wipe your arse on.

Only last week a Member of Parliament of the ruling Phuea Thai Party Sunai Julphongsathorn urged north eastern Thai women to find a foreign husband as foreign governments would pay for everything down to the ‘shitty diapers’.
At a seminar attended by red shirted supporters of the government he was quite blunt saying the women should get on their backs to achieve their goal.

“Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. All you need is a foreign husband and his government will pay you to study,” he said.

“Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby… It’s all free, right up to the shitty diapers.”

“Having a foreign husband gives you an easy life because European governments give you everything for free.”

From Andrew Drummond's most excellent site.

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

My Isaan wife says, "Do they know that sometimes Farang husbands treat their wives very badly? Still going to bars and seeing other ladies. I don't like this Thai Visa, why do they all hate Thailand? There are good and bad people everywhere."

I know a load of people who have lived there for many years, most happy, some not. The odd disaster but hardly routine. Large age gaps (I'm 19 years my wife's senior) and cultural differences mean these relationships can tend to start behind the 8 ball as expectations are so different. Some blokes come here and expect their much younger Thai wife to behave exactly the same as the spouse they bailed out on in the west, except be much prettier of course.

And before anyones asks, only married 3 years, so I supposedly still have the rose coloured glasses on. But I've lived in a 3rd world country for 20 years (PNG) and have seen many, many large age gap, cross cultural relationships. They aren't all bad and the overwhelming majority of blokes married to Thais are in good, mutually loving relationships.

I'm not for one second condoning or making excuses for the alleged murder in the OP, just going against the trend of this thread in that it is the rare exception, hardly the rule.

Casting general aspersions on Isaan people or Thais in general (though popular on TV) just isn't fair.

did you work for heavylift in png?

Here's another one . . .

Mystery surrounds Wirral millionaire David Farrell's death in Thailand

MERSEYSIDE millionaire David Farrell changed his will four days before he was found dead in his luxury home in Thailand.

A police investigation is currently probing whether 72-year-old David Farrell – who was found naked with bruises on his body – was murdered or the victim of a tragic accident.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/09/01/mystery-surrounds-wirral-millionaire-david-farrell-s-death-in-thailand-100252-31741445/

The pickup truck payoff for cold, calculated, conspiracy to commit murder. The death sentence for these partially evolved vegetables. It took so long to pin this down and a British newspaper to track it down.

you cant call the sun a newspaper ,its a filthy rag,only fit to wipe your arse on.

Have you no respect for your posterior!

Edited by MAJIC

[

Some of us have learned that despite 25+ year marriages, you just can't trust your wife.

Blame it on my bad judgment, blame it on the sort of woman I married (middle class UK school-teacher).

But it happens, and it happens fairly often. Are you so sure your judgment is better?

Sometimes paranoia is the healthy and sensible life option for men.

Yeah, marriage is a man made institution, and though it's been adopted in every day secular life it's also still in many ways a religious one. A large percentage of my acquaintances marriages wouldn't fall into the category of 'happy.' No ill will towards people that do have a good one, but I'm skeptical that it's the norm and there's certainly no mandate in nature towards marriage. One could certainly make the case against pledging yourself to another person for a lifespan. People and relationships change.

In other words I kinda agree. .

Someone else speculated that it was possible that the victim could've been some sort of shady character or abusive, and the evidence was the fact that he was shot to induce pain and a prolonged death. Anything is possible, but this kind of speculation is in bad taste and disrespectful to the dead. Not cool. If you take even a cursory glance at history you'll see it full of violence between races/cultures, there's horrible history in my own country in the not too distant past of lynchings, torture, etc. when a man from another race courted a white woman. And vice versa. The hitman here was the woman's lover, plenty of evidence that this was just cruelty. There hasn't been a shred of real evidence brought forward that he was an abusive husband - I would be cautious in making those implications and drawing that conclusion.

RIP. sad.png

Edited by JaiRaiJaiDee