British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

Murdered for a miserable £12,000,or the price of a run of the mill production car.

It's sad to think what some people will do for money,and the cheapness of a human life.

And the close up gruesome pictures on a thai website of the hit certainly showed they meant business as they didn't miss him!!His wife is a low life piece of s..t!!!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I don't know what to say........the urban myth made real. That poor gentleman looking for some companionship and retirement in the Sun, shot down by a greedy vicious little bitch.

A shocking and disgraceful act, cowardly and reprehensible.....that poor man. That bitch should face the death sentence herself, along with her accomplices,

Complete and utter scum,

This type of story is no urban myth, in fact has happened all too many times. A word to the wise: If your much younger wife has a "brother" hanging around, even for years and years, better make sure it is indeed a sibling and not a lover. Personally know of a couple of these cases ...

So personally you know a couple of complete idiots. This shit would be so easy to spot. A couple of years and not working it out? It makes no sense.

"oh tonight honey I'll stay with my brother"

"Sorry for coming home at 2 am honey, I was with my brother"

"Yes, my brother is not gay. He just doesn't have a girlfiend" For 2 years or more!

"My brother needs money again. I know he has no family he jst needs money again"

"I always kiss my brother like that"

"It's not that he doesn't like you honey, he laughs at everyone behind their back"

Really.

Well, your wrong, cos some of us long timers have seen it all. Many farang are blind, but thats OK, cos we don't expect it. This is LOS, totally different culture where the unexpected can happen and does. sad.png

I'm wrong then. Can't argue with a long timer. But I've seen many a scam, and managed to spot most from a long way off.

And I live in "the land of the unexpected". Google it.

The age, experience, family, desires in life, dreams, personal issues, common ground and all the rest make genuine relationships infinitely harder. Then throw in language and cultural expectations and its even harder.

If the only thing you have incommon as a couple is providing and needing cash, it is infinitely harder again. Sometimes it works, but it isn't nearly as easy as it looks from the outside.

And one of those 'cultural expectations' is to provide for her family, as and when required. They make a big deal of their cultural expectations, but no consideration is given to the foreigner's cultural expectations. Many foreign men, with little experience in a country other than their own, are caught up in the helping her family thing and interpret that the family will think he's a good guy. What the family really thinks is that he's a sucker.

The age, experience, family, desires in life, dreams, personal issues, common ground and all the rest make genuine relationships infinitely harder. Then throw in language and cultural expectations and its even harder.

If the only thing you have incommon as a couple is providing and needing cash, it is infinitely harder again. Sometimes it works, but it isn't nearly as easy as it looks from the outside.

And one of those 'cultural expectations' is to provide for her family, as and when required. They make a big deal of their cultural expectations, but no consideration is given to the foreigner's cultural expectations. Many foreign men, with little experience in a country other than their own, are caught up in the helping her family thing and interpret that the family will think he's a good guy. What the family really thinks is that he's a sucker.

This is really sad and speaks volumes as to the problem. I have seen many a situation in other countries where in-laws actually take side of son or daughter in-law because right thing to do. Don't these people have a single sympathetic bone in their body particularly when their daughter drains some poor guy's life savings and he has no real means to recover financially. Explains the suicide rate in Thailand.

This is really sad and speaks volumes as to the problem. I have seen many a situation in other countries where in-laws actually take side of son or daughter in-law because right thing to do. Don't these people have a single sympathetic bone in their body particularly when their daughter drains some poor guy's life savings and he has no real means to recover financially. Explains the suicide rate in Thailand.

Correct, but if folk receive free cash from wherever, no problem. sad.png

Your missing the point this mainly happens in the relationships with huge age gaps the old ferang is retired and doesn't want his young wife to work ,they want them at home all day to be at their beck and call do their washing ,make their food and what ever else their daily needs are ,of coarse if there is a family problem they ask the old guy to help after all he is stopping their daughter from working.

Now compare that to a middle aged thai/ferang couple who are both working and are not with each other for financial reasons the thai girl will have her own money and can freely help her family if and when needed.

Your missing the point this mainly happens in the relationships with huge age gaps the old ferang is retired and doesn't want his young wife to work ,they want them at home all day to be at their beck and call do their washing ,make their food and what ever else their daily needs are ,of coarse if there is a family problem they ask the old guy to help after all he is stopping their daughter from working.

Now compare that to a middle aged thai/ferang couple who are both working and are not with each other for financial reasons the thai girl will have her own money and can freely help her family if and when needed.

Cool, I just had this momentary feeling empathy by picturing some really nice down to earth older gentleman who may not even have been originally looking for wife being taken for everything he has thinking he was doing the kind thing and then when everything is gone, everyone turns his back on him leaving him broke, heartbroken and unable to go back to work to save more money for the golden years. Sheesh, how is that for a run on sentence?

• Like 1

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

My Isaan wife says, "Do they know that sometimes Farang husbands treat their wives very badly? Still going to bars and seeing other ladies. I don't like this Thai Visa, why do they all hate Thailand? There are good and bad people everywhere."

I know a load of people who have lived there for many years, most happy, some not. The odd disaster but hardly routine. Large age gaps (I'm 19 years my wife's senior) and cultural differences mean these relationships can tend to start behind the 8 ball as expectations are so different. Some blokes come here and expect their much younger Thai wife to behave exactly the same as the spouse they bailed out on in the west, except be much prettier of course.

And before anyones asks, only married 3 years, so I supposedly still have the rose coloured glasses on. But I've lived in a 3rd world country for 20 years (PNG) and have seen many, many large age gap, cross cultural relationships. They aren't all bad and the overwhelming majority of blokes married to Thais are in good, mutually loving relationships.

I'm not for one second condoning or making excuses for the alleged murder in the OP, just going against the trend of this thread in that it is the rare exception, hardly the rule.

Casting general aspersions on Isaan people or Thais in general (though popular on TV) just isn't fair.

Keep living the dream my friend, but be very careful you could be next. Does your young wife have a brother living at your house?

I've known my wife nearly 20 years, married for 9, 2 kids. She's from a poor rural village. We're about the same age and met in a bar.

I was a broke backpacker when I met her and even for the last 8 years we've never been able to save anything - just cover expenses for quite a comfortable lifestyle.

Someone in my family died and now I'm in line for a fairly hefty inheritance. I love my wife and think she loves me. We haven't had a row (ie where shouting ensues) for years.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (halves are allowed), what are the chances of me being violently put down in a mafia-style hit?

Very high, Be careful.

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

My Isaan wife says, "Do they know that sometimes Farang husbands treat their wives very badly? Still going to bars and seeing other ladies. I don't like this Thai Visa, why do they all hate Thailand? There are good and bad people everywhere."

I know a load of people who have lived there for many years, most happy, some not. The odd disaster but hardly routine. Large age gaps (I'm 19 years my wife's senior) and cultural differences mean these relationships can tend to start behind the 8 ball as expectations are so different. Some blokes come here and expect their much younger Thai wife to behave exactly the same as the spouse they bailed out on in the west, except be much prettier of course.

And before anyones asks, only married 3 years, so I supposedly still have the rose coloured glasses on. But I've lived in a 3rd world country for 20 years (PNG) and have seen many, many large age gap, cross cultural relationships. They aren't all bad and the overwhelming majority of blokes married to Thais are in good, mutually loving relationships.

I'm not for one second condoning or making excuses for the alleged murder in the OP, just going against the trend of this thread in that it is the rare exception, hardly the rule.

Casting general aspersions on Isaan people or Thais in general (though popular on TV) just isn't fair.

Keep living the dream my friend, but be very careful you could be next. Does your young wife have a brother living at your house?

She does in fact, well they live next door. I used to think that he and his wife and their kids were so happy. But now that I've been wised up by caring, objective TV posters I know it's all an elaborate scam!

And the rest of the family are in on it too. You'd be amazed what good actors they are. Everyone in the village is on it too! He even pretends to call the actress he lives with's mother his mother in law.

Thank Buddha for TV, or I'd have gone on thinking it really was her brother, perhaps for years. When it's statistically proven that he really is my wife's lover, or maybe even long term husband. My wife told me to stop being ridiculous, but I just can't trust her any more.

Did he know that he'd signed a life insurance policy? This is definitley a country where one should be worth more money alive than dead.

correction to original report: This did not relate to insurance policy - it related to a will written just days before his death. The correction has been made on andrew drummond dot com

Edited by metisdead
: Please do not post using bold font, bold font removed.

I personally buried an English guy, noooooo, l didn't kill him smile.png . He was happily married for many years. When he croaked next day a Thai guy was was driving his truck around with the widow. Later found out that the guy was always in the background. Two years on they are still together, seems they were always together. sad.png

• Like 1

Even though Thailand is a paradise for older man compared to the west, one must still remember that younger women here are really not attracted to them. I hope most older men (Ages 55+) do know this because if you don't you're in big trouble. Always keep your woman here on a leashe and never flaunt your money in front of them. There's a good rule to go by: Your age divided by 2 plus 7. If she's young and from a respectable background then that's fine, but if you're gonna get one of these RPG's (Rice paddy girls) then keep those bitches in the dark in regards to your net worth. If she acts up, leave her and move on.

I've been living here in Thailand for almost two years, still in my 20's and I've heard so many horror stories, and seen some. I know now what to mess with and not. It's sad to see these guys go down like this. When they see 12,000 pounds, in issan where she was from, it's like 7-8 year salary for these people. Can you imaging back in the states if some guy gave his girl 300 thousand U.S. dollars just like that!

Live simple people, keep your girl in check, hide as much as you can from her. Your life depends on it. T.I.T.

Rice Paddy Girls? Did you ever hear that "isaan" covers around 33% of this country? My wife's from a farm and she's pretty cool. So please do not say bad things about my wife, please. Guess some others here agree with me.

Your rule divided by 2 plus 7 seems to be cool! So a 60 year old with a 37 year old woman would be okay? You gotta be kidding---wai.gif

Sorry to confuse you, but I am not disrespecting your wife. I know a lot of issan people here and they're good people, but what I'm saying is that a lot of these girls who "act up" generally come from these areas. It's the poorest region in the country, and people are desperate there. Even other Thai's from the other regions warn me of them. I've dated lots of girls from issan by the way, and still would.

Thai women are known for this around the world. Same as the philippines.

I read a lot of incidents of bad Thai women duping and harming Japanese men (published in Japanese magazines) in which

we rarely hear of here. Concerning the Filipina girls, they are not as bad as the Thai women, just that the filipinas bring their entire

village and family when you marry them.

I guess you haven't been to a Thai wedding yet

By the comment obviously no Thais bring the entire family also. Also Filipinas unlike Thai girls are looking get married, leave the PI, get their green card and US passport after which they take you to the cleaners in the USA! Far more effective than doing it in Asia!

I do not speak by my experience only by learning from my colleague's experiences and seeing it happen again and again and again..

Edited by maprao

I think that one of the biggest issues has to do with how many and who knows u as a couple. Build a social life with friends and family in numerous quantity and you become a part of your society.

Isolate yourself and the more vulnerable you become and the more unhappy your missus will be. If. U genuinely believe your wife enjoys hanging around while u finish your 10th beer, u are sorely mistaken. If u can't even broach a basic conversation with your in law u are in the wrong place.

And definitely don't live in the village with your in laws and not give your missus some face.

I've known my wife nearly 20 years, married for 9, 2 kids. She's from a poor rural village. We're about the same age and met in a bar.

I was a broke backpacker when I met her and even for the last 8 years we've never been able to save anything - just cover expenses for quite a comfortable lifestyle.

Someone in my family died and now I'm in line for a fairly hefty inheritance. I love my wife and think she loves me. We haven't had a row (ie where shouting ensues) for years.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (halves are allowed), what are the chances of me being violently put down in a mafia-style hit?

Very high, Be careful.

Donate it away - to her for example. Then sleep well nights.

Edited by crazydrummerpauly

I think that one of the biggest issues has to do with how many and who knows u as a couple. Build a social life with friends and family in numerous quantity and you become a part of your society.

Isolate yourself and the more vulnerable you become and the more unhappy your missus will be. If. U genuinely believe your wife enjoys hanging around while u finish your 10th beer, u are sorely mistaken. If u can't even broach a basic conversation with your in law u are in the wrong place.

And definitely don't live in the village with your in laws and not give your missus some face.

While living in Issan I only ever drank 10 beers when I was entertaining male Thais, and saw many Thai wives carrying their Thai spouses to the truck after a session of Leo and sangsom, for them to drive the wife and family home.

If you get married to an ignorant ex bar girl from Isaan half of your age or something closer...WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT ???

It's like you marry a rom from an eastern european gipsies ghetto, don't blame the country for your choice !

There are scores of decent women in Thailand (like elsewhere in the world), just change your target !

If you get married to an ignorant ex bar girl from Isaan half of your age or something closer...WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT ???

It's like you marry a rom from an eastern european gipsies ghetto, don't blame the country for your choice !

There are scores of decent women in Thailand (like elsewhere in the world), just change your target !

She wasnt a bar girl, unless she had worked on till.

Think your out of line. My wife is Isaan.

Where are you from ?

I am from South America.

Well, obviously in Isaan as elsewhere in the world (sorry to repeat myself) there are decent women, good for you as I guess you found one of them !

My thought was about 4 conditions to be met simultaneously.

I am from South America.

Well, obviously in Isaan as elsewhere in the world (sorry to repeat myself) there are decent women, good for you as I guess you found one of them !

So ladies in South America are all OK eh. WHY, degrade ladies from a Thai region as all, in your assumption, to be avoided. ? sad.png

Probably my English is not as good as yours BUT...

Nothing against anybody from any region in particular, I just said that :

Ignorant + ex bar girl (or anything related to sex business) + half of the age or something + from Isaan (notoriously the poorest part of the country) = do note expecte endless love but watch your back (and what you drink) !

Claro ?

I am from South America.

Isaan isn't the issue, it is that Isaan women are on the average hunting more for a foreigner, thus, there are a higher percentage of foreign men married to Isaan women than from other parts of the country. If you met my wife's sister, very well to do, good education, great job in Bangkok, and an absolute knock out, I think you would change your opinion. But, just watch out for mum in law. Now that's another story. lol.

Probably my English is not as good as yours BUT...

Nothing against anybody from any region in particular, I just said that :

Ignorant + ex bar girl (or anything related to sex business) + half of the age or something + from Isaan (notoriously the poorest part of the country) = do note expecte endless love but watch your back (and what you drink) !

Claro ?

Your mistake was ''Isaan'', As if women from the region were to be avoided. Tell me where you come from and l will tell you if you should be avoided to square things up. sad.png

Senor "V8 Rules" ...we don't understand each other, do we ? Again it's probably because my English is bad.

I have nothing against "Isaan" region itself or people from there...

Tell you something, I have a colleague from Isaan, well educated, 5 years less than me and (I believe) no sex-industry background but obviously I cannot guarantee for it !

Well, I would marry her tomorrow if I could ! Unfortunately somebody already did :(

And the funny thing is that she is the one who keeps on telling me to avoid "a certain type of ladies from Isaan"...so somebody else made a mistake professor ? :)