British Invasion?

KRS1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old KRS1 seems to have bee in his bonnet today, first this then the go at blaming expats for getting shot by their greedy wives...

do tell OP, what's your f' problem?

btw, the brits have always been here - its just the americans are all tied up on the USA election topics, the ozzies are still talking about cricket matches from the 90's to themselves, the kiwis are looking for beetroot to put on their burgers, the canucks are trying to figure out how to play ice hockey in shorts and sandals, the french have surrendered their board rights, the norwegiens are busy with motorbike issues in pattaya, the russians are trying to bring back white pants into main line fashion - again.

Funny made me smile anyhow....thanks

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Ok, I may be wrong about the distance thing. I was just talking to some Aussie tourists once and they were telling me about how many times they were coming to Thailand. It was explained to me that they went because, partly, because with the costs of a vacation (hotel rooms, food, etc.) in Aussie, it was cheaper to come to Thailand than to go on a vacation in their own country.

the UK has home country music? ...youtube link please i need to laugh.

I tend to laugh at country music no matter who produces it, but particularly that yankee hillybilly stuff. Never mind giggle.gif

thats equally as bad, but when a Brit does it its even worse....

"over paid, over sexed, and over here"

Havnt met an American yet who wasnt loud, il-mannered and a show off, and was either a retired Seal or hitman.....but couldnt talk about it,

extremely wealthy, naturally and the only correct opinion was theirs, and if they wanted your opinion they would give that to you too.

Sorry chaps, but only speaking as I find.

On the flip side, the Aussies I have encountered seem to be genuine, down to earth types, but like the drink a little too much but that's probably just me as I dont drink and tend to notice those that do more. I think the phrase "rough diamond" comes to mind with our Australian fellows.

We cant help it if we're always right. Best thing to do is to learn how to deal with it and ask a lot of questions.

...and stop asking us to borrow money.

• Like 1

I take it you've never been to a country and western pub in Fife, then?

I think this is the link you wanted

SC

ok i watched it and it appears that the Brits have their own version of country music. Willie Nelson it's not...instead of laughng i almost cried. crying.gif

As a tribute to the British I am going to have fish and chips for lunch made by a mexican in Los Angeles.

G'day chaps !

Amazingly enough we also have British Blues bands - some of them quite successful...and don't even mention British Jazz....

I want to see some Ashes talk on here.....or why Aussies are geographically better placed for Thailand?

Its 12 hrs from the UK and 10 from Oz....its hardly a quick hop to Nice for the weekend....

or Portobello ...

They both have beaches.....there the similarity ends I'm afraid David. Made me hungry for mushrooms though...biggrin.png

Havnt met an American yet who wasnt loud, il-mannered and a show off, and was either a retired Seal or hitman.....but couldnt talk about it,

extremely wealthy, naturally and the only correct opinion was theirs, and if they wanted your opinion they would give that to you too.

On the flip side, the Aussies I have encountered seem to be genuine, down to earth types, but like the drink a little too much but that's probably just me as I dont drink and tend to notice those that do more. I think the phrase "rough diamond" comes to mind with our Australian fellows.

We cant help it if we're always right. Best thing to do is to learn how to deal with it and ask a lot of questions.

You only got more money because "the Fed" dont know how to stop printing it !

How big is the American debt ?...cheesy.gif

Edited by CharlieH

Feel free to post excerpts from Ricky Ponting's new book "Dealing with Humiliation and Failure Part II".

The irony is that ole' smokes doesn't even particulary like the fine game of Cricket ... Tennis, for him, that's a different ball game.

You know what they say, as you get older your balls get lighter and smaller. :(

Edited by Payboy

Feel free to post excerpts from Ricky Ponting's new book "Dealing with Humiliation and Failure Part II".

The irony is that ole' smokes doesn't even particulary like the fine game of Cricket ... Tennis, for him, that's a different ball game.

Love a good Ashes tour....mind you beating a mediocre Aussie team is no great achievement....not like the 2006 victory...now that was one for any Brit to savour!

You only got more money because "the Fed" dont know how to stop printing it !

How big is the American debt ?...cheesy.gif

You have to love America for easy credit !...where else can you manipulate your credit score to be 800+ Experian within 3 years?

You Brits are deprived of oppurtunity.

Ok, I may be wrong about the distance thing. I was just talking to some Aussie tourists once and they were telling me about how many times they were coming to Thailand. It was explained to me that they went because, partly, because with the costs of a vacation (hotel rooms, food, etc.) in Aussie, it was cheaper to come to Thailand than to go on a vacation in their own country.

The way I see it is... Thailand to Aussies is like Spain is to Brits. Its not too far away to travel to and its a hell of a lot cheaper than their own country.

the UK has home country music? ...youtube link please i need to laugh.

I tend to laugh at country music no matter who produces it, but particularly that yankee hillybilly stuff. Never mind giggle.gif

thats equally as bad, but when a Brit does it its even worse....

its not unusual i am welsh you now.yachi da.

The way I see it is... Thailand to Aussies is like Spain is to Brits. Its not too far away to travel to and its a hell of a lot cheaper than their own country.

You poor misguided child, geography not your strong point I see, let me enlighten you a little

Sydney to Bangkok = 4675 miles

London to Barcelona = 700 miles

Not quite the same eh ?

Edited by CharlieH