British Invasion?

KRS1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just listening to this guy and I think he is very humorous. Would this guy be allowed speak like this in the USA or would he be banned.

In New York City he'd be appreciated. In California the scandal that this recording exists would go on for weeks.

Eg, the remark about the Marines holding hands would be seen as "an insult to the honor and dignity of ..." etc.

I was just listening to this guy and I think he is very humorous. Would this guy be allowed speak like this in the USA or would he be banned.

Loved the guy and laughed out loud. Not sure why you would wonder about the USA, though. I have run across this kind of humor by people ranging from waiters to tour guides on more than a few occasions.

I mean you "push" it, so it must be a "pushbike". If you had meant "bicycle" you would have said "bicycle"; besides you don't "push" a bicycle, you peddle it.

Personally I don't sell bicycles, I pedal them.

So you're not a pusher then?

He's a Pedlar but be careful not to push him to far :)

In New York City he'd be appreciated. In California the scandal that this recording exists would go on for weeks.

Eg, the remark about the Marines holding hands would be seen as "an insult to the honor and dignity of ..." etc.

I have only been to NYC once, but from that experience, IMHO his humour wouldd fit in very well there. Some of the people in Manhattan were hysterically funny. The guy in the video claims to be irish (with a southern english accent). Maybe that explains the link between him and NYC humour.

Then again, maybe not.

Actually at many things they do,I have a friend in the Uk who works for Williams racing on the F1 cars sometimes they send parts off to be made in Japan and when they get them back and test them they're far better than any other ones they get made be it Uk or U.S or German and they still cant figure out "how" they've done it

Oh yeah I forgot about the cars.

Thank you Britain for giving the world Lucas electrical systems and British Leyland. smile.png And let's not forget all those Jaguars you sent over in the 1970's and 1980's. Granted, America produced crap cars during this period too. However, it was not necessary to have parts shipped accross the ocean to repair the crap cars either. smile.png

Noooooooooooooo dont thank them for cars in the 70-80's..i had a Jaguar XJ12 and it was constantly breaking down.

We had to throw a chevy 350 shortblock in there.

we had to perfect that too.

Remember the cars you where driving when the e-type Jag landed in the good old USA and then don forget the cars you made to try and keep up with it took you some time i think and dont forget the great Ralph Nader the first consumer champion and his fight with the car makers to make cars that where safe to drive on tarmac roads i wont remind you where that come from.