British Invasion?

KRS1

Whenever i think of a British Streetcowboy i think of the guy on the Monopoly board game.

Its not right

mono.jpg

I take it you've never been to a country and western pub in Fife, then?

I think KRS1 is unaware that the concept of line dancing was probably invented in the Rosyth Dockyard Club on a Friday night several decades ago!

Of course when our 'cousins from over the pond' got hold of it they changed it forever and gave it a glitzy facelift. The purpose of getting served at the bar was lost forever....:(

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on though??? didnt the British colonise America which would make him??? ha haaaaa

There were numerous countries, not just the British... you did however try to control it, but we kicked you out and threw away your tea.

Hang on though??? didnt the British colonise America which would make him??? ha haaaaa

There were numerous countries, not just the British... you did however try to control it, but we kicked you out and threw away your tea.

Ahh, so numerous countries colonized the US which means effectively you are all mongrels of mixed races then. Unless you have true native American blood you are not even "real" Americans.

Edited by CharlieH

Best you go away and study the Industrial Revolution my friend.

we perfected that too with the 'assembly line'....biggrin.png

I think the Japs did a better finishing job on that to be honest! rolleyes.gif

The Japs do a better job at everything.

No good if you havent got anything to assemble though?

...and he missed this little part of history...

http://en.wikipedia....chard_Arkwright

I don't think it was bettered in that industry. The use of robots was just an extension of the changes that Arkwright bought in. He took power and distributed it to devices to reduce the man-power and skill-sets required to complete a product.

Edited by draftvader

Yeah spiteful buggers, something else you stole from us.

I think the Japs did a better finishing job on that to be honest! rolleyes.gif

The Japs do a better job at everything.

Actually at many things they do,I have a friend in the Uk who works for Williams racing on the F1 cars sometimes they send parts off to be made in Japan and when they get them back and test them they're far better than any other ones they get made be it Uk or U.S or German and they still cant figure out "how" they've done it

No good if you havent got anything to assemble though?

...and he missed this little part of history...

http://en.wikipedia....chard_Arkwright

I don't think it was bettered in that industry. The use of robots was just an extension of the changes that Arkwright bought in. He took power and distributed it to devices to reduce the man-power and skill-sets required to complete a product.

Careful he's already taking a beating from uscheesy.gif

OK I gotta surrender and do something more useful than sit here all day slagging off countries.

Ahh, so numerous countries colonized the US which means effectively you are all mongrels of mixed races then. Unless you have true native American blood you are not even "real" Americans.

Being American just means you live here. It doesnt have to mean you were made here. If you go down south there's quite a few mongrels indeed.

America is the great melting pot !

Actually at many things they do,I have a friend in the Uk who works for Williams racing on the F1 cars sometimes they send parts off to be made in Japan and when they get them back and test them they're far better than any other ones they get made be it Uk or U.S or German and they still cant figure out "how" they've done it

Oh yeah I forgot about the cars.

Thank you Britain for giving the world Lucas electrical systems and British Leyland. :) And let's not forget all those Jaguars you sent over in the 1970's and 1980's. Granted, America produced crap cars during this period too. However, it was not necessary to have parts shipped accross the ocean to repair the crap cars either. :)

Being American just means you live here. It doesnt have to mean you were made here. If you go down south there's quite a few mongrels indeed.

America is the great melting pot !

No it doesnt..I lived and worked in American for quite a while and i am not American

Thank you Britain for giving the world Lucas electrical systems and British Leyland. smile.png And let's not forget all those Jaguars you sent over in the 1970's and 1980's. Granted, America produced crap cars during this period too. However, it was not necessary to have parts shipped accross the ocean to repair the crap cars either. smile.png

At least when they worked they went round cornerstongue.png

Oh bugger I promised to bow out!!

Edited by travelmann

Thank you Britain for giving the world Lucas electrical systems and British Leyland. smile.png And let's not forget all those Jaguars you sent over in the 1970's and 1980's. Granted, America produced crap cars during this period too. However, it was not necessary to have parts shipped accross the ocean to repair the crap cars either. smile.png

Noooooooooooooo dont thank them for cars in the 70-80's..i had a Jaguar XJ12 and it was constantly breaking down.

We had to throw a chevy 350 shortblock in there.

we had to perfect that too.

Noooooooooooooo dont thank them for cars in the 70-80's..i had a Jaguar XJ12 and it was constantly breaking down.

Must have been crap because Ford then bought Jaguarcheesy.gif

Must have been crap because Ford then bought Jaguarcheesy.gif

I cant do this much longer im cracking up!!

Lets give our colonial cousin some help with truely American inventions which have contributed to the civilised world as we know it...my contribution... McDonalds.... thereby contributing to the growing problem of obesity on a world wide scale..

Lets give our colonial cousin some help with truely American inventions which have contributed to the civilised world as we know it...my contribution... McDonalds.... thereby contributing to the growing problem of obesity on a world wide scale..

Dont forget KFC, although Colonel Sanders is suspect because he looks Chinese.
  • Like 1

Dont forget KFC, although Colonel Sanders is suspect because he looks Chinese.

I was originally going to give American credit for the invention of all fast food, then it occured to me that Sandwiches were invented by a British peer...thumbsup.gif

Nooooooo thats not fair hamburger name came from Hamburg.

And here we have an American who has named himself after a hugely famous fellow American and who after 9 pages, still doesn't get the reference on page 1.

The world is big enough for only one legendary KRS One.

I'd never heard of either of them until today. coffee1.gif

My instinct is that you are probably mistaken.

The change I have noted is a marked increase in 'Merrrrcans.

'Merrrrcans are of course a distinctive ethnic minority in the USA who have long been persecuted for their directness,their subtle humor,their depraved eating habits and primitive rural style.

They can in fact be very amusing, in a rugged sort of way, and wonderful for eating up leftovers after a party.

Regrettably most of them only speak English as a second language and they rarely learn to speak other languages. This can make communication difficult and often produces a robust if not aggressive response in the larger males of the community.

With retraining they can make wonderful companions.

Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni
  • Like 1

My instinct is that you are probably mistaken.

The change I have noted is a marked increase in 'Merrrrcans.

'Merrrrcans are of course a distinctive ethnic minority in the USA who have long been persecuted for their directness,their subtle humor and sophisticated rural style.

They can in fact be very amusing,in a rugged sort of way, and wonderful for eating up leftovers after a party.

Regrettably most of them only speak English as a second language and they rarely learn to speak other languages. This can make communication difficult and often produces a robust if not aggressive response in the larger males of the community.

AKA .... Rednecks !

The American sense of humour is not too far off from the British, imo we just take more time to get to know someone before 'shooting the shit' (takin the piss)...but when we do, we probably mess with you more than a Brit would !

The British sense of humour and American sense of humour are miles a part, I have seem this first hand when I worked in the states for a while, futher you only have to look at the British comedy shows which have been imported into the states over the last few years and had to be adapted the the US sense of humour, the two that spring to mind are "The office" and "Shameless"....

If they used "Shamless" in its orginal form in the US, there would be an uproar, as dont think the US has come to grips with the concept of black comedy as yet

I remember the first TV shows Graham Norton did in the USA. He interviewed loads of big stars and they couldn't believe just how lewd he was cheesy.gif