British Invasion?

KRS1

..... I see the OP is "on an extended vacation" in the L.A. allegedly watching "old chubby men with unshaven faces walking around in drag"..... Have all our brollies and bowlers scared him off? What a bunch of jolly rascals we are.

So sorry, old boy. Do pop back for a spot of tiffin soon..

Toodle pip wink.png

Just checked the forum rules, and can't find one that says "Colonials only"..... but don't worry, no one is going to make you feel in any way inferior......unless you give us good reason... whistling.gif

Was just asking if there were more Brits than usual.

Is it normal behavior to lie and twist words around, or is it a part of being British?

edit: what the hell is a Toodle pip ?

See you still havent found that sense of humour then??

I see you havent read through to the 2nd and 3rd pages.

I still dont know what the hell a Toodle pip is.

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill, KRS1. No one is punching (but if we do, it will be 100% Marquis of Queensberry rules, OK?)....far too busy laughing at the image of Mr Bean on crystal meth clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I'd like to think that the catalyst for your original question was the heightened quality of posts, but I somehow doubt this will be the case now.

Dont worry, i know some of you are actually cool in person. Its when you guys run out of meth that you start to get troublesome. tongue.png

Hell, that's nothing....just wait till you see us after a nice cup of tea....we can get quite frisky.

Earl Grey obviously, and please speak the Queens English, its " tootle loo", dont forget to extend the little finger whilst sipping the tea.

Let's get the ball rolling

Fawlty Towers

The IT Crowd-Draftvader that is for you

Mr. Bean

Keeping Up Appreances (Mrs Bucket)

Gavin and Stacey

The Royle Family

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

Friday Night Dinner

Not the nine oclock news

Black adder

Shameless

The Young ones

Some very good British comedies in these lists.

Dont forget

The Two Ronnies

Some Mothers do have em

Are u being served

Absolutely Fabulous

Ill have a look at that list u posted Williaminbkk

In Australia we were fed a heavy diet of British comedy

For the more high-brow amongst you and, very probably, some of the greatest acting and script-writinng to EVER appear on a television sitcom anywhere in the world:

Yes Minister &

Yes Prime Minister

In fact, I would be so bold as to say that it is a VERY astute political education that is as relevant today as it was then AND will provide an exacting insight into Thai politics too!

Fawlty Towers

Mr. Bean

Gavin and Stacey

The Royle Family

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

Friday Night Dinner

Not the nine oclock news

Black adder

Shameless

The Young ones

Some very good British comedies in these lists.

Dont forget

The Two Ronnies

Some Mothers do have em

Are u being served

Absolutely Fabulous

Ill have a look at that list u posted Williaminbkk

In Australia we were fed a heavy diet of British comedy

On the buses.

Rising damp.

Hancock's half hour.

Chewin the fat.

Mrs Browns boys.

Edited by LennyW

For the more high-brow amongst you and, very probably, some of the greatest acting and script-writinng to EVER appear on a television sitcom anywhere in the world:

Yes Minister &

Yes Prime Minister

In fact, I would be so bold as to say that it is a VERY astute political education that is as relevant today as it was then AND will provide an exacting insight into Thai politics too!

Haha it was of its time....bit like the puppet show Spitting Image.

Yes Minister &

Yes Prime Minister

smokie36, when did you last watch them? Might need refreshing....bit more timeless than Spitting Image. That said, what would you do to see today's politicians being lampooned by the rubbery ones?

Yes Minister &

Yes Prime Minister

smokie36, when did you last watch them? Might need refreshing....bit more timeless than Spitting Image. That said, what would you do to see today's politicians being lampooned by the rubbery ones?

Sadly our modern politicians would need half a dozen Sir Humph's to make it through an easy day!

Spitting Image wouldn't work as no one would recognise many of the characters.

Politics in the UK is a dead subject...might as well turn Parliament into a tea shop for the tourists....

I'm a fan of political/social humor.

My all-time cynicism award for this goes to The Thick of It/In the Loop.

In case you don't know it's back, just started a few weeks ago. Now Malcolm's side is the opposition.

There was a French movie in the 1990s, which I can't recall the name of (a guy from the countryside goes to Paris to ask the king to help his community, but when he gets there he finds he cannot get past the royal court -- if someone knows the title please tell).

At one point there is a fellow who just returned from UK, he tells of a strange way of speaking they have in Britain that he really can't follow -- it's called humour.

Is it me or are there more and more British on Thaivisa lately?

You've actually checked everyones teeth? ohmy.png

I aint got no teef. cept the ones I paid for?

Must dash me masters calling me got to get back up those chimney Mary Poppins

Edited by travelmann

"over paid, over sexed, and over here"

Havnt met an American yet who wasnt loud, il-mannered and a show off, and was either a retired Seal or hitman.....but couldnt talk about it,

extremely wealthy, naturally and the only correct opinion was theirs, and if they wanted your opinion they would give that to you too.

Sorry chaps, but only speaking as I find.

On the flip side, the Aussies I have encountered seem to be genuine, down to earth types, but like the drink a little too much but that's probably just me as I dont drink and tend to notice those that do more. I think the phrase "rough diamond" comes to mind with our Australian fellows.

We cant help it if we're always right. Best thing to do is to learn how to deal with it and ask a lot of questions.

...and stop asking us to borrow money.

Dont worry we'll just keep inventing things and give them to you, Harriers ok are they or have you mastered that F35 yet?? better late than never eh, well its only 50 years between emwhistling.giftongue.png

The British sense of humour and American sense of humour are miles a part, I have seem this first hand when I worked in the states for a while

Well since we are on the subject, could someone please explain to me Monty Python. I still don't get it.

Kidney donation? OOOPS Liver donation!!

Edited by travelmann
  • Like 1

Yes Minister &

Yes Prime Minister

Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister ... are still being shown on the 'secondary' free Tv network.

Still relevant and still funny.

Kenny Everett anyone?

opps, all good ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Lucky you BookMan....we got Neighbours and Cell Block H in return! bah.gif

Yeh ... sorry about that ... goof.gif

Huge fan of the Two Ronnies.

We Aussies fully acknowldege that English Comedy is in a Class of it's own.

Is there a Scottish equivilant? ph34r.png

Chewin the Fat...Still Game etc...

"over paid, over sexed, and over here"

Havnt met an American yet who wasnt loud, il-mannered and a show off, and was either a retired Seal or hitman.....but couldnt talk about it,

extremely wealthy, naturally and the only correct opinion was theirs, and if they wanted your opinion they would give that to you too.

Sorry chaps, but only speaking as I find.

On the flip side, the Aussies I have encountered seem to be genuine, down to earth types, but like the drink a little too much but that's probably just me as I dont drink and tend to notice those that do more. I think the phrase "rough diamond" comes to mind with our Australian fellows.

We cant help it if we're always right. Best thing to do is to learn how to deal with it and ask a lot of questions.

...and stop asking us to borrow money.

Dont worry we'll just keep inventing things and give them to you, Harriers ok are they or have you mastered that F35 yet?? better late than never eh, well its only 50 years between emwhistling.giftongue.png

everytime you flip that light switch remember who invented the light bulb and the stealth fighter cool.png

You guys make some great beer (ale) though !... Love Newcastle !

Fawlty Towers

Mr. Bean

Gavin and Stacey

The Royle Family

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

Friday Night Dinner

Inbetweeners , Bottom, Young Ones