Thailand's Skin-Whitening Craze Reaches Woman's Intimate Areas

webfact

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - I guess a run of before and after pictures could clarify its worth.

That actually is the best, in this product placement:

Who ever will complain and show the proof in a court

case?

Worst case, they'll stop buying!

But others starting.

Well done

clap2.gif

Edited by noob7

I often ask my Thai girlfriend to repeat after me:

Black is beautiful.

White is bad.

try getting a Thai person to say that 100 times! What utter rubbish. How many of us prefer darker skin? Personally I find skin too white to look homely, sickly and ghostly. What have the Thai people succumbed to this utter nonsense? Why are some persons in a position of authority not stepping up, to try to

educate, and convince the Thai people how wrong all of this is? Why the obsession?

i am pretty sure all this whitening stuff is causing CANCER in the long run, but hey, mai pen rai, thais live from day to day

and "face" is everything ...

so thais also have everything shaven or waxed overthere, otherwise pretty useless to have an extra pair of white lips

If you think about it once you start say by whitening your face that would automatically lead to your neck, you could stop there but you would look a bit silly when getting your kit off for the boyfriend who no doubt would have something to say about your tit's being a different colour from your face and so it goes on wink.png

This makes sense. Imagine unpacking the new found coroner's delight and upon removal of the granny panties finding the brown patch.

So I've read here on countless posts westerners boasting about their pale skinned Chinese-Thai wives (I'll leave the PHDs out as it doesn't relate), so we have the foreigners basically saying that the Thais are superior when white. The ads in magazines and on TV every night show better lifestyles when you are white, also being hi-so is to be white.

And then the same mob here are having a go at the Thais that are doing exactly what constant societal pressure is telling them do do, turn white. You can't have it both ways, pretty rascist really.

Does remind me though of my western girlfriends back in Oz when I was a tad younger, lovely brown all over through sun exposure 9 months of the year, except for the vaginal area. Funny how every girl back then wanted to be brown and we all thought they looked better that colour, yet here that natural colour is looked down upon and we need to find Chinese-Thais so we can through them be socially acceptable to Thais (or prove our wives aren't out of Pattaya)...sounds like low self esteem to me.

• Like 1

I often ask my Thai girlfriend to repeat after me:

Black is beautiful.

White is bad.

try getting a Thai person to say that 100 times! What utter rubbish. How many of us prefer darker skin? Personally I find skin too white to look homely, sickly and ghostly. What have the Thai people succumbed to this utter nonsense? Why are some persons in a position of authority not stepping up, to try to

educate, and convince the Thai people how wrong all of this is? Why the obsession?

I don't think the Thais are caring what us farang feel or like, it's the society, just the same as in the west, colour is healthy and beautiful. Anti-cancer campaigners try to convince people tanning beds and trying to get a tan is a bad idea, but skin cancer is on the rise. So maybe we shouldn't preach when we (in our western society) do the EXACT same thing!

I find stupid this fashion to have a white face to copy all as farang women. In Europe if you are white you're "poor" or don't like to go to hot places. There you have more chances if you look as a luk krung to get a job or another things. Finally the Bangkokians people look more Farang than the real Thais !

In Thailand in 21st century, people living as 2 centuries ago in Europe when the women used umbrellas to keep their skin white. Only the farmers who must work all day under the hard sun became bronzed.

Whitening beauty salons, I never see so many than there ! Here in Europe it's not on streets. All for beauty without avoid swindles !

But in Thailand it's two worlds: this from Bangkok (a mix of Europe and Thailand) and the real Thailand, the countryside with dark skin people. Farangs who want a thai women want a real thai girl with a darker body not a "Farang wrong copy thai woman" who will look as a Farang woman. Once you "tasted" a real thai woman you will find the farang woman tasteless without colour.

I don't like Bangkok people them looking as European people: tasteless ! I prefer the countryside with smiling and charming people. But badly the muslims and bangkokians people coming in Isan and will completely make disappear the real Thailand but that's another story !

Huh....where are you from..since when were Thais living in Bangkok a mix of Thai and European... umm... and no, they don't want to look european, they just don't want to appear as a farmer or labourer who spends too much time in the sun.

And how do you know what farangs want? Seriously...I don't even get where your post is coming from.

"In the adverts, which are available online, on TV and on radio, a fair-skinned woman in skinny jeans wanders into her closet to change clothes, describing how "everyone wants to look good – but tight shorts can leave your skin darker".

​Tight shorts can l;eave your skin darker? Are they on LSD? --sick.gif

Actually its true, if you even did a quick Google search... There's many reason for darkening on skin in skin fold areas (under arms and down there). Check information before criticizing it.

http://www.simple-remedies.com/skin-care/dark-pubic-area-causes-remedies.html

These days, rice farmers wear long sleeves, trousers, wide-brimmed hats and gloves. According to DRAFTFCB, the agency behind many of Nivea's skin-lightening ads in Thailand, such labourers make up much of of the Thai market for Nivea's face- and body-lightening products.

And, of course, these are the very people who can least afford to be wasting their hard earned money on such totally useless products.

The manufacturers and the ad companies should be ashamed.

Oh, right. This is Thailand, no such thing as shame, so let's take the poor for everything they've got.

Again just bashing Thailand? Common, you can't honestly believe the exact same thing doesn't happen in the west? It's called freedom to purchase what you want. What should they do...advertise and say, sorry not for the poor, we only recommend those with money to buy it. Think it's small compared to the cost of drinking and smoking on the poorer parts of society.

I get pretty bored and tired of the number of people who just bash, criticize, flame Thailand, Thais etc when they can just for the sake of it. Is it a superiority complex? Thailand has many things that are strange, wrong, backwards. But making out as if it's ONLY Thailand and Thai's is ridiculous. All the same stuff happens in the west, all the time, to the same degree. Didn't your parents teach you, if you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything. blink.png

• Like 1

giggle.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif Love this planet. Where else in the entire universe? Right?

Umm, everywhere in the west where these creams have been sold for many many many years already. Because believe it or not, even 'white girls' can face darkening down there, which they might feel is a turn off personally.

Shame when you try to be smart, but end up looking un-knowledgeable and stupid? Sorry, but bit tired of the many stupid comments in this thread.

giggle.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif Love this planet. Where else in the entire universe? Right?

Umm, everywhere in the west where these creams have been sold for many many many years already. Because believe it or not, even 'white girls' can face darkening down there, which they might feel is a turn off personally.

Shame when you try to be smart, but end up looking un-knowledgeable and stupid? Sorry, but bit tired of the many stupid comments in this thread.

Umm Shame when you try to flame! Read my posted it was written for the people such as you. Lighten uplaugh.png

I have started to take pleasure in asking Thai women, who obviously use some whitening agents on their faces, if they are unwell and suffering from some horrible ghost like ailment, without letting the cat out the bag of course and keeping a straight face. Their reactions can be highly amusing, but hopefully stimulate a little thought that may help them to stop wasting money.

Umm Shame when you try to flame! Read my posted it was written for the people such as you. Lighten uplaugh.png

Ahh yeh...seems I mis-read/took what you were saying. Apologies for that. Took what you said the wrong way...in fact now re-reading, I totally agree.

Public apology for my hastiness. sorry.gif

Has anyone explained how having a pale genital area """is associated with opportunity, success and status""" ?

Have you seen the price of this stuff, forget retina scans to prove your identity, I would expect that soon all seating in whichever airport Thailand has functioning at the time will be fitted with an asscan, the lighter the brown, the better the chance of an upgrade, of course any Merc or BMW will have already forwarded these small details to the check-in staff beforehand.