Saeco Odea Go Auto Coffee Machine "troubleshooting"

fareastguy

h90..

Yes I have emailed to "Boncafe" in BKK & Hua Hin of which I am in the middle, both have said very little as to what the problem may be or how to check further on my own, both say take it in for a service.

When pressed a little further saying I wished to try to resolve the issue & fit the replacement parts myself they seemed reluctant to help any further.

All the things I have done so far have been gleaned from the internet & from your brilliant posts..

Harry:

Haven't checked the price of EMS or registered delivery service but.. apparently there is a mini bus service that goes from my town Nakhon Pathom to Hua Hin for Bt180 each way, so I could take it myself for that price or ask the driver to drop it off for me as "Boncafe" is located on the main road in Hua Hin which they drive past every time.

Will have to take a few minutes to have a chat with the driver..

Up to now I've just tried to resolve the problem & have the parts posted to me to fit at home but my best intentions so far have got me nowhere.. looks like "plan B"

Thanks to all for your continued assistance.. most appreciated.

h90..

Yes I have emailed to "Boncafe" in BKK & Hua Hin of which I am in the middle, both have said very little as to what the problem may be or how to check further on my own, both say take it in for a service.

When pressed a little further saying I wished to try to resolve the issue & fit the replacement parts myself they seemed reluctant to help any further.

All the things I have done so far have been gleaned from the internet & from your brilliant posts..

I wrote them in Germany, not in Thailand and told them if they have an idea as I sit in the no-where in Thailand.

I didn't know that there is a Saeco in Thailand.

h90

There's not a true Saeco dealership as such in Thailand, Boncafe is a major importer of many brands of coffee machines & supplies.

They have a service facility with technicians who can have a crack at most machines but I'm not sure how well they are trained or by who ??

No disrespect to any Boncafe engineer but I have seen Thai workmanship & Thai tool kits which is why I'm a bit reluctant to let my machine out of my sight.

I will persevere a bit longer to get to the root of my problem before I part with my machine.

Thx again

I had power fluctuation at home, one phase on which the machine is plugged in & the machine did exactly what yours did.

Tried all we could at home, the wife looks after it. Took it to Bon Cafe, they said the computer needed resetting Now I don't know what computer is in it, but didn't take him long & serviced the whole machinearound Baht 200 from memory.

Thanks Rooo

I did wonder about electrical supply so have tried my machine elsewhere, still the same, if it has "tripped" inside due to a power surge or something then that's beyond me & a trip up the road will be in order.

I emailed a couple of day's ago to overseas Saeco dealers/service centres, just waiting for a response.

thx again

h90

There's not a true Saeco dealership as such in Thailand, Boncafe is a major importer of many brands of coffee machines & supplies.

They have a service facility with technicians who can have a crack at most machines but I'm not sure how well they are trained or by who ??

No disrespect to any Boncafe engineer but I have seen Thai workmanship & Thai tool kits which is why I'm a bit reluctant to let my machine out of my sight.

I will persevere a bit longer to get to the root of my problem before I part with my machine.

Thx again

mine is leaking somewhere and same as you.....I think it is better to have a leaking coffee machine than let someone complete brake it.

Maybe it is just the Orings, which I can change myself and will do so soon.

h90

Mine had a leak in the early days of arriving here, not able to return it overseas within the warranty I opted to have a look myself, I found it to have a badly fitted crimped clamp on one of the hoses. After a bit of a struggle as it was in a tight spot job done & problem solved, so it may be worth a gander. But you mention "O" ring which means you may have bit more of an issue, but having had mine in bit's all "O" rings are easily accessible.

Take a look it's worth doing to avoid the constant cleaning up..

Fareastguy: I try another theory, maybe one of microswitches inside the motor block are break.

It control the upper and lower position of the brewing group piston.

If the microswitches are not in proper position or did not work properly ( in stand-by mode one microswitch must to be shut on and the other one shut off) the mother board will get a signal of error even if the piston position it's correct.

I don't know how difficult will be to remove the motor block from your machine but in effect this issue match with to many fault and only a touch of luck will help you, if you want to persevere to fix it.

h90

Mine had a leak in the early days of arriving here, not able to return it overseas within the warranty I opted to have a look myself, I found it to have a badly fitted crimped clamp on one of the hoses. After a bit of a struggle as it was in a tight spot job done & problem solved, so it may be worth a gander. But you mention "O" ring which means you may have bit more of an issue, but having had mine in bit's all "O" rings are easily accessible.

Take a look it's worth doing to avoid the constant cleaning up..

yes you are right...just I don't want to start unless it is getting too bad....

Quickmill:

Thanks, not sure if I mentioned it in one of my earlier post's but I have had the brew group out & removed the rear back plate to expose the brew group motor & micro switches. All seemed fine, the motor seems to be in good order & rotating freely, the gear wheels are in the correct position, the single micro switch is intact & in it's position on the location pins. The other micro switch is also correctly fitted which is triggered when the brew group is replaced.

Keep the idea's flowing I'm not giving up yet.

h90 talking of flowing how's your leak smile.png

ohh I'm still waiting for the oversea's replies !