Wet Weather Ahead.

Gatorade

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a ten or maybe fifteen minute light rain, here in my area of Maenam the morning.... not sure if enough to make the garden happy! There's sure a chill in the air... brrrr! Hard to say which way it will turn ....

No rain Saturday or Sunday... but very pleasant down on the beach!

Only a ten or maybe fifteen minute light rain, here in my area of Maenam the morning.... not sure if enough to make the garden happy! There's sure a chill in the air... brrrr! Hard to say which way it will turn ....

No rain Saturday or Sunday... but very pleasant down on the beach!

Exactly the same for us in Plai Laem Jimmy. whistling.gif

Looks like the lucky buugers on the west coast are keeping the rain to themselves.sad.png

Is it better now? I have adjusted the flow.

Thanks for trying Rooo.

Must be a blockage somewhere in the system. We had 'spitting' rain for a few minutes and now it has stopped again.

We had a good 15 minutes of rain, not drizzle.

Anyway, i shall proceed with the same line of question; When is the rain season due please? An approximate date or week?

Not interested in cocks, balls <deleted> or BigC's sandwiches thanks. biggrin.png

OK Carmine - last night the wind shifted and I can now hear the surf. This is usually a sign of the winter monsoon. I predict that things will start to get really wet in the next week or two. whistling.gif

(and I mean more than the 15 minute showers that we have had 3 times this week)wink.png

This is a local forecast for the Plai Laem area. Mind you, I am taking 'the wife' over to KPG for a few days tomorrow. I predict BIG rain over at Koh Ma next week! sad.png

Anyway, i shall proceed with the same line of question; When is the rain season due please? An approximate date or week?

Not interested in cocks, balls <deleted> or BigC's sandwiches thanks. biggrin.png

OK Carmine - last night the wind shifted and I can now hear the surf. This is usually a sign of the winter monsoon. I predict that things will start to get really wet in the next week or two. whistling.gif

(and I mean more than the 15 minute showers that we have had 3 times this week)wink.png

This is a local forecast for the Plai Laem area. Mind you, I am taking 'the wife' over to KPG for a few days tomorrow. I predict BIG rain over at Koh Ma next week! sad.png

My club sandwichs in S and P r the bull locks

They are very nice arn't they. I like the chesse and ham ones in particular. Heres a tip for you.....little french deli next to Siam Commercial bank in maenam. If theres a better sandwich on this island i'd like to know about it.

Anyway, do i take it the rain arrives on tuesday?

They are very nice arn't they. I like the chesse and ham ones in particular. Heres a tip for you.....little french deli next to Siam Commercial bank in maenam. If theres a better sandwich on this island i'd like to know about it.

Anyway, do i take it the rain arrives on tuesday?

I have been told Wednesday which could mean Tuesday night

I hope the pm gets stuck here so she can through money at the island so she can leave

I don't know where you are on the island but the heavens have just opened on the Western side of the island and I have probably had what they forecast up to now biggrin.png

Not that I am complaining as it is badly needed.

Accuweather is predicting heavy rain through till thursday afternoon.

I need to get me a fuel gauge for my water tank. How hard can it be to make ?

I can they sit here when it rains watching my tanks fill up with a smile biggrin.png

Time to do some research whilst it is pouring down !

All you need is a stick or post long enough to touch the bottom of the tank.

Way to go sherlock ! w00t.gif

I don't even need the stick. I just have to walk down lots of stairs, go under the house. Climb around a dark, slippery beastie infested cellar and simply shine my torch down into the tank to see how full it is. I can also climb several flights of stairs to go check the tank under the carport again without the aid of a stick just my trusty, rechargeable torch. What I am after is an electronic tank gauge that I can look at the same as you do in your car or bike and see just how much water my two tanks have without the need for any strenuous exercise.

From my basic understanding of these things it is simply a matter of a floatation device and a few capacitors / resistors a gauge and job done.

Just getting the right capacitors / resistors is the problem rolleyes.gif

But I do relish a challenge and if it proves beyond me then the great Baht will overcome thumbsup.gif

I just won't tell the wife I paid to have it done whistling.gif

One of my neighbours brought his over from Germany. Easy to buy there as he lives there. As you say Bert - not rocket science. It gives him an LED reading from 0% to 100% and even has an automatic cut-off at 70% from the well (to allow for rain fall.)

Try the internet?