• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all your fault Rooo.

Well I tried to warn you....

This wind is playing havoc with my hair.

What hair? You are always saying you don't have any..... biggrin.pngtongue.png

The only thing I have seen flooded, is my fish pond is flowing over, hope the fish are staying close to the bottom! rolleyes.gif but then I did not go very far yesterday. wink.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Posted Today, 17:43

Thailand's South warned of heavy rain during Oct 24-25

BANGKOK, Oct 24 - Residents in the south of Thailand are being warned by the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department of heavy rain during Oct 24-25.

Director-general of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, Chatchai Promlert, said a report from the Meteorological Department indicated that low pressure ridges are covering the middle part of the southern region, causing widespread heavy rains in the area, which could result in immediate flashfloods, forest runoff and landslide.

Residents living along foothill slopes, lower land along the river, and along the coastline in Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, and Phangnga provinces are warned of strong wind and danger from heavy rain during October 24-25 as well as to be wary of likely natural disasters.

Continued:

Well, so much for the flood warnings for 24 & 25 th,

At least around me, all there has been so far, is periods of light steady rain.... but this is good as it will allow the soil to absorb water if and when we get the real thing...

Right now the sun is shinning!... but I suppose that could change quickly! smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

These night and early morning rains are good, but the unpredictable days make it hard to know what to do!

Tide very high today and choppy seas and good breeze.... I thought I might get the kayak out this afternoon, .... get down there and not a chance!

This is what it looked like today in / from Maenam .... Lots of happy tourists wandering along the beach though... wink.png

Lots of puddles en-route... but no poodles today!!! thumbsup.gif

post-85461-0-36468300-1353329722_thumb.j

post-85461-0-15257100-1353329731_thumb.j

post-85461-0-31206200-1353329737_thumb.j

• Like 1

Heavens well and truly opened up this morning in Maenam, a symphony of frogs echo across our Moo, lovely

Not a boo out of the frogs at my place, even last night when it was pouring down .... they must be sleeping... or moved down to your place! . ..... the clucking chickens are quiet too ... biggrin.png