1St Time.

kawapower

After being in Thailand for 3 1/2 yrs I took the plunge and played Phuket country park lakes course( 9 hole, par 72 for 18 holes, a great course in pristine condition, a very tight course which as the name suggests water every where, ended up losing 8 balls, apart from 2 balls bad course management cost me the other 6 balls, not a great score(96, handicap 12, but it included 3 birdies and 3 pars, shot of the day was my drive on the dog leg left 300 yd par 4 4th hole, I drew the ball onto the green 8ft from the pin, missed the eagle putt but made the birdie, my best drive in over 40 yrs of playing golf! Green fee for 18 holes was 2200 bht. Hopefully I will be able to afford to play these awesome courses on Phuket once a month depending on my finances!!

Edited by kawapower
  • Like 1

I remeber my first time but for the life of me can't remember her name. Anyways it was 60 years ago so I'll excuse myself.

I first started by having a course of lessons at John Jacob's Golf Range at Sandown Park. I couldn't lose a slice but was magic out of sand. Then I went to Downshire GC, a municipal just outside Wokingham and was tutored by a young assistant called Barry Lane. The guy that I learnt most from was a coloured guy who caddied at Randpark just outside of Jo'burg who played off 2 handicap. He'd put a club in my hand, told me where to aim and said every time to forget about hitting the ball but concentrate on swinging. He got me down to 9 handicap in three months.