We Work In Thailand -- But Where Else Have You Worked

DrWho

Hello again.

My current thread about expats working in Thailand reveals that lots of men on this forum have experience of working in a wide range of locations around the globe. I find this extremely interesting.

Perhaps you would like to say where else you have worked.

My personal resumé is small: Singapore and Thailand (BKK).

Would I be right in assuming that many of you have worked in the Middle East?

Thanks in advance for any input you are willing to offer.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an engineer - UK, The Netherlands, Denmark, USA, Japan, The Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Germany, France and of course Thailand.

Before that a professional cyclist - France, Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium.

Italy was head and shoulders the best place to live and work - and the worst place to race.

Italy was head and shoulders the best place to live and work - and the worst place to race.

Italy...specically Tuscany is still high up in my list of places to retire to..biggrin.png

Tuscanny ain't cheap. I used to visit a client in Florence (Firenze). He had an amazing farmhouse with a small vinyard and olive grove. A wonderful life!

Provence in the south of France would also be nice. But again, it's no longer cheap.

Have you thought about parts of south America: Peru and Ecuador? Great food; relaxed lifestyle; affordable.

I guess it all comes down to your own individual budget.

As an engineer - UK, The Netherlands, Denmark, USA, Japan, The Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Germany, France and of course Thailand.

Before that a professional cyclist - France, Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium.

How interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Can I ask where you cycled in Italy? And France? And Switzerland?

Do you still cycle here in Thailand?

I once cycled from London to Brighton.

I had a Holdsworth. Does that mean anything?

Gibraltar (as a school leaver).

Germany (Celle, St Tonis, Rheindahlen, Herford, Krefeld) (Forces)

UK (Hereford, Reading, London, Ipswich) (forces and civvy street)

Germany (Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf, Berlin and Stuttgart, also Heidelberg)

Thailand (Bangkok)

UAE (Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi) short term contract job

then back to Thailand.

Edited by beano2274

Mexico, Bolivia, Uganda, Libya, Cambodia, China and Thailand and looking to drag my ass through Saudi Arabia next year. I will feel like a whore and maybe break contract but I feel I need to be imprisoned there before I have the cash to be free.

How was Uganda?

In no order over a one year stint-Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Manila and finally Bangkok

Less than one year, Frankfurt, London, St. John's Newfoundland, Rome

Favourites to date-Bangkok, Frankfurt, Toronto

Least favourite-Manila

Rome. I used to visit clients in Rome. I remember staying at the Holiday Inn near St Peters.

Rome is great, but I preferred Milan.

Mexico, Bolivia, Uganda, Libya, Cambodia, China and Thailand and looking to drag my ass through Saudi Arabia next year. I will feel like a whore and maybe break contract but I feel I need to be imprisoned there before I have the cash to be free.

How was Uganda?

Uganda was raw and almost every day I would see something that surprised me. The women are renowned for their ugliness though and everybody shouts at each other when they speak. Get a motorbike or car and you'll live happily, enjoying every weekend.. cars are expensive though.

• Like 1

How was Uganda?

Uganda was raw and almost every day I would see something that surprised me. The women are renowned for their ugliness though and everybody shouts at each other when they speak. Get a motorbike or car and you'll live happily, enjoying every weekend.. cars are expensive though.

Thank you for sharing that. If you have time, perhaps you'd be kind enough to post more of your tales. I'd love to hear more about Uganda.

Have a great day tomorrow (Wednesday).

Edited by DrWho

Korea, Thailand, HK

Korea -- North or South?

I used to visit Seoul (though I never lived there), but I've not been to the North.

Actually, I'd love to go to the North to see what it's like.

Watch this:

See those women at ONE MINUTE TEN SECONDS.

Obedient; disciplined; well behaved. That's what I call a woman!

dr who,,\

you seam to like calling people pricks,

the way i read this there is only one of them on this thred, can you guess who im talking about, ill give you a clue it isnt the man you said is one

get a life,,

and yes ive worked all over the world and still do, oil and gas

OMG. Are you for real? Didn't you ever learn to read and write and spell?

Come back when you're worth taking seriously.

Further advice...... read the forum rules, because you are in breach, whether you are real or a troll.....And whilst on the topic of trolling, the secret of success is to be plausible. In one of your otther rants you are talking of having to prepare a boring presentation....so how come you have time to waste to fire abuse at all and sundry.

You are an idiot - either as an outed troll or as someone who hasn't got his presentation sorted. Surely you have been taught PPPPPP? When the presentation goes wrong, try to remember NOT to call your audience pricks, and DON'T tell them to get out of YOUR presentation. coffee1.gif

I've worked in the following countries:

USA

Australia

More or less every country in Europe

Azerbadjan, India, Japan, Korea, Iran, Iraq, Dubai, Saudi, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Malawi, Nigeria, Russia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan

AS bangsaenguy said "Every continent with the exception of Antarctica". If an aircraft (helicopters included) could land there it seems that I worked there, all be it for a short time. There are many places that I wanted to come back to and stay and many that I never wanted to hear the name again, but for some reason I always came back to Thailand and have been here for 14 years and will have been married to the same Thai lady for 13 of them on Monday.