Science Test In My Kids School

stevehaigh

What does Homeschooling a child entail?

I'd be wary of them missing out on the whole social aspect of not being in a school with lots of other children to play and socialize with.

It could be something I consider for my child though (missus's pregnant).

Basically you apply on line to a school of your choice (not too much of research is needed) then you pay for the curriculum which is sent (in my daughters case weekly) and you as a parent teach from that there is on-line assistance available. End of term exams are given which are marked by the on line school.

I totally agree about the lack of interaction with other children however it does not take much organizing to get a group of several children together ideally in the same grade then the teaching can be shared.

At least at the end of it your child has a certificate that is internationally recognized and if you were to ever return to your country of origin the child would at l;east be on par with other children of his/her age!

Have a look at this link: http://homeschooling.about.com/

Edited by lizardtongue

^ Thanks very much.

I'm quite interested as my wife is pregnant, and I'm not fully taken with the idea of them being educated in the Thai school system.

Can I ask two quick questions.

Roughly how much is the cost?

And what internationally recognized certificates do they get?

Thanks.