Anyone Growing Wheat Or Rye

• 6 months later...

I think I have understand your posting ,you are asking about wheat flour? well the seed you have I think is wheat seed ,which Iam certain is the wrong type of wheat for bread.
Bread flour is made from hard red wheats, with a high protein ,the wheat in Thailand is grown, so I have been told is in the North where it is cooler,is a feed wheat,can not be used for bread, I have seen some Thai wheat been through a hammer mill for cattle feed, some of the grains were still visible, small shriveled grains not good quality if you whant some bread flour wheat go to Big C.

As for Rye, I worked on a farm that grow rye it grows well on poor light soil if fed well, very long straw ,as for growing in Thailand find a spring variety, plant when the rains come May time?, and hope how it will cope with Thai diseases and pests I do not know.,if it doe`s OK it will give the locals some thing to talk about over there laow khow.

Name in Thai, my Thai/English dictionary says Khow rye, like barley in Thai, is Khow barley, makes sense.My translater on my computer, says Khow sar-ley,same name as for wheat, then says no translation.

Hope this is of some help ,long time in repying only come across this post last night all the best good luck.

Yours Rgs

KS