Bangkok To Adopt Los Angeles Administrative Model For City Improvement

webfact

Bangkok to adopt LA administrative model for city improvement

LOS ANGELES, 27 September 2012 (NNT) – A delegation of the Bangkok Metropolitan Council (BMC) is on a visit to Los Angeles to observe the LA administrative system and strengthen both cities’ relationship.

BMC Chairman Suthichai Weerakulsunthorn yesterday met with Los Angeles Council deputy chairman Tom LaBonge. Mr Suthichai said after the meeting that the BMC would take the City of Los Angeles as its model of metropolitan administration. He voiced his support to the LA Council’s petition system in which people are allowed to express their complaints at a Council meeting. And if possible, Mr Suthichai said the approach would be adopted during the BMC meeting in October. Besides, a proposal will be made to the government to amend related laws to allow the BMC to fully manage public utilities in Bangkok.

As Los Angeles and Bangkok have entered an agreement to be friendship cities, the BMC chairman hoped that his visit would lead to greater cooperation in such fields as student exchange, education, culture, economy and tourism.

During this visit to LA which is the second largest city in the US after New York, the BMC delegation also had a chance to observe the LA environmental management system, police affairs and other public utilities such as electricity and waterworks.

Meanwhile, Mr LaBonge expressed during his talk with the BMC delegation that he was willing to support the BMC in the latter’s bid to promote educational exchange programs, as well as in other development projects that were deemed beneficial to Bangkok. He also commended Bangkok as a beautiful city with a unique culture and popular destinations among tourists around the world.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-09-27 footer_n.gif

Maybe this means a part of Bangkok will be renamed to Hollywood....maybe the Government House area which houses the offices of the Prime Minister and cabinet ministers since its always making up political stories which can only be considered fantasy movies.

"As Los Angeles and Bangkok have entered an agreement to be friendship cities, the BMC chairman hoped that his visit would lead to greater cooperation in such fields as student exchange, education, culture, economy and tourism".

Los Angeles already has three cities listed as being "Friendship" Status, London,UK and Manchester,UK being two of them.

I'm not a political person so I'll comment no further. smile.png

Edited by hedonist44

BKK a beautiful city? Is the guy sane? A unique culture? Like <deleted> all else on Earth does he mean? Grief, I'm almost Immune to US BS but this makes me want to lie down for a spell.

Of course to his kind in the wonderland that is California everything is beautiful this and beautiful that although I've never heard anybody come out with 'beautiful downtown Pittsburg'. Maybe I haven't lived long enough.

The only cities that I consider approaching respectability and acceptance are Paris and Rome. Most others, same same BKK, are concrete jungles.

"As Los Angeles and Bangkok have entered an agreement to be friendship cities, the BMC chairman hoped that his visit would lead to greater cooperation in such fields as student exchange, education, culture, economy and tourism".

Los Angeles already has three cities listed as being "Friendship" Status, London,UK and Manchester,UK being two of them.

LA has the same with london and manchester ??,....now bkk ..........maybe thats why there has been a huge increase in gun crime in these places,.....as for student exchange,......who in their right mind would opt for a thai education if given a choice ???

They are going to model the 405 parking lot during morning and PM rush hours for 4 hours each way. Drivers get to "watch paint dry" in their commute. police in Bangkok can also start beating up any lower class citizens like they do in LA.

What a preposterous commentary on the back of a "free trip" to LA and pool side cocktails at the expense of the few Thai taxpayers who actually pay tax. The "LA model" - what a puff of hot air and flatulence.

I agree - LA is in no way a model city. Hardly a good example for Bangkok to follow.

Yep, they should have gone for somewhere better like Newport or the likes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqns2xtTYc

Brilliant! Thanks for posting this clap2.gif I love Newport - most efficient passport office in the UK. But, to be fair, a junket to Newport instead of LA? They could take in a Dragons game but the shopping is just not so good!

LA has the same with london and manchester ??,....now bkk ..........maybe thats why there has been a huge increase in gun crime in these places,.....as for student exchange,......who in their right mind would opt for a thai education if given a choice ???

Don't believe all the crap that's written about education. Thai universities attract plenty of overseas studients. I was really surprised at the numbers and variety of nationalities at two univerisites I visited here. Some of my American friends despair at the educational decline in American schools and uni's - which is also echoed from colleagues in the UK, Ireland and France.

L.A. is the armpit of America coffee1.gif

Jealousy is unbecoming.

LA is GREAT, if you know where to be. Kind of like Bangkok!

Hey! Why not make them 'friendship cities'!

You mean LA is Great if you've plenty of money. Same as Bangkok, London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, ......................... etc

Agreed, LA is not a model to follow. Let's see, build an underground that can't go where it's supposed to go, because they discover an extensive water table (who would have thought!). The second largest city in the US, which has been without an NFL team for over two decades (because of squabbling over the use of city funds to partially pay for a stadium). A highway system that is a disaster. A police force that is the model of incompetence and racial intolerance (OJ, Rodney King). If anyone has ever been in downtown LA after sunset, you would know that it becomes a ghost town. No one sticks around, because there is nothing there, and it's fairly dangerous. LA is not a bad place, it's just not a model of city administration. Yet, one only has to look south to Long Beach for a much better model.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox