Thai Language School In Pattaya ?

duiter

There are a lot of language schools in Pattaya. Many of them are just education visa businesses, the actual education is less important for the students and/or the school. None of the language schools in Pattaya is really good. The least bad school, in my opinion, is Pro Language or if you're a beginner AUA (but they offer no advanced courses for groups).

Very few schools offer an advanced program. There's one school calls its third book advanced, but I think it's just a beginners books.

You can study for six months in most schools.

If it comes to Thai language study, there are many schools in BKK that are much better than the best school in Pattaya.

The living costs in Pattaya are much lower than in BKK if you've a farang lifestyle (eat farang food, buy farang things, go out at farang places). If your lifestyle is 100% Thai, BKK is only a bit more expensive than Pattaya (because of higher rent).

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for a good Thai language in Pattaya that will lead me to pass the the grade 6 test for residency. I have no Thai language skills currently. I don't need an ED visa.

I heard Pro Language is OK. Any other schools?

I'm looking for a good Thai language in Pattaya that will lead me to pass the the grade 6 test for residency. I have no Thai language skills currently. I don't need an ED visa.

I heard Pro Language is OK. Any other schools?

I go to the Pro Language School in Chiang Mai. They are really good at their stuff! I have been there over 3 years and my understand of Thai language is very good now. All the teachers for this school are trained in their Bangkok branch and they are all real teacher with real qualifications and experience, so the quality is very good.

I tried several schools, but this one was the best for me. I found the teaching materials and style very good, even at the basic introduction level (I could speak no Thai when I started).

Now in advanced class. The best thing about this school is the teachers will really help you and they really care about the students and what they are aiming for. So if you tell them you need to study for the grade 6 exam they will be happy to do that.

I would like to try the exam now. I never thought about it before. I would love to be a resident here (although at my younger age it will be difficult). Good luck and let me know how its all going. I would be very interested to hear about you experiences with the residency process.

Cheers.