Replacing A Lost Green Book For My Motorbike - Thats Registered To A Previous Address

ironryon

Hi

Can anyone shed some light on what is the best route to take to resolve this little headache I have with my wifes green book....

The bike was bought and registered in Samui 3.5 years ago.

The bike is and has been in Buriram for the last 3 years.

My wife realised recently that she has lost the green book for this bike and its still registered to her in her old name in Samui!

Her cousin has now bought the bike but has been promised the green book and ownership transferred asap.

My wife has called the "green book shop" whoever that may be and she was advised that she should report the loss of the green book to the police and either go with all necessary documents or take the bike to Surat for it to be re - registered etc....

Seems a little odd to have to go back to Surat/Samui....is that the case or is there another office we can use more local?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I have been lucky enough not to lose a green book but I have lost my licences.

Fortunately nowadays when I get any documents like that I scan them into my computer and if I lose something I report it to the police (cost 20 baht for the important police report) and then go back to where I got the document from, show them the copies plus passport, yellow book, dog licence, TV licence etcand it is a bit easier for them.