Knowledgeable Tv Members....

Chittychangchang

The wealth of knowledge and experience of TV members on here never fail to astound me.

There is a fascinating thread on gemstones going at the moment , amongst other good informative threads that are running past and present.

The purpose of this thread is for like minded members to see if they have similar interests or even just for fun.

Tell us something thats NEW and obscure, without the assistance of a search engine.

I'll start.....I finished collecting my 1960's Blue Beat Ska vinyl 45" collection this year, i now have all 403 singles.

Over to you and hey and let's be clean out there.

With 197, the Skywheel has more fluorescent tubes then the Skydiver. The 'diver looks like it has more then the

'wheel, but it only has 192. Sorry, that's not new, but it is sort of obscure.

Did I win anything?

Yes the prize for the most un-interesting post biggrin.png
  • Like 2

The stone buildings sticking up through a tropical forest canopy in Star Wars are the Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala. Some of the buildings are over 2000 years old. That is 1000 years older than Ankhor Wat. ( HA! Thai related, sort ofsmile.png )

• Like 1

With 197, the Skywheel has more fluorescent tubes then the Skydiver. The 'diver looks like it has more then the

'wheel, but it only has 192. Sorry, that's not new, but it is sort of obscure.

Did I win anything?

Yes the prize for the most un-interesting post biggrin.png

How much it is?

The stone buildings sticking up through a tropical forest canopy in Star Wars are the Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala. Some of the buildings are over 2000 years old. That is 1000 years older than Ankhor Wat. ( HA! Thai related, sort ofsmile.png )

I visited Tikal in the late 60's, fascinating place. Only way to get there at that time was by air. Besides my girlfriend and myself there were only archaelogists there, we were the only tourists.

• Like 1

I love vinyl records. They are back in a big way, even new, and top notch vintage turntables are in high demand. The warmth of the analogue sound far surpasses digital.

For me, I collect vintage Schwinn bikes from the 50's and early 60's. I'm going to dispose of them next year when I retire to Thailand, but it's no problem. They sell fast on ebay and very good prices.

Front to back - 1965 Schwinn Jaguar. Last three are 1959 Jaguars. I have lots more.

Jags650-1.jpg

Just bought one for my daughters birthday, all the other girls at school are well jealous.Thks for posting pic.

I love vinyl records. They are back in a big way, even new, and top notch vintage turntables are in high demand. The warmth of the analogue sound far surpasses digital.

For me, I collect vintage Schwinn bikes from the 50's and early 60's. I'm going to dispose of them next year when I retire to Thailand, but it's no problem. They sell fast on ebay and very good prices.

Front to back - 1965 Schwinn Jaguar. Last three are 1959 Jaguars. I have lots more.

Jags650-1.jpg

I’ve had a Typhoon, a Varsity, a couple Continentals, a Super Sport and a few Sting Rays, great old bikes.

Jags650-1.jpg

I know where to buy penny farthing bicycles in Thailand.

a pig has an average orgasm of 30 minutes!

Humans are the only thing on the planet, that have sex for pleasure.

No that should read humans are the only thing on the planet, that has sex for money.

oooops Not Thai related thumbsup.gif

Edited by harrry

Jags650-1.jpg

The front one doesn't seem to have visible brakes like the others,

Does it have a back pedal braking system?

From tedious trial and error, i know a trick that produces a much friendlier Maya import when converting a .stp file with FBX converter..but im not sharing.

Maybe you don't, but you're hoping someone will reply and tell you how to do it.

St. John's Wood is the only underground station in London that doesn't contain letters from the word Mackerel. rolleyes.gif

That sounds like a fishy story.

O.K, not sure yet how I am going to keep this Thai related. I was talking with some friends (in Ireland) the other night and we were trying to work out where "common sayings" came from and were talking about ones we knew.

We came to the word "Shadey Muddy" (shaa dee muddy) for a snail. This is the term we all used for a snail when we were growing up, but we couldn't work out where it came from but presumed it came from a Gaelic word.

We Googled it later on and found absolutely nothing. I'm wondering if anyone in the world or even any Irish bm's have ever heard this term, We even had a ditty that we use to chant to the snail when we were young children. "Shaddey Muddy, Shadey Muddy stick out yours horns" We played with snails and spiders and other bugs as children.

What is the Thai word for snail and do they have regional words also that are specific to each location.

a pig has an average orgasm of 30 minutes!

Humans are the only thing on the planet, that have sex for pleasure.

You clearly haven't seen BookMan's performance....the twinkle in his eye...

I'm unbeaten at chess in nearly fifteen years. smile.png

You mean at the Inn in Glasgow or? whistling.gif